• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coop said:
When the hell is Mass Effect 2 going up on steam?

Well dragon age only showed up a week or two before release, so I guess it's normal for it not to be up yet.

Peronthious said:
Skip that one.

As much as I like this response, the not so great games in my steam library I'll play as much as I can tolerate. Skipping is a slippery slope.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
TouchMyBox said:
Just start knocking games off of your backlog alphabetically. (assuming you haven't finished all your steam games).
Well, I started at 'A', with the Alien Shooter 2 Reloaded demo, and now I'm kinda pissed that I didn't buy it during the sale.

FML

Sysgen

Gexecuter said:
btw guys if you bought Mass Effect during the sale can you see your CD key? i used to being able to do that but that option doesn't show anymore, weird.

Steam\SteamApps\common\mass effect\Binaries\MassEffectConfig.exe perhaps.

graywolf323

mine alphabetically is either

1701 A.D.: Gold Edition or AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity followed by AI War: Fleet Command

If I went alphabetically, the first game would be Aion Collector's Edition, which I probably wouldn't play until they sort out the crash that occurs because of some sort of weird memory leak.

The second game would be Altitude, which is very addicting.

Edit: Futuremark Game Studios seems to be very please by the Holiday Sale of Shattered Horizon:

I hope you understand that we are not going to share sales data. I will say though that we have been very pleased with how the Steam holiday sale went, and especially the one day sale. The results of that are obvious for everyone to see even if we don't reveal exact numbers.

Jirotrom

graywolf323 said:
mine alphabetically is either

1701 A.D.: Gold Edition or AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity followed by AI War: Fleet Command

Audiosurf is first for me... which there is no beating

Batman Arkham: I perfected that game

Braid- I'll finish this next :D

EDIT:
what is STO?

Zzoram

Sinatar said:
Just finished Indigo Prophecy, what a flaming piece of dogshit.

Can I have my $3 back. :lol

I've bought several games for under $10 that I didn't play much of, but it never ends up bothering me because they were so cheap. I've wasted more money on bad candy.

Zzoram

ZombieSupaStar said:
wewt, purchased the deluxe digital edition of STO

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!

Does the game only come with 1 month subscription? Is this game actually going to be good? I've seen some media, but it doesn't look amazing. It looks ok though, but not $20/month ok.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Zzoram said:
I've bought several games for under $10 that I didn't play much of, but it never ends up bothering me because they were so cheap. I've wasted more money on bad candy.

Yea but this was a special kind of bad, like wow. Start to finish, terrible.

Zzoram

Sinatar said:
Yea but this was a special kind of bad, like wow. Start to finish, terrible.

Really? I liked most of what I played, except for the flashback stealth sequence (where I got stuck and stopped).

I wasn't a huge fan of the mouse controls either, because it seemed like they didn't always work.

ArjanN

TouchMyBox said:
Just start knocking games off of your backlog alphabetically. (assuming you haven't finished all your steam games).If not, fall back on TF2 because it's pretty much the shiz-niz.

The developers of "AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!" really knew what they were doing when they named that game.

crimsonheadGCN said:
If I went alphabetically, the first game would be Aion Collector's Edition, which I probably wouldn't play until they sort out the crash that occurs because of some sort of weird memory leak.

The second game would be Altitude, which is very addicting.

Edit: Futuremark Game Studios seems to be very please by the Holiday Sale of Shattered Horizon:
I guess people don't pay much attention to aion updates... The memory leak was resolved about 6 weeks ago now, among other problems like better rest state exp bonuses and weekend double exp (when they feel like doing it, already had one weekend in dec)

Salaadin

Ill probably kick myself for thinking about this now rather than last week but how are Far Cry and Far Cry 2? Beating Crysis last night and the Crysis thread on the front page got me thinking that Ive never played any Crytek games other than Crysis.

Are both games worthy pickups? Itll only be 30 bucks in total for both of them and Ill probably wait and see if they end up on sale by some chance since I have a decent backlog to tear thru until then.

vehn

Salaadin said:
Ill probably kick myself for thinking about this now rather than last week but how are Far Cry and Far Cry 2? Beating Crysis last night and the Crysis thread on the front page got me thinking that Ive never played any Crytek games other than Crysis.

Are both games worthy pickups? Itll only be 30 bucks in total for both of them and Ill probably wait and see if they end up on sale by some chance since I have a decent backlog to tear thru until then.

Far Cry 2 isn't a CryTek game

TheExodu5

Banned
Far Cry is a fairly straightforward action game. The AI is really exceptional for the time, but it only really comes into play a few times, as much of the game is linear. Be prepared to do a lot of saving and loading.

Salaadin

vehn said:
Far Cry 2 isn't a CryTek game

That was an assumption on my part. I had no idea.

Ill probably check out the first then just to see whats up. I remember hearing about it a lot when it first came out but I didnt have a PC capable of anything more than web browsing then.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Salaadin said:

Far Cry 2 wasn't made by Crytek, but it is still worth picking up. I would recommend holding off though because it has gone on sale a number of times before and it is only a matter of time before it goes on sale again.

Far Cry 1 is very very unforgiving. There is no way to quicksave without mods and the checkpoints are pretty sparse. Enemies feel like they have a lot of health and about a third of the way into the game you encounter a new type of enemy that has a bullshit amount of health no matter what difficulty you are on and they do ridiculous amounts of damage to you. However, I would definitely recommend picking it up at 5$ because despite all those faults, the first third of the game is quite good. There is a lot of freedom allowed in the initial levels and the maps are enormous. It also mixes vehicles into the action quite well and they are a lot of fun to use.

Jas

For anyone interested in Battlefield Bad Company 2 on Steam...

OfficialBFBC2 Twitter said:
Guys/girls, we're working together with Valve to get a BFBC2 pre-order program going on Steam, hope we can announce this soon.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
ZombieSupaStar said:
wewt, purchased the deluxe digital edition of STO

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!

Not sure if I will regret it or not, but I did the same thing. Also, for anyone who is a fan of the original series, make sure to get the 3rd season on Blu-Ray. You get a code to unlock the TOS movie uniforms as seen in Wrath of Khan through Undiscovered Country.

graywolf323

I hope no one here bought Spaceforce since the price just dropped to less than it was on sale for during the holiday sale (when it was 50% off the old price)

graywolf323

Divinity II sounds interesting

is it a sequel to the Divinity games that are on GOG?

kinda wish I had bought them during GOG's sale now

Zero Gear 4 pack available so each copy is about $7.50 instead of $15 if you pre purchase.
Global Agenda 4 pack available so each copy is about $31 instead of $44 if you pre purchase.

Also, expect the following games to go up today or tomorrow

1. Alien vs Predator pre purchase
2. Vancouver 2010 the Game

anyone know if i can just get a save for mass effect? i bought it during the steam wallet rape week. But i realize i'm too lazy to beat it to transfer my dude to mass effect 2. Can some one make a bald asian looking guy
that kills the queen, and saves wrex?

currently trying to finish: Fallout 3 this god damn game never ends edition, batman AA, mirror's edge, mass effect

jan mass effect 2
feb alien vs predator, bioshock 2
march bad company 2, the new stalker game

fucking steam now i buy games because its cheap, not because i will play them =(

Technosteve said:
anyone know if i can just get a save for mass effect? i bought it during the steam wallet rape week. But i realize i'm too lazy to beat it to transfer my dude to mass effect 2. Can some one make a bald asian looking guy
that kills the queen, and saves wrex?
You can change your appearance in ME2 when transferring your save.

Garou

This probably went unnoticed in the other thread, I still have a couple of guest passes left:

Counter-Strike: Source
Day of Defeat: Source
Team Fortress 2
Killing Floor (2x)

If interested PM me your mailaddress.

LovingSteam said:
Zero Gear 4 pack available so each copy is about $7.50 instead of $15 if you pre purchase.
Global Agenda 4 pack available so each copy is about $31 instead of $44 if you pre purchase.

I'm really starting to like this new trend of having 4-packs. I'm glad that Valve started the promotion.

graywolf323

this is weird, I just checked my bank account and I'm missing charges from back around the sale started, almost two weeks ago

which could be a problem since if they come through now I'll overdraft :-S

drizzle

Axel Hertz
LovingSteam said:

Battlefield Bad Company 2 4pack!
MAKE IT HAPPEN!
it's never going to happen

Volcynika

graywolf323 said:
this is weird, I just checked my bank account and I'm missing charges from back around the sale started, almost two weeks ago

Same, I've only got 56 dollars worth of stuff on mine, but I spent ~100 more than that. 0-o

I swear I saw pending and some completed charges but now they're all not there.

Javaman

graywolf323 said:

It took them a while to start charging me for some of the games I bought near the beginning. They must have decided to space them out due to the demand. Better get some money in there STAT.

graywolf323

well **** me

I need to come up with $53.23 somehow

damn you Steam >_<

edit: ugh I had to trade games into GameStop in order to get the money :-(

now to get to the bank

edit 2: well my balance has updated for today (Wednesday the 6th) and I'll be fine financially at least

had to sell Uncharted 2, the latest Ratchet & Clank, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, and Midnight Club LA to get the money though :'( but I still need to beat the previous Ratchet Future and Uncharted games anyways... still hurts though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom