• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoFuzz

Whoa, Dirt 2 PC is a only a month old and already there's already such a huge discount. I don't think I can bring myself to Day 1 any PC titles anymore, not that I have for a while, mind you.

Doytch said:
You're just saying that cause they're Dutch.
I think you mean Doytch.

Jirotrom said:
it has achievements ?:D If so... BOUGHT!

I'm not going to give the dignity of a response to a cheevhead. Google it yourself.

edit: OK that was mean. But shouldn't you be buying the game because you want to play DiRT 2?

Jirotrom

Fragamemnon said:
I'm not going to give the dignity of a response to a cheevhead. Google it yourself.
oh hush... I like achievement points because my friends and I compete on them... for me its a part of the game.

EDIT: I want to play it, but normally I would wait for it to be cheaper since I have GriD on PC, which has no achievements mind you... but the achievements are an extra incentive, good on codemasters because they just got another sale :D

epmode

Desaparecido said:
I'm not sure about this one. I'm a semi-recent convert to rally games but Dirt 2's demo depressed me. I really dislike the new XTREEM attitude and all the goddamned deserts. My favorite courses in other games tend to be muddy/icy/wet disasters.

God almighty I would kill for a PC port of Rallisport Challenge 2.

Great price for DiRT 2, I own retail which cost me £17.95 on day of release but this price in steam should not be missed, won't be this cheap for a long time after this offer ends.

Same with batman AA last year, dropped to £15 on steam and I was a fool not to buy it then as I was waiting for a boxed set for cheap, but it never dropped and now it's back up to like £20 most places :(

*edit* it's $20 in America? ffffffffuuuuuuuuuu cheap asses :p that works out to be £12.30 on XE.com

UK, January 15, 2010 - Rebellion is releasing the original 1999 version of Aliens vs. Predator in the run-up to its new game of the same name, with the 11 year old game coming to Steam at a budget price.

Initially the game will ship with the single-player mode only with a free patch that enables multiplayer following soon after. Rebellion's CEO Jason Kingsley said that Aliens vs. Predator's budget price will reflect this, telling IGN "It'll be very cheap – and it shows it's age a little bit, but it is frightening and it is difficult. We will in due course fix up the multiplayer – and we'll make sure it's a free download."

There are currently no plans to bring the game to Xbox Live Arcade or PlayStation Network although this could change soon. Rebellion's all-new take on Aliens vs. Predator continues to impress – read our latest impressions and stay tuned for more details in the near future.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/106/1061386p1.html

Diablohead said:
*edit* it's $20 in America? ffffffffuuuuuuuuuu cheap asses :p that works out to be £12.30 on XE.com
I'm definitely cheap, but $20 seems to buy me a lot these days with Steam sales...
Maybe I'd get it if I had a decent PC gamepad.

Jirotrom said:
i think im changing my mind on Dirt2... i keep hearing about how repetitive it gets... and im not a fan of that.
You are passing up a great rally racer, it repeats a few circuits but the actual racing is great. You ever try the demo on pc or console? It also looks amazing and runs well on most graphics cards.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Alien vs. Predator Classic 2000 released, 5$

Steam said:
Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 features the Colonial Marine, Alien and Predator Campaigns and the frenetic single-player Skirmish mode from the original title: Alien Versus Predator Gold Edition, which was released to massive acclaim in 2000.

Alien Versus Predator Classic 2000 has been updated to run on modern PCs and laptops using DirectX 9.0c and includes support for Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, however, it does not currently support multi-player.

The three most ferocious species in the universe in a bloodthirsty battle for the ultimate prize: survival. Take your pick: be a Colonial Marine, a Predator or an Alien. Fight through suspense-filled environments: from starships and space stations to colonial bases and eerie planetscapes. One wrong move turns you from hunter to prey.

-Three campaigns: Colonial Marine, Alien and Predator
-Includes all the levels from the original AvP Gold Edition plus the Millennium Expansion Pack
-Skirmish mode against infinite Alien hordes
-Bonus Episodes
-Unique abilities, weapons and equipment for each species
-Scale walls and elevator shafts as an ALIEN with frightening speed as you attack and devour your victims
-Stalk your prey as the deadly PREDATOR using wrist blades, shoulder cannons and stealth mode
-Lock and load as a COLONIAL MARINE using motion trackers, grenade launchers and flame-throwers to exterminate your foes
-Supports Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
-Music from the original soundtrack CD

Hey Lucasarts, why the hell can't you release Jedi Knight this way?

Mrbob

Wow AvsP classic redone to work with modern systems....AND only 5 bucks? So, SO bought!

Includes all the levels from the original AvP Gold Edition plus the Millennium Expansion Pack

Excellllllent.

MNC

Wow, AvP game has neat last gen graphics. I'd hate to say it like this but it just does :lol Is it any fun?
I've never played it before but it looks fun. Is multiplayer deathmatch with 3 teams basically?

I can't find any footage... Does it go by the name of Alien vs Predator 2?

Volcynika said:
Does "it" include the 23 pieces of DLC or just the main game? :p
Well I assume that based on the price and prevalence of their DLC, they probably wouldn't have sold everything for under $10. But I wouldn't have complained if they did!

The DLC itself doesn't interest me, but the game looks interesting and I'd like to try it out -- just not at $50. But hey, apparently they have an audience and it's working for them.

Javaman

rohlfinator said:
Well I assume that based on the price and prevalence of their DLC, they probably wouldn't have sold everything for under $10. But I wouldn't have complained if they did!

The DLC itself doesn't interest me, but the game looks interesting and I'd like to try it out -- just not at $50. But hey, apparently they have an audience and it's working for them.

I don't know about this one. Space and flight sims have 3 axis, 1st person shooters have 2 1/2, racing games have 2 but this only has one axis. Forward and backwards. It's just one axis away from being a standing still simulator.

MNC

LovingSteam said:
Bioshock 2 should be available for pre purchase sometime next week. It just appeared on the blob. PS, WITH A 4 PACK OPTION!
Neato! Bought the previous Bioshock fullprice... In Euros :| That wasn't really clever, so I'm hoping to get in some packs with GAF perhaps. Or if not, wait till it drops in the next yearly sale :lol

Firestorm

LovingSteam said:
Bioshock 2 should be available for pre purchase sometime next week. It just appeared on the blob. PS, WITH A 4 PACK OPTION!
YESH

Please be 10% off + 4 Pack. Would be heavenly.

This is a game my friends are most likely not getting on Steam so I'll probably be looking for a GAF four-pack without me as the lead. I have too much PayPal as it is =(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
ooh Dirt 2 weekend sale, i didn't even notice.

Very tempted to pick it up at this price. I was waiting for a daily sale on it over Christmas but it never happened.

Mrbob

eznark said:
It's good with no multiplayer?

Yes.

For me single player holds better than multiplayer for the test of time anyway.

Who wants to play AVP2000 online in 2010.

Edit: Bioshock 2 4 pack? I might have to join in one!

MoFuzz

Mrbob said:
Who wants to play AVP2000 online in 2010.
I remember the game having a fun horde/survival equivalent that I played online with friends. It was kind of starship troopers'ish, hunkering down in bunkers while trying to fend off the waves. But you're right, it's so old, I don't think many people will bother.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
This is my first experience with Aliens vs. Predator, apart from the demo of AvP2, it's scary as fuck. Like jesus christ it's going to give me an ulcer.

Also, if you are having issues with mouse lag, try forcing v-sync off in your video card control panel. I did it through nHancer (made a profile first) and that fixed all my lag issues.

MNC

Stallion Free said:
This is my first experience with Aliens vs. Predator, apart from the demo of AvP2, it's scary as fuck. Like jesus christ it's going to give me an ulcer.

Also, if you are having issues with mouse lag, try forcing v-sync off in your video card control panel. I did it through nHancer (made a profile first) and that fixed all my lag issues.
System shock 2 scarier or less

Javaman

Game is missing this,
t9h3lg.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MNC said:
System shock 2 scarier or less

Less than System Shock. I still haven't played a game as scary as that. But I just finished the first level in the Marine campaign and goddamn. It's really dark and if you use nightvision, you don't see your radar. And the radar is always making those beeps and there are the dots showing up BUT NO ONE IS THERE. And then you hear the Predator noise and are right on top of his dot and then it disappears. It's really good shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom