• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Nope. Only an ESRB listing and we all know it will come... just not with the other two releases =/ I'll probably have to get it on 360.

£12.99 for LP:C is rather good, I paid £6 for mine at a retail sale last summer even though I own it on 360 as well as the original release XD lost planet whore!

It might be up because they know people will be getting excited for the sequel, the game is so worth it just for the multiplayer, you will orgasm.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Anyone have the link to that site someone made that compiled a list of everyones community profile? You could see what achievement has been gotten the most, who had the most achievements, where you were on the list, etc. There was a thread about it but i think search is still disabled.

Psy-Phi

crimsonheadGCN said:
Better late than never I guess:
Because of Steam's slack with this version of the game, I went ahead and bought the disc version back when CC's were sutting down. Got it on the cheap. Good game, sucks when you format your machine though. Stupid GFWL encryption that I didn't think about (lost my saved progress so I have yet to finish it. Just installed it again though and am working my way through single player slowly.

Still have yet to play multi.

Still fun though. 30 bucks is atrocious however.

Yay at Lost Planet Colonies!!!!

Fuckng YAAAY! :D :D :D

...though is anyone actually still playing it on 360 (since PC/360 are actually cross platform)? I'd imagine no one touches the PC MP

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
well, I bit on the Total War Mega Pack...

crazy... I didn't buy PC games for YEARS aside from MMORPGs... and honestly, a big part of that was the almost always lousy selection at Best Buy or even dealing with Gamestop.. eventually my PC fell into ruins (not really.. but just an X2 4200 with X800 card) and PC gaming was all but dead to me. Since upgrading my rig to a respectable i5 750 I've fell (dangerously) in love with steam.. I couldn't imagine buying games any other way... well. except for Blizzard but you're not really left with a way to get blizzard games digitally so I can live with that.

didn't grab trine... game seems to be a great deal at $5, but until I get an HDMI receiver by my TV so I only have to run one cable from my computer, I'd rather just play it on my PS3.

Finally got Trine and loving it.

I'm also loving the fact that the developers are really supportive of the community. They are constantly on the Steam forums, answering questions and taking in suggestions from the community.

Zachack

borghe said:

crazy... I didn't buy PC games for YEARS aside from MMORPGs... and honestly, a big part of that was the almost always lousy selection at Best Buy or even dealing with Gamestop.. eventually my PC fell into ruins (not really.. but just an X2 4200 with X800 card) and PC gaming was all but dead to me. Since upgrading my rig to a respectable i5 750 I've fell (dangerously) in love with steam.. I couldn't imagine buying games any other way... well. except for Blizzard but you're not really left with a way to get blizzard games digitally so I can live with that.

didn't grab trine... game seems to be a great deal at $5, but until I get an HDMI receiver by my TV so I only have to run one cable from my computer, I'd rather just play it on my PS3.
I was under the impression that Trine PS3 was mangled somehow.

Worms 2: Armageddon will be available on Steam soon:

Worms 2: Armageddon Coming to Steam
[Feb 09, 2010, 6:04 pm ET] - 15 Comments

A post to Team17 Software's Facebook Page by Team 17 indicating Worms 2: Armageddon is coming to Steam, and they are gearing up for beta testing. Word is: "W2A on Steam is moving ahead, there will be a Beta test, so stay tuned for more info in the next few weeks." An earlier update indicates Alien Breed Evolution is being tested on Steam either currently or in the near future. Thanks MTechnik.

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/107245/worms-2-armageddon-coming-to-steam

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
borghe said:

Not so. You can create a battle.net account, link them to your account via cd key and download them whenever you want.

AgentOtaku said:
Yay at Lost Planet Colonies!!!!

Fuckng YAAAY! :D :D :D

...though is anyone actually still playing it on 360 (since PC/360 are actually cross platform)? I'd imagine no one touches the PC MP
It's not too bad, snipers might have an edge with the mouse but how the game works doesn't mean kb&m wins, plus it's tons of fun even if you get juggled by a pro :lol

I play my pc copy with a 360 pad as I prefer it.

TheExodu5

Banned
Teknoman said:
Wtf? Just got two emails this morning saying my steam password and email had been changed...but under my profile, the email is actually still the correct one.

I'd contact Steam support asap.

Bought Trine today. I was thinking about it in the past, but the demo sold me.

Torchlight and Trine both sold me with their demos. They were long enough to let me really feel like I knew what the games were about.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Gah, already ordered the special edition from Play, considering it'd cost me a few quid to send it back and the fact that I've cancelled about 10 orders from Play I'll just have to wait a few days.

TheExodu5

Banned
Technosteve said:
Damn it i don't own stalker on steam, I should buy Clear Sky 10 on Steam and get COP for 20. But i heard Clear Sky sucks >..<

Still...you lose nothing by doing so. Might as well buy it.

The Complete Mod for Clear Sky is a work in progress at the moment, so you can play it when that releases.

TheExodu5 said:
Still...you lose nothing by doing so. Might as well buy it.

The Complete Mod for Clear Sky is a work in progress at the moment, so you can play it when that releases.

Ha i was going to beg for a someone to gift me stalker on steam hahaha. Does steam version have problems with mods or it's A OK?

JADS

Technosteve said:
Ha i was going to beg for a someone to gift me stalker on steam hahaha. Does steam version have problems with mods or it's A OK?

Most mods work fine with the steam version. Too bad I already own a copy of CoP, the promo is pretty awesome.

Shit, shit, SHIT, I didn't buy Trine before the time expired. I really do feel like I'm going to cry.

I've thought long and hard about the Total War package, but I just can't convince myself to buy one of those games. What made Shogun: Total War so appealing to me (and it's not included in the package! WTF???) is that it is based in the east. Japanese idyllic orientalism and all that. Rome/Medevial/Empire....I've played that with Age of Empires and Empire Earth already.

Now, if there was a Shogun mod for one of those games, I'd bite.

Since AVP is a Steamworks title and retail copies can be preordered for cheap as chips in the UK, I can probably help a few of the PC GAF regulars out in getting the game for cheap if you guys want? You might get the game a couple days late but say ~$35 should cover it without me potentially being dicked over by Paypal conversion fees and I'll just send you the CD key as soon as the game is delivered. Thought I'd make the offer since its a potential decent saving and not much hassle for me really and the more GAFers playing the multiplayer the better.

bengraven

Saterium said:
Weekend Deal is up.. Mount & Blade for 4.99

PEOPLE

If you have any interest in:

- Sid Meier's Pirates!
- non-linear RPGs
- medieval combat

You NEED to buy this game. Trust me, I bought it at the end of December and can't pick up prettier games because I'm stuck on it.

bengraven

Wait, I was under the impression CoP would be a $50 "semi-sequel" release, not an expansion priced game?

Not complaining at all since my Stalker is disc-based and I don't think a Steam expansion would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom