• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
bengraven said:
PEOPLE

If you have any interest in:

- Sid Meier's Pirates!
- non-linear RPGs
- medieval combat

You NEED to buy this game. Trust me, I bought it at the end of December and can't pick up prettier games because I'm stuck on it.

Damn you are tempting me, stop talking! oh fine i'll get it, damn you! This deal is just too good to pass on.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just as a heads up, when Mount and Blade clicks, it becomes something akin to cocaine. It's very hard to put down. And even when you hit your lows you will justify continuing playing to rebuild that army once more. It was pretty much all I did on my PC for a solid two weeks last year when it was on sale for 5$ and I gifted like 5 more copies to buddies.

Javaman

LovingSteam said:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/41700/

Call of Pripyat is up. If you already own one of the other STALKER games on Steam its will be $19.99 for you. Other wise its $29.99.

It's good to see that there is a mechanism in place to deduct based on currently owned games. Maybe some of the combo deals will start offering this in the future so people will get a more reasonably priced packages.

Blizzard

Banned
EviLore said:
Woah, $20? I wasn't expecting to pick it up immediately, but at that price, sure.
Yeah, exactly. I had heard decent to good things about the game, but didn't expect it to be amazing. But for that price, I'll get it both because it's a great price for a new PC game and because I'd like to encourage devs/publishers to give sales like that on launch.

By the way, I think the Steam page shows the language as German, which is weird, but presumably it's actually in English when you buy it.

I wasn't interested in Mount and Blade based on the Steam screenshots, but after looking at that mount and blade mods thread, I'll have to consider it or maybe try a demo...

bengraven said:
PEOPLE

- Sid Meier's Pirates!
- non-linear RPGs
- medieval combat

You NEED to buy this game. Trust me, I bought it at the end of December and can't pick up prettier games because I'm stuck on it.

Seconded. Absolutely brilliant game for diving in and role playing a character, whether you want to raid villages, take part in wars, or have your own fiefdom.

DanDeschain said:
Any idea how long the Stalker deal will last? I'm kinda broke till next week, but would love to partake.

crimsonheadGCN said:
For those that are wondering about the length of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat promotion, a Valve employee had the following said:

DerrickG said:
It's not going anywhere unless the partner tells us to take it down. It's never going away as far as we know. :)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13467145&postcount=6

vocab

That stalker deal is nice. I don't own any of the games though :( I'll wait for some deals on the other games. On the fence for Mount & Blade. Someone really needs to sell me on it. Those mod pics look nice, but what about the gameplay? Story?

Blizzard

Banned
vocab said:
That stalker deal is nice. I don't own any of the games though :( I'll wait for some deals on the other games. On the fence for Mount & Blade. Someone really needs to sell me on it. Those mod pics look nice, but what about the gameplay? Story?
I glanced at the mod thread an saw someone saying the game didn't have much of a plot/sense of progression, so I'm guessing it might be primarily a sandbox game. I'd also like to know.

I should try the demo anyway, maybe that will give me a better idea. :)

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
bengraven said:
PEOPLE

- Sid Meier's Pirates!
- non-linear RPGs
- medieval combat

Well I finally remembered that you posted on the Steam GAF page about this game. Bought.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
wait, why are we being rewarded for being loyal customers, i thought this was a video game?

there must be some dlc we're missing out on or something.

Link Man

Banned
Will get Mount and Blade tomorrow (already got Trine and Muramasa: The Demon Blade tonight, can't justify another purchase before tomorrow).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hellsing321 said:
M&B Bought! Now what are good mods for it? Seems like the mod community for it is pretty extensive.

Evilore already pointed you in the right direction

It's like fucking crack that game...

I just wished it was more fully fleshed out. I love the combat and army building aspects of it, and I always wondered what the game would be like with more than 2 people working on it :p

Rahk

Mount and Blade, wooo!

Was waiting for it to go on sale during the holidays, but it didn't. Yet another game for my extensive backlog.

timkunedo

wow first i bought stalker shadow of chernobyl on steam for like 4.99 when it was on sale, now i get call of pripyat for 19.99. Man i love Steam!

firehawk12 said:
Neat. I'd pick it up... but I have to imagine it'll go on sale eventually. Steam has ruined me for buying new games. :lol
I know right. I decided against AudioSurf at $2.50 because it didn't look interesting, even though my friend was telling me how awesome it was. Now I realize how awesome it was and it's $10. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Desaparecido said:
I know right. I decided against AudioSurf at $2.50 because it didn't look interesting, even though my friend was telling me how awesome it was. Now I realize how awesome it was and it's $10. :(

How weird is it? Steam sales create a backlog and the people who spend money every week are least likely to buy games on release/at full price. Oh well. :)

x3sphere

firehawk12 said:
How weird is it? Steam sales create a backlog and the people who spend money every week are least likely to buy games on release/at full price. Oh well. :)

It's a brilliant marketing strategy :D

kamspy

All my STALKERs are retail.

Can a friend gifts me Call of Pripyat for $19.99 if they own a steam stalker?

Does that work?

I WANT IT NOW AND IF I DON'T GET A DEAL SOON I'M GONNA SUCK IT UP AND PAY $30.FUXK

Someone help plz.

Kritz

Banned
I do not have either STALKER game on my steam account. But I have gifted STALKER to friends back when it was like, a dollar. I also own retail copies of both games.

I can add the loyalty thing to my cart. Does this mean I can buy it, or will it error my ass when checking out?

EDIT: Can't buy the loyalty thing unless you actually have it in your steam list. I don't care, $30 for CoP is still a fucking quarter of the price it'd cost at retail in AUS.

Diablohead said:
It's not too bad, snipers might have an edge with the mouse but how the game works doesn't mean kb&m wins, plus it's tons of fun even if you get juggled by a pro :lol

I play my pc copy with a 360 pad as I prefer it.

Awesome!

So there are people still playing then?

Cool, just saw the STALKER promo. Isn't CoP pretty much considered the best entry of the series at this point?
Was gonna buy it and pass on Clear Sky...

mileS

I avoided Mount & Blade because of the name and some of the screens I've seen of it but after checking out the pics from that mod I'll gladly buy it for $4.99. Looking forward to playing.

What's the word on STALKER COP? I played through the original game last month and loved everything up till the last two 'levels'. Is Pripryat as open as the beginning of SOC?

I'll buy mount and blade btw.

Dragmire

Got Mount and Blade and immediately installed the mods. I think I'll have a lot of fun with this one and it looks good. But for some reason wooden things don't have a texture (bridges, some doors and buildings). They appear as white. Gotta find some way to fix that.

But thanks Evilore and everyone recommending it. :)

Zinga

Banned
Isn't a sequel to Mount and Blade coming out that makes it a far better game? really dont wanna buy the original if something better comes out soon :p

TheExodu5

Banned
Fallout-NL said:
What's the word on STALKER COP? I played through the original game last month and loved everything up till the last two 'levels'. Is Pripryat as open as the beginning of SOC?

I'll buy mount and blade btw.

Seems like it so far. It just drops you into a big world.

Daigoro

Javaman said:
It's good to see that there is a mechanism in place to deduct based on currently owned games. Maybe some of the combo deals will start offering this in the future so people will get a more reasonably priced packages.

yeah thats why the STALKER ownership check had been sitting in our tools section in steam for the last week or so.

people were freaking out over it on the Steam forums last week wondering what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom