• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda21

looking at that M&B thread it sounds like everyone is saying it sucks, but its awesome. i'm confused. do you need a mod to make the rpg/story stuff fun? if the rpg and story elements suck then what am i supposed to be doing to enjoy it?

Easy_D said:
That's a weird deal, why would they do that?
To push more sales I guess, they know lots of people would have brought the older games in the sales and they might be more tempted to grab the new game at a reduced rate, rather good imo.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Easy_D said:

To reward people who are loyal to the brand. I own the first Stalker on disc and both games on Steam, so getting 10$ off the latest entry is a nice reward that I appreciate as I am going to pick up Call of Pripyat.

Median

Easy_D said:

It's also a pretty good way to get people who picked up one of the other STALKERs for a couple bucks to buy into the new one. I probably wouldn't have bought the game at $30, but at $20 why not?

Salacious Crumb

Im having a really annoying problem with my steam version of STALKER SoC. Basically the game loads the main menu fine, but when I start a new game the loading screen comes up and the game CTD on me before it gets past the "prefetching objects" part.

What Im running
X3 720
2 HD4870
4 GB RAM
Win7 64

Things I've tried so far.

Disabling crossfire.
Running as admin.
Running XP compatibility mode.
Installing complete 2009.

after those things did nothing I re-installed my disc version to see if it was some sort of driver issue, And the game loaded perfectly fine, even without any patches.

So whats the deal, is this a known issue?

panda21

Easy_D said:

i think thats a really nice gesture. its like, hey we appreciate all you guys who are into our stuff, thanks for buying the last games. given that there seems to be a fairly big and awesome community behind these games (stalker complete 2009) its nice that they recognise this.

it certainly helps the dev's come across as someone who you would trust to keep supporting the fan base.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
panda21 said:
i think thats a really nice gesture. its like, hey we appreciate all you guys who are into our stuff, thanks for buying the last games. given that there seems to be a fairly big and awesome community behind these games (stalker complete 2009) its nice that they recognise this.

it certainly helps the dev's come across as someone who you would trust to keep supporting the fan base.

Wow, I just noticed this. Now this is the future of loyalty programs. Sort of like Nintendo Club, but you actually get something useful.

I must say, if this was Valve's idea, this is brilliant marketing for the game AND for Steam.

Volcynika

Even a PR about M&B mentions the sale, should get some people out there to notice

NEW YORK - February 12, 2010
In anticipation of Valentine's Day, Paradox Interactive presents a special developer interview for all you "lovers" out there of Mount & Blade: Warband.

The multiplayer sequel to 2008's Mount & Blade will incorporate new gameplay based on marriage, in addition to intense 64 player combat on horseback, into the action-RPG that is set to release in March of 2010.

Join Armagan Yavuz, Lead Developer at Taleworlds Entertainment, as he takes players through the new marriage features in Mount & Blade: Warband during the Paradox Interactive Convention.

"It's a very important aspect of real life and we wanted to translate that into the game," says Armagan, as he speaks on romance in the title. "It's a different kind of challenge."

View the complete interview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZacSv_JNCao

Mount & Blade: Warband will be available in the US and via digital distribution on March 30th, 2010.

Mount & Blade: Warband Game Features:

• Multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege.
• Seek adventure alone, or recruit and train an army fit for a king. You and your companions will gain experience and skills while your soldiers evolve into a deadly fighting force.
• State-of-the-art rendering technologies combine with a more informative interface, allowing new and advanced players alike to enjoy an unprecedented level of immersion.
• The ability to marry a lady of the realm for romance or cold political gain. Try to win a lady’s heart through poetry or bravery.

For more information visit: www.paradoxplaza.com/games/mount-blade-warband

The original Mount & Blade game is currently enjoying a 85%-off sale on Steam until the 15th of February

Jonsend

Bought Stalker but it's not showing up in my list (tried restarting steam etc) :S

I bought the cheaper version as I have the first one.

Volcynika

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17570

A free Source MOD by the PVKII Team, Pirates, Vikings, and Knights II, is now available on Steam!

Pirates, Vikings and Knights II pits three teams against each other in a struggle for wealth, power and total domination. The game features many different game modes including Territory, where players fight to control key locations in the map; Holy Grail, where players seek to hold the holy trinket and use its powers against the other teams; Booty, where players fight to capture and hold chests of treasure; and more.

I've heard that if you buy a pack and you already have games from the pack, you can't gift them. I already bought CoH during the sale. Will I be able to gift those if I buy the THQ complete pack?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Desaparecido said:
I've heard that if you buy a pack and you already have games from the pack, you can't gift them. I already bought CoH during the sale. Will I be able to gift those if I buy the THQ complete pack?
NO you won't. End of story.:)
Anyway, that's easily the best deal that's been on steam. Anyone who missed it during the black friday sale should buy it here.:)

ah the extra copies list was already posted. it's really annoying, for most titles it will just overwrite what you already own.

Kuro Madoushi said:
and I always wondered what the game would be like with more than 2 people working on it :p
they did team up for the real version of m&b that they released there. but yeah. warband will be interesting, the beta is completely counterstrike but I wonder if there's more of a co-op style m&b1 thing in there aswell. maybe I should actually look this up now. hehe

graywolf323 said:
isn't there some expansion for Sacred 2 that hasn't been brought to North America yet?
ice&blood isn't out in the us? it's a great expansion. but almost unplayable on win7. tons of crash bugs and securom problems, it's possible to get it working https://support.securom.com/pop_sacred2.html but quite annoying. worth getting if you've got a vista machine

Mrbob

Poor Impulse, service can't catch a break.

The THQ pack was added to impulse a couple days ago for $99.99, and it doesn't include DoW2. Now the THQ pack on steam, which has more games in it, is half price. The impulse package wasn't as good in the first place, and now it looks really poor by comparison.

NIN90

Is somebody kind enough to gift me Mount & Blade? :lol
I'll gift you something of the same amount in return later down the road.

I have 0.48€ on my bank account right now. ;(

Volcynika

NIN90 said:
Is somebody kind enough to gift me Mount & Blade? :lol
I'll gift you something of the same amount in return later down the road.

I have 0.48€ on my bank account right now. ;(

Add me on Steam. Procynika.

Mrbob said:

The THQ pack was added to impulse a couple days ago for $99.99, and it doesn't include DoW2. Now the THQ pack on steam, which has more games in it, is half price. The impulse package wasn't as good in the first place, and now it looks really poor by comparison.
Lol sad indeed.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Mrbob said:

Wow, just wow :lol

That THQ pack is a great deal (assuming you don't have too many of the games already):
-The full Company of Heroes line-up
-The full Red Faction line-up
-The full Warhammer line-up
-The full Full Spectrum warrior line-up

And some other random decent games (Saint's Row 2, Frontlines: Fuel of War, and STALKER)

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2539/

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Speaking of other services, for those that are interested D2D is having a valentines day sale, including Fallout GOTY edition for $25.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been eyeing up the THQ pack for the last week thinking "ugghhhhh... I would spend $100 alone on the War40K pack and CoH pack together".

fucking bought... I'll ask for the wife's permission later. kind of sucks though that I can't at least gift the redundant copies of Titan Quest.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
speculawyer said:
That THQ pack is a great deal (assuming you don't have too many of the games already):
-The full Company of Heroes line-up
-The full Red Faction line-up
-The full Warhammer line-up
-The full Full Spectrum warrior line-up

And some other random decent games (Saint's Row 2, Frontlines: Fuel of War, and STALKER)

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2539/
Saint's Row 2 is shit on PC though.

panda21

poppabk said:
Speaking of other services, for those that are interested D2D is having a valentines day sale, including Fallout GOTY edition for $25.

they also have europa universalis III complete for £6.50 (its £25 on steam)

how much does d2d suck? i've never used it before

Volcynika

borghe said:
does that version of STALKER qualify for the $20 version of CoP?

Loyalty Promo grants a discount off Call of Pripyat if you already own the Steam Version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. Please note that you need to have Clear Sky or Shadow of Chernobyl registered to your Steam account before purchasing Call of Pripyat to receive the discounted price

As long as it's on your Steam acct, you get the discount.

Dennis

Banned
wmat said:
Saint's Row 2 is shit on PC though.
No, not necessarily. I got it on PC and enjoyed it immensly. Fun and doesn't take it self too seriously.

However, for acceptable performance you may need a quadcore and a decent GPU.

poppabk

panda21 said:
they also have europa universalis III complete for £6.50 (its £25 on steam)

how much does d2d suck? i've never used it before
Its no steam that is for sure, you generally get a download of an iso equivalent which you can then install from. It works but it is not very elegant and updates/patches etc are manual rather than automatic. They now have there own 'powered by gamespy' client so I don't know if things have changed.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
DennisK4 said:
No, not necessarily. I got it on PC and enjoyed it immensly. Fun and doesn't take it self too seriously.

However, for acceptable performance you may need a quadcore and a decent GPU.
I have a quadcore and a decent GPU. The game hiccups ever 200m or so. Crashes with some graphics settings. Cars get stuck in the road and oscillate.

Worst impulse buy on Steam I made ever.

panda21

poppabk said:
Its no steam that is for sure, you generally get a download of an iso equivalent which you can then install from. It works but it is not very elegant and updates/patches etc are manual rather than automatic. They now have there own 'powered by gamespy' client so I don't know if things have changed.

can you just by it from d2d and then register it (the cd key?) to steam? :lol i'm guessing no but that would be awesome

poppabk

panda21 said:
can you just by it from d2d and then register it (the cd key?) to steam? :lol i'm guessing no but that would be awesome
Only for the games like Saints Row 2 that steam allows you to register a retail key for.

Narag

Man, I'd be all over that THQ pack if i hadn't bought stalker, company of heroes, and titan quest already. Back to holding out for a great dawn of war sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom