• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was 30+ for me earlier too

But I am logged in right now and only 3 servers are showing, the official ones might be rebooting or preparing for this weekend, maybe?

Zinga

Banned
Hi SteamGAF, what's the verdict on the Shadowgrounds pack? I love sci-fi and top down shooters, so two games for a fiver isn't bad value :D

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
LEGO® Indiana Jones™ 2: The Adventure Continues Now Available
February 18, 2010, 9:20 am - Valve - Product Release
LEGO® Indiana Jones™ 2: The Adventure Continues is now available on Steam!

Battle through all four movies, including all-new levels from the original adventures and your favorite new moments from The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull... or in true LEGO® fashion, get creative and build your own levels to play with friends!

Vancouver 2010™ Now Available
February 18, 2010, 11:11 am - Valve - Product Release
The Official Video Game of the Olympic Winter Games is now available on Steam. Vancouver 2010™ delivers the adrenaline, danger and glory of the world's greatest winter multisport event, including 14 premium events. Experience the thrill of giant slalom, snowboard cross, downhill, bobsleigh events and more!

Blizzard

Banned
Shard said:
LEGO® Indiana Jones™ 2: The Adventure Continues Now Available
February 18, 2010, 9:20 am - Valve - Product Release
LEGO® Indiana Jones™ 2: The Adventure Continues is now available on Steam!

Battle through all four movies, including all-new levels from the original adventures and your favorite new moments from The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull... or in true LEGO® fashion, get creative and build your own levels to play with friends!

Vancouver 2010™ Now Available
February 18, 2010, 11:11 am - Valve - Product Release
The Official Video Game of the Olympic Winter Games is now available on Steam. Vancouver 2010™ delivers the adrenaline, danger and glory of the world's greatest winter multisport event, including 14 premium events. Experience the thrill of giant slalom, snowboard cross, downhill, bobsleigh events and more!

Wow, I hadn't heard about building your own levels in that game. I assume it's only local co-op, but I wonder how complex the editor is.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm assuming it just shows up in your Steam Game list with a (3 days left) counter beside it. But I own the game, so can't confirm. That's normally how it works though.

Struct09

Lyphen said:
I'm assuming it just shows up in your Steam Game list with a (3 days left) counter beside it. But I own the game, so can't confirm. That's normally how it works though.

Had to restart Steam to see it, but yep - it's there with 2.7 days left.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Metalic Sand said:
Hmm my SH seems to be having trouble finding servers. Just sits at scanning servers. Free weekend is killing it? :lol
Try restarting, I was just on and there were tons of servers.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have an opinion on Metro 2033?

I saw a banner ad on Steam and it looks really impressive and the story sounds interesting but I've never heard of it before (can't find anything on gaf, search doesn't work)

Doytch

D4Danger said:

I saw a banner ad on Steam and it looks really impressive and the story sounds interesting but I've never heard of it before (which is normally a bad sign)
Was unveiled a few weeks back. Looks really great, there's a bunch of previews out inc. RPS and (I think) Eurogamer. Also a thread kicking around on these forums.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
D4Danger said:

I saw a banner ad on Steam and it looks really impressive and the story sounds interesting but I've never heard of it before (can't find anything on gaf, search doesn't work)

Check this thread for lots of info about the game. From what i have read the game is similar to the stalker games in setting but the experience is much more linear and scripted.

EDIT: damn beaten :/

kuYuri

The news that Metro 2033 supports Steamworks has me really wanting it now. Wish there was a demo, but still... I'm starting to look forward to this now.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Strider2K99 said:
The news that Metro 2033 supports Steamworks has me really wanting it now. Wish there was a demo, but still... I'm starting to look forward to this now.

I was excited to hear this as well, now I can hop on any deals I see for it in stores.

bananaman1234

Unconfirmed Member
So it turns out someone has compromised my steam account. Apparently they had access to my email as they were able to change the email linked to the account so I couldn't reset the password. I opened a ticket with steam involving the issue.

I have no idea how this could've happened. I'm always careful when I'm browsing online and I have up to date anti-virus software (which did detect one virus). Anyone else have this happen to them? What are the chances of getting my steam account back?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
isoku said:
So it turns out someone has compromised my steam account. Apparently they had access to my email as they were able to change the email linked to the account so I couldn't reset the password. I opened a ticket with steam involving the issue.

I have no idea how this could've happened. I'm always careful when I'm browsing online and I have up to date anti-virus software (which did detect one virus). Anyone else have this happen to them? What are the chances of getting my steam account back?
If you are compromised that bad, my first thought would be banking information rather than steam, but good luck, hopefully you can prove to steam that you are who you say you are.

Thomper

isoku said:

Depends on what games you have on your Steam-account. If you happen to have a retail-version of one of Valve's games (Orange Box, Left 4 Dead, etc) it's usually possible to send them a picture of the serial key of your copy of the game, and they can verify the same serial key is used in that account.

epmode

I've heard that Vave will also accept copies of email receipts from previous purchases.

Hopefully you haven't been VAC banned :(

bananaman1234

Unconfirmed Member
poppabk said:
If you are compromised that bad, my first thought would be banking information rather than steam, but good luck, hopefully you can prove to steam that you are who you say you are.

They didn't touch my bank/paypal accounts, which I found strange. I changed all my passwords just in case though.

Nabs

GoldenEye: Source Beta 4 is going to be released in a few hrs (5pm EST). More maps, characters, weapons, and modes. Should be a nice update.

Cru Jones

isoku said:

If you usually use the same password for everything, it is always a good idea to have separate password for your email. The reason being that if you sign up for a website and you have to enter your email address when you sign up, they could easily access your email account if you are using the same password for that website.

benita

Banned
I've been having a problem lately with my Steam client being laggy and buggy as fuck. I reinstalled and i've also installed on a fresh XP installation.

The main problems are in the 'Games' tab where right-clicking to start/stop dl's etc takes forever and my cpu usage jumps to about 60% when I try to do anything.

An example of a bug i'm experiencing right this moment. The Batman:AA demo says it's 100% complete but it's been downloading at 200kb/s for the past 5 minutes.

I've googled around and there doesn't seem to be any known bug with my hardware (HD4850, E4300cpu) or the client itself so I don't know what the hell is going on.

wmat said:
I'm not talking about reviews. I'm talking about opinions from millions of people who actually still play the game.

Review scores don't mean anything to me.

why would they still be playing the game where all you can do is go on dates with your cousin or shoot pigeons.

gta made a name for itself on "open world with cool shit to do", and then we get gta4. talk about blue balled

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
ZombieSupaStar said:
why would they still be playing the game where all you can do is go on dates with your cousin or shoot pigeons.

gta made a name for itself on "open world with cool shit to do", and then we get gta4. talk about blue balled
So I take it you didn't actually play the game.

b.e.r.g

Quick Steam question:

A mate is coming over tomorrow to play some L4D. He tried to by it retail, but couldn't find it. So now he has to download it at my place, which I assume will take hours! Is there any way to avoid this? After all I have to game files on my computer, can you use the "backup local files" to transfer a game between accounts like that? Anyone tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom