• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leatherface

LovingSteam said:
Well folks Ubi has officially made it so I will not buy anymore of their games, even on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/33230/

A PERMANENT HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES AND TO UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. SUCH CONTENT MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED ONE SINGLE TIME WITH A UNIQUE KEY. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UBISOFT ACCOUNT WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED AT http://assassinscreed.com

Bravo Ubi, bravo!

BTW, Ass Creed 2 is up for $59.95 pre purchase and so is Supreme Commander for $44.95.

Thanks for the heads up. All set with that BS. UBI= BANNED

panda21

LovingSteam said:
Well folks Ubi has officially made it so I will not buy anymore of their games, even on Steam.

A PERMANENT HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES AND TO UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. SUCH CONTENT MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED ONE SINGLE TIME WITH A UNIQUE KEY. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UBISOFT ACCOUNT WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED AT http://assassinscreed.com

Bravo Ubi, bravo!

BTW, Ass Creed 2 is up for $59.95 pre purchase and so is Supreme Commander for $44.95.

that sounds kind of bitchy :lol

do you get anything free with supreme commander pre purchase?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED AT http://assassinscreed.com

i don't wanna hear anyone bitch about this. the game's only 20 hours long, if you can't find 20 hours in a month to finish a game, you should probably just go ahead and find another hobby.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
ghst said:
i don't wanna hear anyone bitch about this. the game's only 20 hours long, if you can't find 20 hours in a month to finish a game, you should probably just go ahead and find another hobby.

That's not really the point.

ghst said:
ghst
thanks for the laugh
(Today, 02:41 PM)
Reply | Quote

NIN90

sarcasm_detector.jpg

Fredescu

Fragamemnon said:
More talk about that sweet-ass Star Wolves 3 preorder deal. Definitely going in on that one since I missed the first two games.
Is it just me or is the description poorly worded?

"About the Game

Large-scale battles have become a vestige of the past, depleting resources of conflicting parties. Settled space, where welfare and order had reigned, has become a cemetery for dead ships which is flooded with pirates and adventurists. Complete impunity, black market flourishing where gun and tech trade is on the move, arbitrariness and anarchy – the Galaxy has become a real dangerous place. Events in the Universe and its habitant’s destiny are completely up to player’s choice and tactical decisions.

Star Wolves 3: Civil War is a sequel to the popular real time strategy with RPG elements. Original large-scale scenario, closely tied with the first part of intergalactic epic helps the player influence the ongoing events and foreordain one of many endings. Free roam, free mission selection, free team forming – the world of Star Wolves waits for its heroes."

LovingSteam said:

Bravo Ubi, bravo!

:lol :lol :lol :lol They did it, they actually did it.

Fucking idiots. :lol

I almost think valve should be ashamed for selling such filth.

Ugh just found out Star Wolves 2 won't work with Windows 7. Will take a wait and see with SW3, then. :/

Going to be rolling around in WW2 strategy games this week + Anno 1404 again anyway.

TouchMyBox said:

Agreed. What I am amazed at are the people who are defending Ubi. Perhaps not DEFENDING them but arguing that its not that big of a deal. This isn't TAGES, this isn't a limited amount of activations, this is needing a continual connection just to play a single player game.

Fredescu said:
Is it just me or is the description poorly worded?

"About the Game

Large-scale battles have become a vestige of the past, depleting resources of conflicting parties. Settled space, where welfare and order had reigned, has become a cemetery for dead ships which is flooded with pirates and adventurists. Complete impunity, black market flourishing where gun and tech trade is on the move, arbitrariness and anarchy – the Galaxy has become a real dangerous place. Events in the Universe and its habitant’s destiny are completely up to player’s choice and tactical decisions.

Star Wolves 3: Civil War is a sequel to the popular real time strategy with RPG elements. Original large-scale scenario, closely tied with the first part of intergalactic epic helps the player influence the ongoing events and foreordain one of many endings. Free roam, free mission selection, free team forming – the world of Star Wolves waits for its heroes."

Is this even remotely similar to homeworld? 'Cause if it is, count me in.

Apparently the last game (Star Wolves 2) was bad, the first game was OK, and neither run on Windows 7. I haven't played them yet but find the idea of an open world space RTS with crew management and stuff appealing.

Then again, maybe it's me jonesing for another play of X3.

ghst said:

That's not really the point of not being able to play a SP game at all.

And on the other hand, maybe others do have other things going on in their lives. I love gaming and would consider it one of my biggest hobbies but I usually don't have 20 hours to finish a game in a month; especially if I'm playing other games as well. I picked up AC2 around Christmas and I'm still playing through it.

VGChampion said:
That's not really the point of not being able to play a SP game at all.

And on the other hand, maybe others do have other things going on in their lives. I love gaming and would consider it one of my biggest hobbies but I usually don't have 20 hours to finish a game in a month; especially if I'm playing other games as well. I picked up AC2 around Christmas and I'm still playing through it.

I thought all of PC-gaf knew who ghst was...

kamspy

I hope some Gaffers test drive AC2 on PC so I can get some impressions of the DRM. Still holding out fools hope for a playable Splinter Cell Conviction PC game.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
kamspy said:
I hope some Gaffers test drive AC2 on PC so I can get some impressions of the DRM. Still holding out fools hope for a playable Splinter Cell Conviction PC game.
There's no need for a test drive. They tell you how it is - internet off, game off. What else do you need to know?

kamspy

wmat said:
There's no need for a test drive. They tell you how it is - internet off, game off. What else do you need to know?

I'm hoping the eventual backlash will make them rethink how strict that specific policy is. Wouldn't be anywhere near the first time a game had DRM patched out or dialed down post release. Hoping the reign it back to a check every time you boot the game. I'd have no problem with that. I'm never offline. If I happen to be, I'm probably not PC gaming at the time anyways. I still won't buy either if I can get dropped from SP if my internet just stutters a bit.

I'm sure the Ubi forums will be filled with angry mobs for a while. You know who really loses here? The people who's job it is to moderate the Ubi forums.:p I'm sure they can't do anything to get anything fixed, but they'll be blamed for everything. I wonder if they're actively dreading the game's release. Gonna suck for Steam mods too. The refund threads will be in the double digits per page.

epmode

No sale for me. And I really wanted it. Sames goes for Splinter Cell, although the lack of spies vs. mercs certainly didn't help its chances.

kamspy said:
I'm hoping the eventual backlash will make them rethink how strict that specific policy is. Wouldn't be anywhere near the first time a game had DRM patched out or dialed down post release. Hoping the reign it back to a check every time you boot the game. I'd have no problem with that. I'm never offline. If I happen to be, I'm probably not PC gaming at the time anyways. I still won't buy either if I can get dropped from SP if my internet just stutters a bit.

I'm sure the Ubi forums will be filled with angry mobs for a while. You know who really loses here? The people who's job it is to moderate the Ubi forums.:p I'm sure they can't do anything to get anything fixed, but they'll be blamed for everything. I wonder if they're actively dreading the game's release. Gonna suck for Steam mods too. The refund threads will be in the double digits per page.

I'm with you buddy...

*Looks at steam top sellers list*

Fuuuuuuu--

poweld

What a total let-down. I've been ignoring great 360/PS3 deals, figuring this would start at 50 (or maybe even 40 for how long after initial release), but damn! 60 bones?

Oh well, I'll just wait it out till its < $30. GL, Ubisoft! :lol

edit: didn't even see the bit about the DRM. Oh Boy.

Fredescu

psy18 said:
Wtf is this shit? Single player MMO?
If it were a single player MMO at least your saves would be real time. This is much worse. I can't believe they chose a checkpoint based game as the first title to use this.

crimsonheadGCN said:
So Gridrunner Revolution is on Steam right now. Is it any good?

I'd recommend waiting a little while, Llamasoft sell both it and Space Giraffe in a bundle for $15 and iirc, they mentioned about putting a similar deal up on Steam. So, I'd give it a few days at least, either that or buy it direct from Llamasoft.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
TouchMyBox said:
I'm with you buddy...

*Looks at steam top sellers list*

Fuuuuuuu--

the list seems to get updated every couple of hours, it's gone already.

supcom2 doing well though.

Psy-Phi

Glad to see SupCom looking like it's doing well. Hope this one runs better than the last one :p (very CPU intensive). I just put in a pre-order at Gamestop because of some credit I had after learning that it was using Steamworks. I'll be irritated if it some how doesn't register online with Steam, but I got it for 32 dollars so I'll take it :p.

AC2 being on that list so high makes me a sad person though. Like the rest of you, I hope that there's a big backlash when people use it and problems begin happening.

Blizzard

Banned
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I like Prince of Persia games, but I shall try to be careful if I consider purchasing Ubisoft games in the future. :(

And LovingSteam, did you just say that offline mode doesn't work in the latest Steam client? I'm assuming that's just a bug?

Blizzard said:
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I like Prince of Persia games, but I shall try to be careful if I consider purchasing Ubisoft games in the future. :(

And LovingSteam, did you just say that offline mode doesn't work in the latest Steam client? I'm assuming that's just a bug?

Yea. A mod on the forums said Valve is aware of the problem and will issue a fix soon.

TouchMyBox said:

It'll sell and we will all see who the idiots are (on our friendlist).

Danneee

Phife Dawg said:
It'll sell and we will all see who the idiots are (on our friendlist).

Yep, though I feel sorry for the people buying it and discovering the problems with this type of DRM only after spending a fair amount of money.

Ubi seems determined to find an excuse to drop making PC versions. Release the game at a high price, months later, and with Draconian DRM. That is a DOA game.

I agree with everything said here about Ubisoft's new DRM. I'm still buying AC2 on PC, though. I loved the game on PS3, and I'm more than willing to double dip on it for the glorious framerate and lack of tearing that the PC version will give me. I don't normally notice those things, but the PS3 version actually gave me headaches. I realise I'm a corporate schill, but hopefully enough people who aren't me will boycott it for Ubisoft to get the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom