• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf323

it actually doesn't appear to be live yet though

I tried to opt in but Steam says there are no currently active betas (even after I restarted Steam)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I like how someone was asking if you could hide the games you bought from showing on your friends feeds, and now they show on the main store page.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The ONLY issue i wanted added was being able to tab the webbrowser ingame

Otherwise its just so so awesome

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Lol, new beta looks nice but when you right click the taskbar icon it crashes.

Edit: Actually, trying to access anything makes it crash :lol

Edit #2: Now it actually works but the menus that pop up display no text. I wonder if I restart it a few more times it'll work better :D

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
darkpaladinmfc said:
It shows HL2 + Ep1 achievements, maybe Valve is going to patch them in?
They've been on Steam for months now, if you download the Steam Achievement Manager to can get them.

Overlay now shows the length of your current session :lol

Anyone else unable to load any of the pages? I'm talking about the Store and Community stuff?

Games list is fucking awesome looking, gonna categorise the hell out of my games now. :lol

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Well, I managed to start it and it's stable, for now, still not displaying any text in the menus though :lol

Insured

Just bought History of Hammerfight (at 3,5 euros, 50% off now). I'd never heard of it before but I looked at the screenshots, it seemed quite interesting, I googled up a couple reviews and decided to try it out. Been enjoying the hell out of it for hours now, highly recommended and a steal at that price!

ghst

thanks for the laugh
hammerfight.

you use circular mouse motions to swing a giant wrecking ball/hammer around your cantankerous steampunk flying machine, in order to smash it into other cantankerous flying machines to the cheers of some balls insane eastern european steampunk kingdom.

some shit goes off, and you are charged with using your skills to protect an escaping fleet of airships against an attack force of enemy airships and little buzzy iron things, swinging your shit into them to tear their craft apart piece by piece and send them plummeting.

i'm like, 4 levels in. this is great time. the rotary physics, wanton destruction and general steam punk insanity of it all makes it an easy £2.50.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hammerfight looks interesting, but it's a little hard to tell what kind of game it is from the screenshots on the Store. :lol

Plaguefox

Diggin' this stuff so far!

I like the usability improvements but they need to tone down the styling a bit. It's a diagonally ruled gradient glowfest. Basically take every skinning aspect they've done so far and just tone it down a little bit. Subtlety goes a long way.

Twig

Banned
holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

what an improvement

Also why does Opposing Force have five cheesemints. Except it doesn't actually show them, it just has that little pre-loading "+5" icon.

Also also I have no qualms with the way it looks (but hope they update the Community to fit it soon), but you guys realize there will be skins in the future to fix what you don't like, right?

Twig

Banned
kai3345 said:
Custom Categories?

If so, how?
In the games list, right click a game, Edit Categories, then at the top use the drop-down menu to select which category you want displayed.

Rad. Maximum.

RAXIMUM.

kai3345

Banned
It would be nice if we could import pics to use as our large icon things for non steam games, the desktop icon inside of a big grey box is a bit ugly

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Roofy said:
i bought a 4 pack and have one left over. first to PM gets it

Free?

Aw shit, ignored the PM part. Probably someone else grabbed it :lol

Blizzard

Banned
Wings of Prey looked like it had really good graphics...but 3-install limit without contacting the company? No thanks, I'm just about to install a new OS and have been considering new hardware. o_O

JaseC said:
Hammerfight looks interesting, but it's a little hard to tell what kind of game it is from the screenshots on the Store. :lol

It is a completely physics based airship game, where you fly around a little airship with a giant mace/hammer/sword/etc. and you need to swing them around to cause other things damage. It is rather fun, and worth the five dollars. I think there is a demo if you don`t take my word for it.

Roofy

TheShampion said:
It is a completely physics based airship game, where you fly around a little airship with a giant mace/hammer/sword/etc. and you need to swing them around to cause other things damage. It is rather fun, and worth the five dollars. I think there is a demo if you don`t take my word for it.

damn you,

between everyone recommending these games and steam offering great prices, im going to go broke extremely fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom