• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting errors trying to boot my games and demos. "This game is not available at this time." WTF? Its on my hard drive dammit!

Why does this happen and how can i fix it?

MrMister said:
I just bought the pre-order for Bad Company 2, and I heard about the 'day one DLC' that EA is offering, will I still get the code for the DLC somehow even though it's not the retail version?
I was wondering the same thing, I hope so

Gearbox Employee said:
That's correct; the activation limit is not present in the Steam version of General Knoxx. I do not know if we will be able to apply this to the previous DLCs, but Knoxx does not contain it on Steam. There was a large amount of response to this, and we took steps to address the concern

Nice to see that I was able to contribute to some successful bitching.

Feel free to buy it people. :D

Stallion Free said:
Yeah, it's just a code that gets treated as DLC under the game download on Steam. Check out Mass Effect 2 for an example of how it will work.

I'm certain I read that none of these shenanigans are happening on PC and all people will get all maps.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TouchMyBox said:
I'm certain I read that none of these shenanigans are happening on PC and all people will get all maps.

If it does happen, that's how it will work. Every copy of Mass Effect 2 PC was a new copy and all users got the Cerberus Day 1 content, but they still used that system.

coopolon

Was not impressed enough with Spellforce to buy it. Maybe if I had no games to play and was trying to save a penny, but with such a massive backlog at this time, the demo didn't convince me.

It has a neat concept though, kind of Neverwinter Nights (and comparable graphics) meets Warcraft 3. Voice Acting is awful, I think they may have actually just hired a sixth grade class somewhere. It's to the point where it was actually detracting from the experience, just text would have been much preferable.

Macmanus

I thought Spellforce was good enough to warrant a purchase, but who knows when I'll actually get around to playing it.

I really want to see a half off 1C's collection. I'd drop $35 for a bunch of mediocre but fun games and a few good ones.

Owzers

I tried the spellforce demo but am not sure if i liked it. I had a hard time jumping into the control configuration since this is mostly my first time playing an rpg/strategy game like this on my PC. I did like being able to click on the minimap there and go to wherever it is you click, but i kept losing control of my main character and by the time i figured out what i was supposed to do ( build an orc army...i think) and how exactly that worked, i got bum rushed and decimated by the enemy.

Althane

So the general consensus on all the Spellforce games is to not bother?

Well, that's some money saved by lookin' at GAF first. =P

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Althane said:
So the general consensus on all the Spellforce games is to not bother?

Well, that's some money saved by lookin' at GAF first. =P

Again, Spellforce 2 is really awesome.

Welp, here comes the first MAJOR issue with the beta, magically disappearing games from the sweet new games list.

Check your lists people, I'm missing several games, both not installed and currently residing in my steamapps folder. Only noticed when I wanted to check out the new ArmaII update.

By the way, it seems like Gearbox has realized that placing SecuROM on the Steam version of the DLC was a bad idea and the latest DLC does not have it. It also looks like they are thinking about removing it for previous DLC on Steam.

Blizzard

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
I keep getting errors trying to boot my games and demos. "This game is not available at this time." WTF? Its on my hard drive dammit!

Why does this happen and how can i fix it?
Maybe overloaded Steam servers. It's unfortunate and I don't know a way to fix it, but it doesn't happen often to me...

Firehead

Got Spellforce 2: Gold Edition and the Space Giraffe/Gridrunner pack for this weekend.
Was kinda hoping Anno 1404 would be this weekend's deal. Perhaps next week, 'eh?

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
firehawk12 said:
Anyone try that Hammerflight game that's on sale?

I tried the demo but didn't get into it, either I'm lazy or the swirly mouse mechanic is too fiddly. It's not a big download though so try it out for yourself.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Spellforce sucks

Don't get it. Much better games worth your money.

But not much in the same genre.

And to be honest, to say it sucks pretty much means you haven't played it enough. The games vary from around 75-85% rating on review sites.

Danneee said:
D2D is having a sale on thier Best of Indie Bundle 3 wich contains:
World of Goo
Puzzlegeddon
Gish
The Maw
Cogs
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! — A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
Braid
Osmos
Machinarium
Crayon Physics Deluxe

€22 is a fantastic price imho!

http://www.direct2drive.eu/9237/product/Buy-Best-of-Indie-Bundle-Vol.-3-Download

edit: yeah I know, not a Steam deal but I cant post new threads yet and this seemed to be an appropriate thread for it.
Not that I really care that you posted it here but there's a thread for digital distribution deals in general.

GAF's thread for Digital Distribution Deals

Javaman

If any of you are having problems with VAC connection timing out, opt out of the beta. I had that same problem and couldn't play TF2 for more then a couple of minutes with the beta. :(
Going back to the original fixed it like a champ.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Danneee said:
Thanks a bunch! I had totally forgot about that thread and I have yet to find a search function here, moving the post there anyway.
Google.com Site search.
site:neogaf.com

Nabs

Gexecuter said:
Hey Toki tori got updated with a rewind feature :D Now that's what i call awesome support for a 5 dollar game!
sheeeiit. ive been meaning to pick it up on pc. such a great game.

vocab

I bought it fine. Hopefully I don't get screwed on conversion fees or something dumb like that. Any idea what this bonus key is? I entered that on steam, and it didn't work. The regular key works though.

vocab said:
I bought it fine. Hopefully I don't get screwed on conversion fees or something dumb like that. Any idea what this bonus key is? I entered that on steam, and it didn't work. The regular key works though.

If it's an armour set or something along those lines you'll probably have to use it on THQs wesbite. I got something like that when I bought the game last year.

£5 beans! shiiiiiit good time to grab it. I missed out on some £9 deal from play.com a while back and found the demo rather fun.

*edit* bought via paypal, had a receipt email but just waiting for that code now... (found it in spam folder :p)

Just noticed that the install is only 2.7gig, very nice size compared to my other 10+gig installs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom