• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Yazus said:
It seems its like an FPS. Great... I like single player RPG/FPS like Bioshock etc. Well... I'm gonna buy it :lol
You won't regret it. If you want it to play more like a pure FPS, be the soldier class for all your run-and-gun needs. Pick any of the other classes and you will need to take a more considered, tactical approach to a lot of the combat (and be prepared to die a few times at key encounters before you devise a winning strategy), but it's ultimately very rewarding because of it. I personally recommend the infiltrator (soldier/engineer hybrid) if you're the sniping type, like me.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Mrbob said:
I bought Toki Tori this morning based on some of the recomendations in this thread. I'll try it out when I get home later tonight!

Awesome! Toki Tori is easily worth twice it's asking price. everyone here should buy a copy if they enjoy puzzle games.

I bought Toki Tori long ago on Wiiware. It's pretty good. I never finished it though, it got too difficult in the last stages and I didn't care enough to look up the solution to get past where I was stuck.

Twig

Banned
The answer, indeed, is no. I bought the WiiWare version when it came out, but now I have this and it is the superior version. High-five!

Metiphis

Just got Knights of the Old Republic off steam after deep reservations from people on the steam forums that it ran terribly with crashes and freezes on new comps. I gotta say I had no problems on Win 7 64 bit, I7 Processor. Played for hours without a hitch.

kamspy

Firestorm said:
Dawn of War II - £5.00 / $8 CAD / $7.60 USD

http://uk-thq-eshop.gamesplanet.com/pc-games/buy-download-Dawn-of-War-II.html

Buy it there, they will email you the CD Key plus download links. Take the multiplayer cd key and add it to Steam. Download it there.

Edit: super late

They won't accept my card now, which is odd because they let me buy 10 keys for Saints Row 2 a couple days ago. Maybe their keen to my cross country shopping?

If anyone can spring a key from them, I'd love one. All I have to offer is a Saints Row 2 key (that will unlock through Steam). I don't do paypal so...

Jirotrom

I need to know where all my steam saved games are... as Im going to properly back up all my saves... My plants vs zombies one being the most important :D :D please help

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Jirotrom said:
I need to know where all my steam saved games are... as Im going to properly back up all my saves... My plants vs zombies one being the most important :D :D please help
All over the place. Check your My Documents folder, the userdata folder in the Steam folder, the game's folders, etc.

kamspy

Jirotrom said:

Some might even be in the hidden %appdata% folder in your documents folder.

Jirotrom

Lyphen said:
All over the place. Check your My Documents folder, the userdata folder in the Steam folder, the game's folders, etc.
are you serious? i only care about plants versus zombies and Defense Grid

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Got DoW2, registered on Steam without any trouble and registered the "DLC" (lol 18kB unlock key) on GFWL without any issues. :D. Cheap RTSes. I just have to finish Spellforce 2 first :D. Bathing in glorious RTS glory.

Edit: If you can max out CoH without any issues, how well will DoW2 run by comparison?

Jirotrom said:

Check the Steam Forum for each of those games. There's usually a thread in there asking this question for each game with an explanation. One of these days devs will get together and decide on some kind of common practice.

vocab

Easy_D said:
Got DoW2, registered on Steam without any trouble and registered the "DLC" (lol 18kB unlock key) on GFWL without any issues. :D. Cheap RTSes. I just have to finish Spellforce 2 first :D. Bathing in glorious RTS glory.

Edit: If you can max out CoH without any issues, how well will DoW2 run by comparison?

DOWII is much more demanding, but I can run them both maxed out.

The Benchmark was said Avg frames is 60-61. Max is 143 Min was 18. That's at Ultra settings at 1920 x 1080.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
vocab said:
DOWII is much more demanding, but I can run them both maxed out.

The Benchmark was said Avg frames is 60-61. Max is 143 Min was 18. That's at Ultra settings at 1920 x 1080.
What GPU do you use? I read it had/has issues with ATI cards or something.[/technoob]

Jirotrom

Dr. Zoidberg said:
Check the Steam Forum for each of those games. There's usually a thread in there asking this question for each game with an explanation. One of these days devs will get together and decide on some kind of common practice.
thanks because i cant find zombies

vocab

Easy_D said:
What GPU do you use? I read it had/has issues with ATI cards or something.[/technoob]

HD 5850.

20193.png

Fredescu

Any recommendations for King Arthur? Seems to be a bit of a deal going for that at the moment. I guess the reviews seem ok, and the description sounds intriguing. I haven't seen much talk about it here though.

panda21

wow DoW 2 is much better than I was expecting from the demo, and for £5 :D i'm already looking forward to the expansion.

Running it maxed at 1680x1050 on an i5/5770 i get 50fps average and its totally playable, if that helps anyone.

Mrbob

Dawn of War 2 campaign is awesome. Best single player campaign for RTS since Warcraft III The Frozen Throne. Playing it through co op is amazing too.

Oh also, to all the people that linked the dawn of war 2 sale. Yeah thanks a lot you jerks. I spent the last 12 hours playing last stand. Did you think that I would have nothing better to do with those 12 hours of my life?

ElJuice said:
I was thinking of doing the same. Any idea how it compares to SoC?
Its more of an actual sanbox game compared to SoC. Some would say its the best one. It really depends on what you are looking for. If you want a big open map where you wonder around in not knowing what to do and finding nothing but huge chunks of emptiness then SoC is better. If you want a large open area with a bunch of stuff in it and a couple of different gameplay mechanics than call of pripyat is the one to go with.

Is DoW2 difficult for someone who sucks at RTS games? I really enjoyed Company of Heroes but I couldn't hack it after the 4th campaign mission.

Ledsen

Er... why would they add categories if I can't sort games by category (while still seeing ALL my games and not just the ones in a specific category) like I could before the update? The function is completely meaningless without sorting.

edit: Don't even bother with the categories yet, they're bugged. I categorized all my games and when I restarted Steam I only had 1 or 2 games left in each category, the rest were gone.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
toasty_T said:
Is DoW2 difficult for someone who sucks at RTS games? I really enjoyed Company of Heroes but I couldn't hack it after the 4th campaign mission.

DoW2 has something like 5 difficulty levels, pick one of the easier ones and you'll be fine. The fact that you're only controlling 4 units at a time should make it manageable.

Oreoleo

toasty_T said:
As someone who is equally bad at RTS's I just put about an hour into DoW on the easiest difficulty and it was totally manageable. Pretty slick game too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom