• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
xyla said:
Damn, bid on Deus Ex 1 and Hitman Blood Money... Will probably not play them until 2011 considering my backlog :lol

Deus Ex 1 should take priority over anything in your back log. Hitman Blood Money should as well.

Twig

Banned
DMPrince said:
does anyone know what the deals are for the squenidox week?
i hope somewhere they put up the 4 pack deal for Just cause 2 :lol. ;(
yesss spread the word

There were some packages that showed up last week, I think, in the register or whatever. I don't remember what they were. Also FF7/8 will be showing up; they're also listed now, but not yet on the storefront.

But as for what the actual deals will be, no idea!

TheOneGuy said:
yesss spread the word

There were some packages that showed up last week, I think, in the register or whatever. I don't remember what they were. Also FF7/8 will be showing up; they're also listed now, but not yet on the storefront.

cool. i have yet to finish the pc version of VII.... :lol

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Ugh, I will buy FF7/FF8, just because I'm convinced that Squeenix is this close to giving me FFXIII on Steam.

I buy everything they put on Steam for this reason alone.

K.Jack said:
Ugh, I will buy FF7/FF8, just because I'm convinced that Squeenix is this close to giving me FFXIII on Steam.

Are we really getting the pc ports of 7 and 8? a friend owns the pc version of 7 and the midi music was :lol but if they can fix it up to run better just like AvP classic did, I will nab it at a fair price.

Diablohead said:
Are we really getting the pc ports of 7 and 8? a friend owns the pc version of 7 and the midi music was :lol but if they can fix it up to run better just like AvP classic did, I will nab it at a fair price.
this is square now ;P

fallen_elite

Neo Member
Anyone see this? Wish I would ahve waited to buy bc2.

bfbc2_4pack.jpg

fatty

Vik_Vaughn said:
So, what's the hitman deal?

$8 for Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Blood Money and Hitman: Codename 47.

I just did that and added the original Deus Ex for a total of $13.

Stitch

Gold Member
Diablohead said:
a friend owns the pc version of 7 and the midi music was :lol
it depends on what kind of midi thingy you've installed. some have shitty sound and some have good sound. not sure how that works with newer soundcards though lol.
i think there was also a way to use the music from the PSX CDs

Talamius

K.Jack said:

It certainly seems like they are testing the waters for it. Of course, I'm surprised 12 never got a PC port.

I bought deux ex goty but I have a problem, when people speak, they cut off before there finished. It seems like the game is too fast or something. Anyone have a solution?

epmode

Liquid Helium said:
I bought deux ex goty but I have a problem, when people speak, they cut off before there finished. It seems like the game is too fast or something. Anyone have a solution?
Are you running Vista or 7? Deus Ex gave me some trouble after swtiching from XP until I came across this: http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/

It's a Direct3D 10 renderer for that particular Unreal Engine. It fixes most compatibility errors and allows for ridiculously high resolutions.

Liquid Helium said:

Also if you go to the steam forum page for the game there is a topic that is stickied that has a fix for the game specificially. Worked for me.

Stitch said:
it depends on what kind of midi thingy you've installed. some have shitty sound and some have good sound. not sure how that works with newer soundcards though lol.
i think there was also a way to use the music from the PSX CDs
Isn't there also a mod to use battle character models outside of fights also? but it was buggy because they had a different bone setup but it worked for the most part. I should look about for some mods.

Talamius said:
It certainly seems like they are testing the waters for it. Of course, I'm surprised 12 never got a PC port.
I think they dived straight into 13 and 14 development once 12 was out, plus the game is rather polygon starved, imagine it running in high res *ick*

If they are porting 13 across it will at least push today's graphics cards i'm sure with realtime shadows and effects, plus not sub HD like the poor 360 version :(

I'm so glad I already got the 'Eidos Collector Pack' which doesn't seem to exist anymore. It is sure saving me from buying a lot of these games. :D

Scipius

TheOneGuy said:
yesss spread the word

According to LovingSteam, the packages were Just Cause & Batman, Battlestations & Order of War, Tomb Raider & Last Remnant (he didn't mention Deus Ex & Hitman). So presumably that means something like JC & AA tomorrow, TR & LR Thursday and FF7 & FF8 on Friday?

confused

Banned
speculawyer said:
I'm so glad I already got the 'Eidos Collector Pack' which doesn't seem to exist anymore. It is sure saving me from buying a lot of these games. :D

Same here, got pretty much all Eidos games for $45 during the christmas sale. Thank god I jumped all over it on the last day seen as it has been discontinued. Was a bit bummed that TR: Anniversary wasn't included though.

panda21

Hawk xSx said:
All I want to see is SupCom2 drop just a smidge, might bite on it.

if they make it half price i'd probably get it

anyone played that RUSE yet? the beta started today.

i only just realised its ubishit but then i think its online only anyway?

Doomslayer said:
All three of those are incredibly simple and tedious. Awful, awful games.

are they really that bad? i thought order of war was supposed to be good at least, and possibly whichever of those battlestations games was the first.

Doytch

panda21 said:
if they make it half price i'd probably get it

anyone played that RUSE yet? the beta started today.

i only just realised its ubishit but then i think its online only anyway?
Yeah I saw some videos earlier and it looked interesting so I preloaded it, but after seeing that Ubi's publishing it I know I won't be buying it anyway. =\

I did like the bit of the Just 'Cause 2 demo that I played. I kept running away from a helicopter and getting angry, and then this light flicked on in my head that I could just grab it with my hook and hijack it. Fantastic moment there. :lol

Salacious Crumb

panda21 said:
are they really that bad? i thought order of war was supposed to be good at least, and possibly whichever of those battlestations games was the first.

To me they are at least. Maybe I went into them with the wrong mindset. On paper they seemed to be pretty unique strat games with a little depth. As it turns out they're all very shallow. The only thing you need to do in Order of War is click your mans on the enemy mans and wait, no strategy needed. And battle stations tries to do too many things and fails at all of them, Ariel and naval combat is monotonous and there is not an ounce of strategy in either game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom