• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Hawk xSx said:
It'll be interesting what the rest of the week for the Squenix/Eidos games, there is many high calibur games.

All I want to see is SupCom2 drop just a smidge, might bite on it.

Monday's deals might have peaked for me

EDIT: Tuesday's Deals just went up:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4000
SupCom 2 is currently $40 with a $15 credit at Amazon. It's a Steamworks title so you just enter in your key. I thought it was a good deal when I jumped on it last week.

panda21

Doomslayer said:
To me they are at least. Maybe I went into them with the wrong mindset. On paper they seemed to be pretty unique strat games with a little depth. As it turns out they're all very shallow. The only thing you need to do in Order of War is click your mans on the enemy mans and wait, no strategy needed. And battle stations tries to do too many things and fails at all of them, Ariel and naval combat is monotonous and there is not an ounce of strategy in either game.

yeah i just watched the battlestations QL, apart from the part where brad flies into a mountain because he is following the objective markers its pretty dull.

RUSE on the other hand looks surprisingly promising. i wasnt really sure what i was supposed to be doing at first but it lets you play against the AI and it seems quite well made.

no idea how fun it actually will be to play since it seems like it will take a while to get used to and its a bit different. only concern is it might turn out to actually be pretty shallow but its hard to say

TheOneGuy said:
I thought I'd heard Men of War was good, but Order of War was not. Maybe I've got it backwards, I dunno.
Men of War, Faces of War and Soldiers: Heroes of World War II are all great (and in the same series).

masterkajo

I just reinstalled steam and after logging in there are no more games under the "My Games" tab. Also all settings and friends are gone too. Hope it isn't just me.

masterkajo said:
I just reinstalled steam and after logging in there are no more games under the "My Games" tab. Also all settings and friends are gone too. Hope it isn't just me.
Wait a few minutes, then restart Steam. It fixes itself after a while.

Is it me or was the Monday 'day' a little shorter than expected? :lol
I went to buy the DE/HM pack and all I saw was BATTLESTATIONS. Damn shame...

That said, the main reason I waited so long was because of some absolutely brilliant logic: if I can spend £10 on 5 games, why not spend £52 on 22? :lol

That's right - I'm talking about the Valve Complete Pack. I'm pretty sure I should have it already...

Do any of you guys have any opinions on the 'other' Valve stuff i.e. the old school multiplayer shooters?

epmode

The Valve Complete Pack is probably the best single thing on Steam. I don't play many multiplayer games but I'm sure there's still an audience for most of that older stuff. Valve games are always in style.

Boonoo

Desaparecido said:
Speaking of the Valve pack - how often does that go on sale?

I think only ever at their Holiday sale. The various games inside go on sale pretty often, though.
Even when it's not on sale it's a pretty amazing deal, though.

Boonoo

MarshMellow96 said:
On the basis that I want the original HL stuff and L4D, I think I'll be getting it. I can force the Orange Box content on my girlfriend. :lol

Be sure you check the extra copies info before you buy.
From the Extra Copies page of the support site.
Extra copies will only be issued as a special promotion in the following cases:

Users who own "Left 4 Dead" and then go on to purchase "Left 4 Dead + Left 4 Dead 2 Bundle" will receive an extra copy of "Left 4 Dead"

Users who own “Half-Life 2” and go on to purchase “The Orange Box” or the "Valve Complete Pack" will receive an extra copy of “Half-Life 2”.

Users who own “Half-Life 2: Episode One” and then go on to purchase the "Half-Life 2: Episode Pack”, “Valve Complete Pack” or “The Orange Box” will receive an extra copy of “Half-Life 2: Episode One”.

These special promotions will allow you to send a gift pass for your extra copy to a friend who does not already own the game.

Limitations
“Half-Life 2” and “Half-Life 2: Episode One” are only eligible to receive extra copies once.

For example, if you own “Half-Life 2” and/or ”Half-Life 2: Episode One” and receive extra copies for your purchase of “The Orange Box”, you will not receive additional extra copies if you then go on to purchase the “Valve Complete Pack”.

Boonoo

MarshMellow96 said:
So that is to say, if I've got a Steam copy of the Orange Box, I'm not getting an extra copy of Portal and TF2?

That's what it looks like. It's strange that they would treat those two games differently. It doesn't look like they give extra L4D1 or 2 copies if you get the complete pack either.

Firestorm

Boonoo said:
That's what it looks like. It's strange that they would treat those two games differently. It doesn't look like they give extra L4D1 or 2 copies if you get the complete pack either.
I believe it was a make-up gesture for cancelling the Black Box.

Just a theory: The Passing is out at the end of March. If it isn't free (which it probably will be given the boycott etc..), what are the odds of it being included in the pack? I may have to just hold out a few weeks more if that were the case...

Twig

Banned
MarshMellow96 said:
Just a theory: The Passing is out at the end of March. If it isn't free (which it probably will be given the boycott etc..), what are the odds of it being included in the pack? I may have to just hold out a few weeks more if that were the case...
It will be free on PC. It would have been regardless of the boycott.

edit: epmode knows what's up rock on

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I've got a question.

How do I go about transitioning to a new computer. I won't be the old one any longer, so is it a simple deauthorize and authorize sort of thing?

Twig

Banned
dallow_bg said:
I've got a question.

How do I go about transitioning to a new computer. I won't be the old one any longer, so is it a simple deauthorize and authorize sort of thing?
No need to do any of that unless you have any games with extra DRM. For those, I'm not exactly sure how to deauthorize. Depends on the game, probably.

The vast majority of games on Steam require nothing of the sort, though. If you're worried, check the Steam store page for the game, and it'll say if there's any third-party DRM.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
TheOneGuy said:
No need to do any of that unless you have any games with extra DRM. For those, I'm not exactly sure how to deauthorize. Depends on the game, probably.

The vast majority of games on Steam require nothing of the sort, though. If you're worried, check the Steam store page for the game, and it'll say if there's any third-party DRM.
Ah, very clever, thanks. I think I should be good to go then!

Hmm I have a feeling tomorrow will be Tomb Raider Bundle + Last Remnant. Thursday will be Gyromancer + Mini Ninjas. Friday will be Just Cause 1 + Batman A.A. Also Disciples 3 was added to the registry.

Desaparecido said:
Speaking of the Valve pack - how often does that go on sale?

It's been on sale a few times (nowhere enar as frequently as the THQ complete pack goes on sale) but you might want to wait until Gabes keynote at GDC because Valve being Valve I'd say there's a good possibility they'll do a special one off sale as a celebration.

graywolf323

LovingSteam said:
Hmm I have a feeling tomorrow will be Tomb Raider Bundle + Last Remnant. Thursday will be Gyromancer + Mini Ninjas. Friday will be Just Cause 1 + Batman A.A. Also Disciples 3 was added to the registry.

I'm hoping for Gyromancer + Yosumin

Firestorm

LovingSteam said:
I'm thinking they might end the week off with Final Fantasy VII and VIII release with discount.

Danneee

Anksta said:
Still waiting for Batman AA to go on sale. Come on sub-$10 price point!

I wouldn't hold my breath for it, probably just 50% off seeing as the other games this week have been 50% off or 66% on packs.

graywolf323 said:
I'm hoping for Gyromancer + Yosumin

If it does not come up you should still buy this one. Steam tells me I have spent 14(!) hours on it so far. Well worth the money.

The lack of wide screen support in this game pisses me off though. Ugly black borders when in full screen.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
MrMister said:
(Couldn't they port the 360 version over easily?)
Sure they could, anything on 360 can easily be ported on PC.

I can see them announcing a PC Port at e3. I mean TLR but no FF13 come on ? Maybe FF7 and 8 are there to generate some buzz before the put out FF13 on PC.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Man, these deals are terrible. I picked up TR:U for 7.49 a couple months ago on Steam. And I saw it at 9.99 at retail yesterday. TLR was a hard sell even when it was 14.99 back in December or whatever.

Edit: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2 Megapatch is out.

Doytch

Lyphen said:
Man, these deals are terrible. I picked up TR:U for 7.49 a couple months ago on Steam. And I saw it at 9.99 at retail yesterday. TLR was a hard sell even when it was 14.99 back in December or whatever.

Edit: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2 Megapatch is out.
J/w, does DoW2 make you redownload the whole game like CoH does on patches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom