• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
poppabk said:
I can almost guarantee that it will be higher than the GFWL deal, the same at best.
I'm really hoping for a 60% off on both games separately, 75% off on the two games pack (because those were the Gogamers and GFWL deals on Batman). But i'm guessing it'll be the 60%/66% liek every other release?

Davidion

Volcynika said:
Square Enix, Eidos Week Day Four

Save up to 66% off Gyromancer and Mini Ninjas until 8 AM PST tomorrow!

Package for $15.29

Individual

Gyromancer: $7.49
Mini Ninjas $14.99

JUST what I was waiting for.

I hate you, Steam.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Volcynika said:
Square Enix, Eidos Week Day Four

Save up to 66% off Gyromancer and Mini Ninjas until 8 AM PST tomorrow!

Package for $15.29

Individual

Gyromancer: $7.49
Mini Ninjas $14.99

This is what I was waiting for, getting Gyromancer. I loved the demo.

$15 was excessive but sub-$10 is well worth it if you're into any combination of Bejeweled, Puzzle Quest, and Pokemon. :lol

EDIT: The pack makes them both 7.50, really. Any reviews of Mini Ninjas?

For those getting M&B, I haven't played it yet either, but I think these are requisite mods:
Polished Landscapes: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,76706.0.html
Polished Buildings: http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,56440.0.html

Macmanus said:
Is Gyromancer worth it? Seems like a fun little puzzle game. $7.50 seems almost steep for a flash caliber game, though.

Have you tried the demo? I love puzzle quest (even Galactrix) and I hated the Gyromancer demo if my opinion means anything. Something about it didn't "click" with me.

McNum

Asparagus said:
Me too, I wouldn't mind giving the PC versions a try.

If they release an updated version of FF7PC, I'll bite. Good luck getting the normal PC version to run on any modern PC. It's doable, barely. An XP/Vista/Win7 compatible version would be awesome.

Dipswitch

wenis said:
another day, another dollar saved.

maybe tomorrow will be good.

LOL. I feel exactly the same way. Every time I poke my head in here I'm utterly delighted when I don't see a deal I'm interested in. Feels like a dodged a bullet :D.

That's only normal when you wield a Great Steam Backlog of Epic Shame +8.....

Dipswitch

gregor7777 said:
How about $9.99 Batman?

Sigh - I may as well start asking this now: How well would this play on a HD4870 1GB and a 2.8GHZ Intel Quad core? I'm actually praying that it'll run like ass........

Dipswitch said:
Sigh - I may as well start asking this now: How well would this play on a HD4870 1GB and a 2.8GHZ Intel Quad core? I'm actually praying that it'll run like ass........

I ran it with the same videocard and a 3.2GHz Q6600 and it ran perfectly. Sorry.

Struct09

Dipswitch said:

You'll want to vsynch it, because otherwise it will be rendering frames so fast that it will cause screen tearing ;)

Try out the demo, it's free!

Dipswitch

Struct09 said:
You'll want to vsynch it, because otherwise it will be rendering frames so fast that it will cause screen tearing ;)

Try out the demo, it's free!

Yeah, I'll probably download the demo first and give it a whirl. But only if the Gods of Steam reject their humble servants plea not to tempt him further with sub $10 titles. Lest the one known as 'The significant other' become enraged and smite him mightily........

Mini Ninjas is well worth the price, I played it on PS3 and it's a fantastic and greatly underrated action adventre, one of my favourites of last year - the art style really sells the game, there are some amazing looking levels and the character designs are perfect imo. The gameplay doesn't really ever get boring, the stealth is well implemented, the pacing's good and the fact that you unlock new ninjas with new powers as you progress keeps things fresh. There isn't much replay value, but I enjoyed it so much the first time I think i'll have to double dip and see how the PC version compares.

kotaku.jpg

It does not get posted in the general Steam newsfeed. It's just an option for the Syndicated feeds. There will be more video game sites that will be added.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
From a Steam Forums Valve moderator on the Kotaku feed:

Valve said:
The syndicated feeds are based on RSS, but we aren't using News as a generic feed reader where users can add feed at this time. Instead we'll be adding some of the popular gaming news sites that want to partner with us and they'll show up for everyone.

The idea here is that since we don't actually have an editorial staff to pump out news articles ourselves, we would like to leverage the news from those that do to keep the news on the client details and in-game overlay news displays fresh and relevant. The partner sites will also benefit in that the exposure to the Steam user base should provide them with new readers.

So that's the idea, hopefully it means you get more useful news showing up for your games in all the context sensitive areas. We'll be adding more partners soon.

Dr. Zoidberg said:
Have you tried the demo? I love puzzle quest (even Galactrix) and I hated the Gyromancer demo if my opinion means anything. Something about it didn't "click" with me.

It also didn't click with me, not like Puzzle Quest, though I did enjoy it.

The Railworks Mega-bundle is currently on sale for $29.99 and it includes 5 items: Railworks, BNSF Officially Licensed ES44AC & SD40-2 RailWorks Add-on, Class 08 Diesel Shunter RailWorks Add-on, V2 Steam Locomotive DLC, 0-4-0ST Saddle Tank Locomotive Pack RailWorks Add-on. Normal price would be $101.95, so the discount is 71%.

kamspy

Don't forget to SKIP JUST CAUSE PEOPLE.

It's an original xbox port, not a 360 port. I own it and well, it sucks. Highest settings are rubbish.

Also, The Club didn't even ship with CD Keys, so the fact you can tie them to Steam is kinda moot. I know, I bought a boxed copy at Gamestop a while back and had to jump through 37 hoops to get my key from SEGA. I stopped around the 4th hoop. Game installs fine without one, you just need it for cheesemints and leaderboards.

I own Just Cause on Steam and it is perfectly fine. It doesn't support widescreen but you can google a hack for that, and it looks good. Don't believe the lies.

That being said, you should still skip it and wait for the sequel.

Truespeed

I put off the GFW Batman purchase because I was sure there was going to be a Steam deal. I dunno, but it's looking kind of slim.

Truespeed said:
I put off the GFW Batman purchase because I was sure there was going to be a Steam deal. I dunno, but it's looking kind of slim.

Its coming tomorrow. Its already confirmed in the registry.. most likely Batman will be around $20.

Truespeed

LovingSteam said:
Its coming tomorrow. Its already confirmed in the registry.. most likely Batman will be around $20.

Nice, but $20 isn't in that instabuy sweetspot like $9.99 is. Surely they have psychological experts on staff that realize this yumminess.

Truespeed said:
Nice, but $20 isn't in that instabuy sweetspot like $9.99 is. Surely they have psychological experts on staff that realize this yumminess.

Yea, unfortunately $9.99 won't happen for a while more when it comes to Batman. But who knows, they may just surprise us :)

Scipius

LovingSteam said:

What registry can one view these entries anyway? Is it the regular ClientRegistry.blob?

Gosh I hate Steam some times. For the last week I have been this close to picking up Just Cause 2 & Metro 2033. This 24 hour store at your finger tips is so dangerous!

Macmanus

LovingSteam said:
Gosh I hate Steam some times. For the last week I have been this close to picking up Just Cause 2 & Metro 2033. This 24 hour store at your finger tips is so dangerous!

Well then Amazon must really be your nemesis.

kamspy

Why didn't you guys pick up Batman from one of the other sales? I launch all my D2D, Gamersgate, etc. titles through Steam anyways.

Is the erection really that strong? I know it is with LovingSteam, but is it that bad for the rest of you guys too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom