• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytch

kamspy said:
Why didn't you guys pick up Batman from one of the other sales? I launch all my D2D, Gamersgate, etc. titles through Steam anyways.

Is the erection really that strong? I know it is with LovingSteam, but is it that bad for the rest of you guys too?
I think most people didn't want to get it from GFW from the start, and when it started popping up on other DD platforms, they assumed it would come to Steam soon anyway. I already have it on PS3 so I don't really care one way or another.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
kamspy said:
Why didn't you guys pick up Batman from one of the other sales? I launch all my D2D, Gamersgate, etc. titles through Steam anyways.

Is the erection really that strong? I know it is with LovingSteam, but is it that bad for the rest of you guys too?
I would happily buy it through anything other than GFWL, I guess I missed the deals on gamersgate and D2D. GFWL has been nothing but a pain in the ass for me - the locked region thing meant I had to create a new gamertag just to purchase anything - and then I have never been able to get my copy of Shadowrun to work.

kamspy

poppabk said:
I would happily buy it through anything other than GFWL, I guess I missed the deals on gamersgate and D2D. GFWL has been nothing but a pain in the ass for me - the locked region thing meant I had to create a new gamertag just to purchase anything - and then I have never been able to get my copy of Shadowrun to work.

Why wouldn't you buy Batman because Shadowrun wouldn't work? That's like me saying I'll never buy God of War III from Best Buy because I bought Lair there and it sucked.

Doytch

kamspy said:
Why wouldn't you buy Batman because Shadowrun wouldn't work? That's like me saying I'll never buy God of War III from Best Buy because I bought Lair there and it sucked.
Uhhh...no? It's like buying Lair from Best Buy and some douchebag with thick-framed glasses driving a painted VW Beetle kicking down your door and taking the game back.

kamspy

Doytch said:
Uhhh...no? It's like buying Lair from Best Buy and some douchebag with thick-framed glasses driving a painted VW Beetle kicking down your door and taking the game back.

Didn't Shadowrun have the exact same problem in the boxed retail copy too? I'm pretty sure it's not isolated to the digital copy from the GFWL store.

Volcynika

Haha, they already have the uploaded image for the next deal on the server

spotlight_NEW_friday.jpg

50% off FFXI ultimate, 60% off on both Batman and Just Cause 1 (66% off for the combo)

confused

Banned
kamspy said:
Didn't Shadowrun have the exact same problem in the boxed retail copy too? I'm pretty sure it's not isolated to the digital copy from the GFWL store.

The point is that he bought a game though GFWL and it didn't work. Due to this terrible experience he woud rather not use GFWL again. Which is understandable, seen as GFWL offers no refunds, even if they know they are selling you a faulty product.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
kamspy said:
Doesn't really matter to me. Having to buy all my games through a separate gamertag was annoying enough but I jumped through the hoops to try the service out, the game not working when it was one of the titles that launched the service was just enough to make me doubt the service outright. There are plenty of other choices out there, if best buy had lousy service which inconvenienced me, I would quit shopping there.

kamspy said:

As someone who wipes their machine every several months, I prefer to have all my games in my portable steamapps folder. It's honestly the most convenient thing ever. I have a 1TB drive dedicated to just my steamapps folder and all I have to do after a format is create a directory junction and I have all my games "installed" within 2 seconds.

The only games I buy from other DD services are games that aren't on steam (So pretty much just Stardock games)

Volcynika

Deals last till Monday

"Save up to 66% off Batman: Arkham Asylum and Just Cause and save 50% off FINAL FANTASY XI: ULTIMATE COLLECTION! Deals last until Monday!"

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Batman is 50% off, and so is Just Cause alone.

The pack is 66% off.

Which doesn't make any sense. Batman alone is 25 USD, Batman+Just Cause is 22 USD.

Oh Steam and it's pricing errors.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Wow. Can't believe I didn't buy anything on Steam this week. A monumental victory, thank you Square Enix!

Mrbob

It is actually cheaper to buy Batman and JC together in a bundle! :lol $22.09!

I already have batman, thinking about JC. I might wait though since JC2 is right around the corner. Maybe they'll do a better weekend deal for it. JC for 7.50 is ok, but the game is really old now.

Mad Max said:
I think they failed at the pricing here in europe because now just cause + batman is 20e and batman alone is 24 :lol.

The same thing happened with Mini Ninja's & Gyromancer yesterday - it was £1.56 cheaper to get Mini Ninjas & Gyromancer than it was to get Mini Ninjas on it's own :lol

Dipswitch

Archie said:
Batman and Just Cause for $22.09. Are you still safe? :p

Yeah - good deal for both, but just out of impulse purchasing price range. That and my Steam backlog is utterly ridiculous as it is.

Nice try Steam - but you lose!! BWAA HAA HAA HAA HAA!

I'll be quiet now

confused

Banned
Current deal lasts all weekend.

Small error : Frontpage says 60% off, while the actual gamepage shows up as 50% off, strange. Eurostore btw.

According to the sidebar graphic they are supposed to be 60 percent off each and 66 pct together, so maybe the individual pricing isn't up yet. Oh well, probably in for the pack.

confused

Banned
Yeah, Euro prices are :

Batman : 24.95
JC1 : 7.49
Bundle : 20.73

Makes sense, no ? Eidos trying to get a few more sales in before the sequel makes it obsolete I guess.

kamspy said:

With a backlog like mine, I can afford to be picky. Seriously, by the time I would have gotten around to it, Steam will probably have a better sale.

Lyphen said:
Wow. Can't believe I didn't buy anything on Steam this week. A monumental victory, thank you Square Enix!

I started out thinking I'd be spending a lot of money this week.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
TouchMyBox said:
As someone who wipes their machine every several months, I prefer to have all my games in my portable steamapps folder. It's honestly the most convenient thing ever. I have a 1TB drive dedicated to just my steamapps folder and all I have to do after a format is create a directory junction and I have all my games "installed" within 2 seconds.
This and guaranteed "left click, install" on every single game I own on the same application.

Volcynika said:
FFXI Ultimate is $14.99 on Steam currently, so that'd be $7.49 for that one.
I still have my boxed copy somewhere, scratch that I think I binned it because it was terrible (for me) and it's sign up and cancel process was one of the most annoying ever, this was 4+ years ago though with the vanilla release.

If I was not playing Aion I would give it another try at that price, it's not showing up on the UK store anyway.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
60% of $50 is $20.........right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom