• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

TouchMyBox said:
A guy from DICE already said that it was pulled because it was "the wrong version". Though that explaination makes absolutely no sense to me so I guess conspiracy theories aren't uncalled for.
Was probably a 4-pack for the Limited Edition which includes the extra DLC. I think they'll put up one that isn't.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
they finally changed the 60% banner on batman aa to 50%. i'd like to think it's because i emailed them to find out what the hell they were talking about :lol

but batman and a free game that may or may not be good for $23 isn't shabby.

brain_stew said:
Anyone who wants a $20 copy of Left 4 Dead 2 PM me asap!

Game in the UK are selling the game ridiculously cheap, so I'm happy to buy up a bunch of copies and email the codes if anyone is interested. I did the same for about half a dozen GAFers with AVP and if you check the official thread you'll see they were all very happy with me. Just thought I'd put the offer out there before all the stock is snatched up. I'd rather PC-GAF benefit from the deal than some scumbags from HotUkDeals that will be selling them all for double the price on Ebay.

Surprisingly it hasn't went out of stock, so I'll renew the offer for today. Anyone in the UK just go to game.co.uk directly of course.

graywolf323

Firestorm said:
Was probably a 4-pack for the Limited Edition which includes the extra DLC. I think they'll put up one that isn't.

I think the last day to buy the LE is this Tuesday so we'll probably see the 4-pack later this week

cory

Banned
I sort of tempted to get FFXI, even though I'm pretty sure the trial will be enough for me, especially with XIV around the corner.

there's a 2 week trial for it

youre just wasting money if your just going to play for the 30 day period especially without a current character since most of the content is for higher level people

there's really no difference from downloading the trial besides the 2 week extra period to play

cory

Banned
PandaPandaPanda said:
there's a 2 week trial for it

youre just wasting money if your just going to play for the 30 day period especially without a current character since most of the content is for higher level people

there's really no difference from downloading the trial besides the 2 week extra period to play
That's what I thought, I don't have time/money for an MMO anyway.

Volcynika

Sniper Elite Week Sale!
MARCH 15, 2010, 8:16 AM - VALVE - GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Sniper Elite is available for $2/€2/£2 until March 22nd!

As World War II draws to a close, the first covert battles of the Cold War begin. Caught in the life and death struggle between Soviets and Germans in war-torn Berlin, you control the fate of a lone American OSS Sniper

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I played the demo for Sniper Elite a while back and it was pretty cool. I'm a big fan of sniping :lol Couldn't help it at 2$, even though I probably won't play it till summer.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
bought Sol Survivor over two hours ago, but it's still not available for download :/

i hope it's as good as Defende Grid, i bought the game knowing almost nothing about it...

edit: it's finally working :)

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
gregor7777 said:
I want more Defense Grid. (The 4 new maps are great, but I want more!)

one of the Defense Grid developers said on the steam forums that more DLC is coming!

Sol Survivor almost finished downloading *hopes the game is great*

MoFuzz

gregor7777 said:
Oh, the original Painkiller is awesome, but it doesn't have the full large icon in grid view. :lol
"All you really need to know is that there is a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning..."

Your argument is invalid. :p

I'm on Spring Break, and I could use a cheap time killer. I was sort of looking at the following games.
Star Wars: Jedi Academy-- I seem to remember this game being fun for some mindless action. And I think there were some fun cheats to fool around with.
Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition-- I've never played a LucasArts point-and-click adventure game. I also saw The Dig and Indiana Jones on there, but I don't hear about them often, and just assumed they hadn't aged well.
STALKER: Clear Sky-- I never played the first STALKER. In fact, I'm not really sure what type of game it is. I've looked at some screenshots and a few videos, and I'm still not sure. Is it a huge open world to explore, like Elder Scrolls? Is it more strategy based? I'm not sure.

Any clarification on these or other suggestions in a similar price range?

Lionel Mandrake said:
I'm on Spring Break, and I could use a cheap time killer. I was sort of looking at the following games.
Star Wars: Jedi Academy-- I seem to remember this game being fun for some mindless action. And I think there were some fun cheats to fool around with.
Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition-- I've never played a LucasArts point-and-click adventure game. I also saw The Dig and Indiana Jones on there, but I don't hear about them often, and just assumed they hadn't aged well.
STALKER: Clear Sky-- I never played the first STALKER. In fact, I'm not really sure what type of game it is. I've looked at some screenshots and a few videos, and I'm still not sure. Is it a huge open world to explore, like Elder Scrolls? Is it more strategy based? I'm not sure.

Any clarification on these or other suggestions in a similar price range?

For a time killer, you don't want Secret of Monkey Island. It's awesome, but you'll probably finish it early in your break, and then need something else, especially if you make use of the hint system. Highly recommended, but won't eat up time like you seem to want.

Can't speak of the other two, but I think the STALKERs are supposed to be pretty big. I have one (steam sale) but haven't played it yet.

Scipius

Lionel Mandrake said:

STALKER games are semi open-world (in that it's not one world, but interconnected large levels) FPS with RPG elements in terms of gameplay, with an extremely well executed atmosphere that rivals the best in survival horror. They're predominantly shooters though.

I would recommend playing the original game, Shadow of Chernobyl, first. Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat are more or less expansions of the original. Best enjoyed once the core STALKER game has been experienced. However, it is a pretty meaty game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Desaparecido said:
That's a good thing.

How so?

Lionel Mandrake said:

Jedi Academy is fucking awesome. The story is pretty lame and the characters other than Kyle are painful (Rosh especially), but as an action game, its a total blast. The levels have a ton of variety and you go to a lot of cool places. Graphically, it hasn't aged very gracefully but the lightsabers glow and there are still some nice views.

Scipius

LovingSteam said:

How long does it usually take before games move to the "Soon to be released" category?

I asked a while ago what registry one can view these in (e.g. ClientRegistry.blob?), but if you can't answer, just say so.

Desaparecido said:
...How many of those games have you actually played?

Not enough! Most were bought in weekend, thanksgiving, Christmas sales. I have cut down BIG time this year. Have only bought 3 games and took part in one weekend deal.

Scipius said:
How long does it usually take before games move to the "Soon to be released" category?

I asked a while ago what registry one can view these in (e.g. ClientRegistry.blob?), but if you can't answer, just say so.

Honestly, not sure what registry it is. A buddy sent me the file. Also, there are some games that have been in the registry for months and months that have yet to show up so anyones guess.

tjohn86

LovingSteam said:
Not enough! Most were bought in weekend, thanksgiving, Christmas sales. I have cut down BIG time this year. Have only bought 3 games and took part in one weekend deal.

Honestly, not sure what registry it is. A buddy sent me the file. Also, there are some games that have been in the registry for months and months that have yet to show up so anyones guess.

whats your steam community url, id like to see this massive collection

Scipius

LovingSteam said:

Thanks. I remember once looking in that blob and noticing lots of Steam AppIDs, but nothing that would suggest it was all current and future games. Your friend may be getting it from somewhere server-side I suppose.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Sol survivor looks pretty good specially when you consider that the game has both multiplayer and co-op, not bad for 10 bucks now hopefully the game itself is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom