• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
tjohn86 said:
whats your steam community url, id like to see this massive collection

I don't blame him if he doesn't post it, when I saw it once it made me forever judge him for some of the shit games in his collection. There is no repairing that damage.

Macmanus

gregor7777 said:
Oh, the original Painkiller is awesome, but it doesn't have the full large icon in grid view. :lol

No joke :(

80KJh.jpg

Stallion Free said:
I don't blame him if he doesn't post it, when I saw it once it made me forever judge him for some of the shit games in his collection. There is no repairing that damage.
:lol :lol

I stopped by those types of games if it makes you happy. I bought those because I have a little daughter so figured it would be entertaining for her and they were cheap (you don't believe that, do you? lol)

Volcynika

Shatter Now Available
Product Release - Valve 15:48
Shatter is now available on Steam.

Shatter is a retro-inspired brick-breaking game that merges familiar action with unique twists and a modern crafted production approach.

GET IT

$9.99

Fio

Gexecuter said:
I want a Space Rangers 2 sale so bad, i need that game.

You won't regret if you pay full price for it. Game's amazing. One of the best games I've played in the last years.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Fio said:
You won't regret if you pay full price for it. Game's amazing. One of the best games I've played in the last years.

I know it's an amazing game it's just i don't have that much money right now, 20 bucks is just too much for me right now D:

Chrysalis

Fio said:

I'd bite, but I remember the original release not having widescreen support. Has this been added? Or is there some kind of .ini edit?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Bought Shatter only knowing about the awesome soundtrack. Turns out the game is damn fun! Very pretty too, I love the stage transitions.

Lyphen said:
Bought Shatter only knowing about the awesome soundtrack. Turns out the game is damn fun! Very pretty too, I love the stage transitions.
I've actually bought the soundtrack without owning either version. :lol

Module is great.

Gexecuter said:
Sol survivor looks pretty good specially when you consider that the game has both multiplayer and co-op, not bad for 10 bucks now hopefully the game itself is good.

Waiting on impressions. I want it to be good, but it happened to release on the same day as Shatter for the same price.

Someone play it. Then come running back here.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought I heard Sniper Elite was decent. I played through a bit of the first level and it at least seemed interesting if you like sniper-type games that involve snipings. :)

Javaman

Peronthious said:
Breakout..with blowing! And sucking!

Woo!

Just played a bit... It is like Breakout with blowing and sucking. The general jist is that you use an orb to break blocks just like any other breakout clone, only the blowing and sucking can effect the path of the orb. No more getting into an endless loop of missing the final brick! Each time you hit blocks the shards can be vacuumed up which charges up a gauge you can use for a shield or a special attack (bullet stream) I've only finished the first world so far, but it's pretty fun. Oh and bosses.

chixdiggit said:
How do you get "Grid View" on steam? I just have a boring list of games with tiny icons.

Need to take part in the beta for the new UI. Once you have that installed, go to LIBRARY and the top right corner near the magnifying glass icon, you will see all the way to the right 4 squares. Select that one.

chixdiggit

LovingSteam said:
Need to take part in the beta for the new UI. Once you have that installed, go to LIBRARY and the top right corner near the magnifying glass icon, you will see all the way to the right 4 squares. Select that one.

Thanks. I love the new UI.

Whoa... I have spent 32 hours on Plants Vs. Zombies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
gregor7777 said:
Waiting on impressions. I want it to be good, but it happened to release on the same day as Shatter for the same price.

Someone play it. Then come running back here.

i like it so far. i have played the first ten maps on normal till now. i wouldn't say it's better than defense grid but also not much worse. i also haven't tested the multiplayer yet.

multiplayer modes:
Wars: You send creeps by buying them with your primary turret building resource, and have to choose between pressuring your opponent and defending yourself.

Co-Op: You team up with friends and crush some pretty difficult creeps.

Duo: You and a buddy split the turret placement and orbital support abilities into two different roles and play though any of the campaign maps. Depending on the map you play, this can either be crazy difficult or really casual.

Versus: The staple of most turret defense multiplayer mods, you have your own path or a shared team path, and you're trying to outlast either everyone else on the map or the other team, depending on the map you choose.

the biggest difference seems to be that you can't influence the way the monsters/aliens are taking. they walk on a defined path without the possibility to slow them down or tunnel them.

then there are lots of different orbital weapons like the laser in defense grid, and you get points for using them...which i found a bit strange.

and you can choose between different "commanders" which influences what kind of towers you can use. so when you use another commander you have to use different towers and must change your tactics and so on.

the only thing i really don't like much is the art design. the game is really ugly imo and it's hard to tell the towers apart because of that. but i played it three hours non stop so it seems the game makes lots of things right ;)

x3sphere

Anyone know how to view available gifts in the new Steam interface? Either I'm completely missing it or they moved it somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom