• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buttonbasher said:
I remember a time where there weren't Weekend deals every weekend.
I remember my credit card bill being a lot smaller as well. One could almost draw a correlation between the two...

My Modern Warfare 2 boycott will still continue this weekend even though it free. I will show them!

Also what kind of free weekend does not include a reduced price for the game?! I could have sworn if not all free weekends involved a price reduction with the respective game.

Eaten By A Grue said:
I remember my credit card bill being a lot smaller as well. One could almost draw a correlation between the two...

My Modern Warfare 2 boycott will still continue this weekend even though it free. I will show them!

Also what kind of free weekend does not include a reduced price for the game?! I could have sworn if not all free weekends involved a price reduction with the respective game.

I think they need to milk COD MW2 as much as possible since its probably is the last one with IW :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Eaten By A Grue said:

It's not the weekend yet so they haven't announced what the weekend deals would be. I'm still in shock that it's having a free weekend and possible sale as it took them ~2 years to do a sale on MW1 and even that only dropped it to 25$.

Javaman

Volcynika said:
It's no big deal.

Yes it is you noob. My world is collapsing into a void of despair!!

Maybe the Dead Space and Crysis:Warhead drops were meant to be middle of the week but the publisher didn't want to pay for the advertising.

Stallion Free said:
It's not the weekend yet so they haven't announced what the weekend deals would be. I'm still in shock that it's having a free weekend and possible sale as it took them ~2 years to do a sale on MW1 and even that only dropped it to 25$.

Are COD1, 2 and the expansion still $20 each? :lol

Lkr

holy shit, mw2 free weekend? they really need to entice people to play it instead of bad company 2 i think:lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Javaman said:
Are COD1, 2 and the expansion still $20 each? :lol

Yeah, but the pack is 30$. I think I pick it up around when they first came on Steam and I had money sitting around waiting to be used on making sure I wouldn't have to touch discs ever again.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
wow a free MW2 weekend. I have no interest in it but it will be interesting to see the numbers on steam during peak with how many people are playing it over the weekend.

Activision could get an insane amount of sales from it.

Love to try and belt out the SP over the weekend but as mentioned seems they're too tricky for that..

Still should be fun however, interesting to see how aggressively priced a weekend sale is (if it's happening at all). How many online fps players are likely to be interested at all, assuming they skipped MW2 as they had another Multiplayer game taking up their time?
Surely $20 is too cheap but is that what'll take?

Chris R

YuriLowell said:
for those having problems preloading.

Do this.

Switch back to regular Steam and get rid of the UI update. It will work fine.
Just don't then try to go back to the Beta. Stops and cancels the download :| I guess I can live with the ugly for the weekend if need be.

Nabs

YuriLowell said:
for those having problems preloading.

Do this.

Switch back to regular Steam and get rid of the UI update. It will work fine.

might want to wait before doing this. some people are having issues logging into steam after switching to the old ui.

Nabs said:
might want to wait before doing this. some people are having issues logging into steam after switching to the old ui.
Yeah... I just got hit with this crap. Even reinstalling didn't fix it. Friggin lame.

haha. i was going to say there was a client update but noticed the change log was from march 2 :lol. It was because is witched back to the old UI and then to BETA.

Joe Molotov

They better not be giving us a MW2 Free Weekend in lieu of a weekend sale. After no mid-week sale, I'm starting to get a little jittery.

neoism

Volcynika said:
No, they're $13.99!

But in more seriousness, they price-dropped permanently it seems.
damn should I even buy Warhead without even playing Crysis? Really wise I'd bought them both when it was 29

KiKaL

rohlfinator said:
Seems to be working, now I just have to copy all my games back over. :\

I did the same thing : / I wish I would have backed up my games recently. All the ones I want to play are newer so I didn't back them up

Oreoleo

Joe Molotov said:
They better not be giving us a MW2 Free Weekend in lieu of a weekend sale. After no mid-week sale, I'm starting to get a little jittery.
Activision is like a black hole of suck where no fun can escape.

KiKaL said:
I did the same thing : / I wish I would have backed up my games recently. All the ones I want to play are newer so I didn't back them up
Ouch, that sucks. :(

I copied off my steamapps directory before I reinstalled so I didn't have to redownload, but copying it all back was slow. It seemed to have crapped up my Just Cause 2 install somehow, too.

YuriLowell said:
weird I switched and was fine. Sorry if I messed anyone up!
No worries, that normally shouldn't cause any problems. From reading the Steam forums it sounds like Valve was having problems with one of their servers or something.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
graywolf323 said:
so what did anyone who already pre-purchased Lead & Gold and participate in the beta think of it? debating if it's worth $13.49

It's alright, I don't know how much longevity it will have as it's very very simple.

I'm surprised they still don't have this fixed. It acts like its fixed for a moment if you completely close Steam and then reopen and try the links, but nothing happens and it stops trying after a moment.

And since one of the quick client updates last night, two of my games last played in April now show as Last Played "cccc".

Sucks about the MW2 pre-load not working on the beta client right now, I seriously hope they fix it before tonight though, don't want to drop to the old UI again and it sounds like there is a chance my login will lock me out or something due to a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom