• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dynoro said:
Its in the UK too (at least if you are running the old UI)
the beta UI showed me the offer in the UK too but I have had to resort to dropping back to the old steam to download it, damn it looks rather bland now that I am use to the beta interface :lol

panda21

maybe something cool will happen when valve win this escapist developer thing? i think its announced today.
even though bioware are better

have they ever done sales like that before?

Zzoram

Visualante said:
Not pre-loading if they're too cheap to do a sale on the game.

Activision isn't cheap, it's just greedy. Everyone else with a free weekend puts their game on sale, but not Activision.

epmode

panda21 said:
maybe something cool will happen when valve win this escapist developer thing? i think its announced today.
even though bioware are better

have they ever done sales like that before?
Gordon Freeman won a poll with something like 55% of the vote. In response, Valve put all Half-Life games on sale for 55% off.

I'll just have my 3 days worth of fun and to compare it to the 360 version I have played a bit of, sort of interested to see if there are obvious hackers on the PC side of things after seeing all those youtube videos and shit :lol If they do have a sale it will be something light like £5 off or something, 25% at the most, which imo still isn't worth it.

mclem

epmode said:
Gordon Freeman won a poll with something like 55% of the vote. In response, Valve put all Half-Life games on sale for 55% off.

So if Valve get 99% of the vote...?

Cha-ching!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
For those using the beta UI, what's the latest update it got? The date on it.

I keep getting asked to install one from march 2nd and even when i do install it, it still asks me to update to it a few days later :lol

robatw

Prophet Steve said:
I still cannot preload mw2 (or is it load by now) on Steam, the link on the store page doesn't react.

same here..but as mentioned..it won't work with the beta UI..

I don't wanna switch back :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Volcynika said:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/41010/

Normally $19.99, 10% off = $17.99

Available: April 28th, 2010

I didn't enjoy TFE HD as much as I thought I would. :( While TSE is definitely the better of the two, I think I'll wait for a 50% discount.

speculawyer said:
Excellent. I was hoping for this.

The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom coming to Steam on April 20, 2010(PR)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20668894#post20668894

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/2K-Plays-The-Misadventures-of-bw-132524542.html?x=0&.v=1

Great! :D

Twig

Banned
Wooo Winterbottom! I was hoping/waiting for this!

(I won't buy it, yet, though. But I'm glad it's there for when I can!)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
epmode said:
And for anyone unfamiliar with recent SS1 updates, the dedicated server client has already been released.

They also released deathmatch for the game. I would be there day 1 as SS1HD is awesome (missed out on the originals, but I can appreciate old-school gameplay), but SS1 did a couple of sweet sales really soon after release and I suspect that this one will as well.

mrgone

b.e.r.g said:
I cant play MW2 if I'm on the new UI? Lame. Not impressed Valve, not impressed.

Time for a strongly worded letter! Tell them how you really feel about their beta software. Make sure you emphasize how disappointed you are, because that's what really gets them.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Wait there's a serious sam second encounter now? Thought it was only the first.

Tempted but also tempted to wait it out. I got the feeling #1 didnt' sell all that well which is why it was on special so bloody much, But i enjoyed the serious sam games years ago and croteam could go the full price.

2 weeks and 5 days to decide :lol

b.e.r.g

mrgone said:
Time for a strongly worded letter! Tell them how you really feel about their beta software. Make sure you emphasize how disappointed you are, because that's what really gets them.
Meh... posting it on gaf is enough.

panda21

i think the vote thing is over, Valve won with 50.3%, crushing Bioware by a whopping 0.6% :lol

maybe all Valve stuff for 0.6% of the price?

MoFuzz

panda21 said:
i think the vote thing is over, Valve won with 50.3%, crushing Bioware by a whopping 0.6% :lol

maybe all Valve stuff for 0.6% of the price?
Makes sense, since the last time there was a poll on Gamespot and Gordon Freeman was voted best hero they put up a big sale on all things Half-Life. More Steam sale goodness incoming...

2b7128.jpg

evlcookie said:
For those using the beta UI, what's the latest update it got? The date on it.

I keep getting asked to install one from march 2nd and even when i do install it, it still asks me to update to it a few days later :lol
It's updating you to the latest version but the the client doesn't show the release notes for beta updates. It just shows the latest release notes for the last non-beta update. You can see the release notes for beta updates here.

15% lol, that's not a sale that's an insult!

3 day trial is unlocked now.

*edit* and it doesn't work! some localization.txt isn't in the right folder, or something.

Everdred

Diablohead said:
15% lol, that's not a sale that's an insult!

3 day trial is unlocked now.

*edit* and it doesn't work! some localization.txt isn't in the right folder, or something.
You have to restart and then it will finally start downloading. It says updating but you're really downloading the whole thing.

Damn it... Approx hour and 12 minutes til finished :(

MoFuzz

Gexecuter said:
And people said that Activision was greedy, that's like ten dollars worth of savings!.... :lol
Nine dollars. Let's not get carried away here. Thinking you would get a whole ten dollars off. What's next, free maps? Tsk tsk.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
GotEmRunnin said:
Modern Warfare 2 is 15% off. You can get it for the low low price of 50.99 usd.
:lol
Or if you are australian the even lower price of $76.49.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom