• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
In my ~hour of playing MW2 I encountered host switch 3 times (and one time I was gunning down a person when that happened), a fair amount of lag (pumping a full round into my opponent and I still don't get a kill), and a hacker with an aimbot. The game is fun, but the PC version is the ultimate definition of 'wasted potential'.

vocab

Archie said:
In my ~hour of playing MW2 I encountered host switch 3 times (and one time I was gunning down a person when that happened), a fair amount of lag (pumping a full round into my opponent and I still don't get a kill), and a hacker with an aimbot. The game is fun, but the PC version is the ultimate definition of 'wasted potential'.

But Iwnet and Vac are unbeatable! How can anyone can say that with a straight face?

benjipwns

Banned
One game I played had a guy using a speed hack that caused him to zoom around the map at 500mph and creating this ripple effect of lag on anyone nearby. He claimed it was a "level 75" perk. (Watching killcam was hilarious, as was when he came charging straight at me and I just unloaded my rail gun into him and he called me a "fucking faggot n00b" for it.)

Since IWNet prevented hacking I must assume poor game design on IW's part.

Red Scarlet

Are there any free games that are easy to add to a new user's list? Someone I know decided to get Steam to blab, but it looks like he needs a game in order to chat on there. Demos/free weekend stuff doesn't count it looks like. Tried Synergy but he needs HL2 for that, so I'm out of ideas.

Parham

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Are there any free games that are easy to add to a new user's list? Someone I know decided to get Steam to blab, but it looks like he needs a game in order to chat on there. Demos/free weekend stuff doesn't count it looks like. Tried Synergy but he needs HL2 for that, so I'm out of ideas.
If he has an ATI or Nvidia video card, he can get Half-Life 2: Lost Coast and Half Life 2: Deathmatch for free. If he doesn't, he could probably download Trackmania Nations, as Lumine suggested.

Red Scarlet said:
Peggle Extreme.

Space War (no one plays it though . . . I think it is just a demo to help developers).

Rubezh

Left 4 Dead 2 is now £20 in the UK but it's not down as a special offer. Strangely, Left 4 Dead 1 is still £25. I hope it's a permanent drop but I doubt it.

Aw damn. The MW2 banner that popped up got me to start downloading it again.

Well I'm stuck with the taint so I might as well at least give it a try.

Joe Molotov

LOL, I was playing The Maw and I get hit by a laser turret and it blasted me off the map.

rbcttv.jpg

Volcynika

Can't believe that many people jumped in at such an awful, awful "deal". (Though the thing is revenue based, so the smaller games have to sell much more to match one of those)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Volcynika said:
Can't believe that many people jumped in at such an awful, awful "deal". (Though the thing is revenue based, so the smaller games have to sell much more to match one of those)

It's a tremendous amount of game content that (if you play and enjoy all three modes) is easily worth the price. I dropped 50$ on BC2 and all I got was a multiplayer game, what's wrong with dropping 51-60$ on a game that has that that AND a singleplayer campaign that isn't shit, AND a fucking awesome co-op mode that has unique content?

Volcynika

Stallion Free said:
It's a tremendous amount of game content that (if you play and enjoy all three modes) is easily worth the price. I dropped 50$ on BC2 and all I got was a multiplayer game, what's wrong with dropping 51-60$ on a game that has that that AND a singleplayer campaign that isn't shit, AND a fucking awesome co-op mode that has unique content?

Because it's still an awful deal. The game's been out for 5 months and people consider waiting this long is worth only $9 off?

IMACOMPUTA

Stallion Free said:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 has a good single player. I enjoyed it a lot more than CODMW2's.

I liked CODMW1's better than both though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Volcynika said:
Because it's still an awful deal. The game's been out for 5 months and people consider waiting this long is worth only $9 off?

People are jumping on the deal because they got to try it out this weekend for free and were convinced that it isn't the piece of shit that Gaf thinks it is and that it is actually quite good.

IMACOMPUTA said:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 has a good single player. I enjoyed it a lot more than CODMW2's.

I liked CODMW1's better than both though.

Does the BC2 single player get better? I only played the prologue and the snow level and couldn't stand it and I'm usually more of a SP than MP type of person. I really liked MW and MW2 though.

kuYuri

Volcynika said:

The game was $40 at retail some weeks back, and since it ties to your Steam account, there's not much of an excuse to not buy it from retail. The truth is that no matter how low the price goes, most people on GAF won't buy it out of principle and/or because it doesn't support the same features as CoD4.

Besides, do you really think the price is going to go down so soon? How long did it take CoD4 to drop?

DigiMish

Strider2K99 said:
The game was $40 at retail some weeks back, and since it ties to your Steam account, there's not much of an excuse to not buy it from retail. The truth is that no matter how low the price goes, most people on GAF won't buy it out of principle and/or because it doesn't support the same features as CoD4.

Besides, do you really think the price is going to go down so soon? How long did it take CoD4 to drop?

Probably meant to use least.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
VGChampion said:
Does the BC2 single player get better? I only played the prologue and the snow level and couldn't stand it and I'm usually more of a SP than MP type of person. I really liked MW and MW2 though.

It gets worse and worse. The only decent part is the first couple levels.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
People are jumping on the deal because they got to try it out this weekend for free and were convinced that it isn't the piece of shit that Gaf thinks it is and that it is actually quite good.
no one on gaf thinks it's a piece of shit

well a few people do, but there's people like that for every game

but most whoa re avoiding it are doing so because it's a shitty PC game missing PC features that are important to most fans of PC games

get your facts straight, buddy-boy

CryptiK

Twig said:
no one on gaf thinks it's a piece of shit

well a few people do, but there's people like that for every game

but most whoa re avoiding it are doing so because it's a shitty PC game missing PC features that are important to most fans of PC games

get your facts straight, buddy-boy
that and its a piece of shit :D. Should have never been developed

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:

It isn't a shitty PC game. Try playing it some time. And get your facts straight, buddy-boy.

Volcynika

Strider2K99 said:

I'm not talking in terms of GAF, I'm talking generally. And it's not "so soon" to expect a (even temporary) price drop to even match that of a standard retail PC game, and they're able to do this with the game and the original MW because people lap it up like dogs, and because well they're Activision.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
It isn't a shitty PC game. Try playing it some time. And get your facts straight, buddy-boy.
It most certainly is a shitty PC game. It's missing key important features that I like in my PC games (especially in this genre), and there's no chance of them ever getting patched in. I am not saying it's a bad game by any means. But it is a shitty PC game.

P.S., you're really bad at this whole trolling thing.

CryptiK

Stallion Free said:
it is its missing all PC features its a console port that should have never been ported.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Not really, but ok.
Uh-huh.

I really have to question why you're so fucking invested in whether or not people like this game. It's great that you do - I'm happy for you! - but why should you care if I don't?

Seriously.

P.S., I hope this doesn't ruin our relationship. You know I love you. Smoochie smoochie!

Stallion Free said:
The game has been out for a long time . . . you can buy it for less at retail.

Firestorm

Stallion Free said:
Uh, it's Modern Warfare 2 in that screen. Not Modern Warfare.

Truespeed

Hey people, just because you hate the company doesn't mean to need to hate the game. MW2 was one of the best games of 2009. Accept it and get over it.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Truespeed said:
Hey people, just because you hate the company doesn't mean to need to hate the game.

:lol

Stop it. I know plenty of people who didn't like CoD4 either, myself included. Not everyone dislikes the game because of Activision or IW's recent treatment of PC gamers.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:
I really have to question why you're so fucking invested in whether or not people like this game. It's great that you do - I'm happy for you! - but why should you care if I don't

I care because all my buddies bought BC2 day one and all they ever did was talk shit about MW2, just like a lot of people in this thread, and then this free weekend came around and they all ate crow/had a blast. I just get sick of people hating on the game without ever having even played it.

markot

Banned
All MW2 purchase use steam works and it is only available on DD via Steam.

Im not sure if retail purchases count to the 'best sellarrrrrrrrrrrrrs' bit, probably dont.

But BFBC2 is sold on every single DD outlet and EAs own store online.

>_<

Gee I wonder why one is higher on steam eh? I must use my physics and maths and geometry to deduce it!

Firestorm

Truespeed said:
Hey people, just because you hate the company doesn't mean to need to hate the game. MW2 was one of the best games of 2009. Accept it and get over it.
Have you played the two single player campaigns? The first MW had one of my favourite moments in a game ever. MW2 I had to stop playing after three levels because I was getting bored out of my mind.

markot

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I care because all my buddies bought BC2 day one and all they ever did was talk shit about MW2, just like a lot of people in this thread, and then this free weekend came around and they all ate crow/had a blast. I just get sick of people hating on the game without ever having even played it.
Ergo: Act like an ass!

makes sense to me!

CryptiK

Firestorm said:
Have you played the two single player campaigns? The first MW had one of my favourite moments in a game ever. MW2 I had to stop playing after three levels because I was getting bored out of my mind.
QTF

it was just completely horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom