• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What game do you guys have the most hours in, do you look back on it as a waste?

For me, 850 hours in TF2. How?

I didn't feel like I was playing it that much, and then I randomly looked at it and it was well over 700 hours. To be honest, I don't even like shooters that much.... Well, the Spy is OK.

w+m1 4ever

Nzyme32

Finished episode 3 of the wolf among us. The episode is great, as I have come to expect from telltale. However, I can't help but feel these episodes are just a bit too much on the short side. I am exploring everything and hearing all the dialogue and still clocking just shy of 1hr 30mins, and that end comes just as I am getting immersed in the game after such a gap between episodes. This was not the case for the walking dead season 1 which clocked in between 2hrs and 3hrs, feeling like a very satisfying end to the episode. Achievements make this time disparity very noticeable as they pop up frequently and signify the ever approaching end.

Possibly the weirdest and most frustrating thing I found in this episode that I haven't experienced in any other (without spoiling anything) was a conversation that specifically seems to be asking for your input but provides no answers that even remotely resemble what I was thinking. Normally in a character driven situation this is normal, but this was specifically looking towards the thoughts that were essentially tied to the player. It completely took me out of the game and feeling of being involved as I had to answer thoughts that I simply didn't want to say or agree with.

With all that said, I still full recommend these episodes of the wolf among us, despite the feeling that season 1 of the walking dead had the length down perfectly. It may be best if you think you will have an issue with episode length and immersion, to simply wait for all of them to be available and binge. While I suspect this is what I would enjoy most, and surely will do on replays later on, being desperate to have more stories and adventures will out weigh the desire to have a more immersive experience

Chronoja

After the Heartbleed security matter, I've changed Steam password, Steam secret question, and unauthorized all the Steam Guarded PCs.

Then I saw Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut with a whopping 85% discount and I went immediately to buy it along with Nethergate: Resurrection and PA Precipice of Darkness 4.

And here it is the curious matter: Steam asked me for a payment method totally ignoring the previous one. Did the same happened to anyone?

I went on with the new payment method without trobules... I checked the market and Steam didn't limit me there either, letting me to purchase / sell anything, while it usually blocked me for "security checks" when I changed the payment method before...

Is it a normal behaviour? Is it happening because I've resetted pw / etc?

PS: Happy birthday MRORANGE!

Aye, I did the same and had to re-enter my payment details. Seems like a standard thing.

Tellaerin

What game do you guys have the most hours in, do you look back on it as a waste?

It's not a Steam game, but it'd have to be be Phantasy Star Portable 2 for PSP at ~700+ hours.

no_ragretspss62.jpg

Team Fortress 2 ~ 2376 hours.
Dota 2 ~ 1567 hours.

TF2's total was wracked up over a four to five year period. Dota 2 I've only been playing for about a year, which is kind of scary. I don't consider time enjoyed as time wasted. I don't really watch television, video games are my guilty pleasure.

styl3s

TF2outpost. Unless you mean region wise and then it doesn't matter because the game isn't locked (Thanks Jasec!).

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/19084347

That guy has several for 3 keys each -- a little more expensive than 7.02, but still under $10 if you don't mind buying 3 TF2 keys and using his dispenser bot.
I was about to go buy 3 keys but apparently i can't use the community market because i added funds from a "new method" even though it's the same goddamn visa card i have been using on steam for a year now.

ugh.. thanks anyways i will keep my eye on that site for trades and stuff once steam stops being stupid.

JustinBB7

Finished episode 3 of the wolf among us. The episode is great, as I have come to expect from telltale. However, I can't help but feel these episodes are just a bit too much on the short side. I am exploring everything and hearing all the dialogue and still clocking just shy of 1hr 30mins, and that end comes just as I am getting immersed in the game after such a gap between episodes. This was not the case for the walking dead season 1 which clocked in between 2hrs and 3hrs, feeling like a very satisfying end to the episode. Achievements make this time disparity very noticeable as they pop up frequently and signify the ever approaching end.

Possibly the weirdest and most frustrating thing I found in this episode that I haven't experienced in any other (without spoiling anything) was a conversation that specifically seems to be asking for your input but provides no answers that even remotely resemble what I was thinking. Normally in a character driven situation this is normal, but this was specifically looking towards the thoughts that were essentially tied to the player. It completely took me out of the game and feeling of being involved as I had to answer thoughts that I simply didn't want to say or agree with.

With all that said, I still full recommend these episodes of the wolf among us, despite the feeling that season 1 of the walking dead had the length down perfectly. It may be best if you think you will have an issue with episode length and immersion, to simply wait for all of them to be available and binge. While I suspect this is what I would enjoy most, and surely will do on replays later on, being desperate to have more stories and adventures will out weigh the desire to have a more immersive experience

Yea I agree, this ep was great, best so far of the season, but that damn short length really ruins it. I said the same thing in the OT, WD season 1 were all 2 hours+ and wolf among us so far is only getting 1 hour and a half eps..

Really wish they were longer, but at least what we get is really good I guess.

Happy Birthday Mr O [sweet dreams].

also completely off topic but I need to vent, my mom called me and aparently some cunt stole her ipad. I was so pissed off I actually went off on her on the phone (because she was using it on a bench waiting for the bus and some fucker just grabbed it out of her hands and ran, using it in public like that, especially in a bench... not the smartest idea), but now that ive cooled down I feel like complete SHIT for going off on her, shes always glued to her ipad and I know shes gutted. Gotta buy her a new one soon, at least the one she had (the non-air) is cheaper these days.

also I hope all thieves get run over by cars and die, sorry, but I do.

:( Sorry man.

XCOM EU 600 hours
FTL 200 hours

A waste?! Good God no! I enjoyed every minute and playing them saved me from playing some of the crap in my backlog that seemed like I would enjoy it when I added it but irritated my tits off when I actually played it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Civ V, 215 hours. Civ games, a waste? Hah!

If I had a Steam account back when I played nothing but Civ IV for months straight, it would easily reach into the 600's, and likely the upper 900's. So many hours spent playing Civ IV, especially the Rhye's and Fall mod, that could have went to something else. Living the dream

derExperte

Yea I agree, this ep was great, best so far of the season, but that damn short length really ruins it. I said the same thing in the OT, WD season 1 were all 2 hours+ and wolf among us so far is only getting 1 hour and a half eps..

The WD S2 episodes are very short too, I thought 400 Days would be an exception but it looks like 1.5hrs is the normal length now. And on top WD isn't nearly as good as it was. Haven't played the newest Wolf episode but I think I prefer that series right now.

styl3s

Are you sure all of WD S1 were 2+? Because i remember it only taking me maybe 90 minutes to beat the first 3 episodes. I think the only one that took me 2+ was the final episode, 4 almost took me 2 hours.

derExperte

Are you sure all of WD S1 were 2+? Because i remember it only taking me maybe 90 minutes to beat the first 3 episodes. I think the only one that took me 2+ was the final episode, 4 almost took me 2 hours.

I have 15.9 hours on record including 400 Days. So over 2.5 hours per episode if I consider replaying one part of 400 for an achievement (though as it was a shorter episode some of the others may have taken me even up to 3hrs). They were longer if you explored a little which you can't do anymore.

maneil99

Just bought a copy of Wargame Red Dragon for myself fro ma seller, it didn't appear region locked but I can't add it to my inventory : This item cannot be added to your library because it is restricted from your country.

He has good rep and nobody else has complained, any ideas.

MUnited83

For you.
Just bought a copy of Wargame Red Dragon for myself fro ma seller, it didn't appear region locked but I can't add it to my inventory : This item cannot be added to your library because it is restricted from your country.

He has good rep and nobody else has complained, any ideas.

Added AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting – false - 19 minutes ago

You have some horrible, horrible luck.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Forgot to comment that I finished Arkham Blackgate yesterday.
It's quite short but enjoyable if you like the genre, but the combat sucks, it didn't translate at all, but I did like the boss fights though. Also liked the stories of the detective cases, and in that and all the scanning it's *very* reminiscent of Metroid Prime. Still have to finish it 2 more times to get everything, which will be absurdly easy because
I got the Blackest Night suit

I've been told they fixed that, and now they charge us in dollars. I even heard they charge us less than in US. Haven't bothered to check that myself though, because I don't plan on buying any Origin game
at least until Mirror's Edge 2 is released.
Well, just checked and it's true!
Holy carp Have you seen Titanfall for $40? (Deluxe Digital Edition for $53)

Yes, and don't forget Mozambique and Angola but seriously, Valve should implement already other south american currencies in the store.
I don't care much about the currency as long as we get price parity with the ones that force us to be locked :/

JustinBB7

The WD S2 episodes are very short too, I thought 400 Days would be an exception but it looks like 1.5hrs is the normal length now. And on top WD isn't nearly as good as it was. Haven't played the newest Wolf episode but I think I prefer that series right now.

Yea WD S2 is short too, it really sucks. It must be because they are working on 4 series at the same time now.

Maybe you were fast, my times were all pretty much on par with everybody else give or take 5/10 mins:

Ep 1 - 2 and a half hours
Ep 2 - 2 and a half hours
Ep 3 - 2 and a half hours
Ep 4 - 2 and a half hours
Ep 5 - 1 and a half hour

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10250

DukeBobby

Episode 4 of The Walking Dead dragged like a motherfucker, though.

Man, what a boring episode. 5 was also very short (about an hour).

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
So I reset my password and steamguard and I have no access to the steam market for 7 days, what's weird is that I did that 12 hours ago and I can't use the market since the last hour. :/

Quick! You only have 30 seconds to claim this one!

It's the first one!, not the second one. Modbot is slightly confused.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Minute Hero -- MB-DBBC824C59BEAB46 - Taken by NaM

r3n4ud

It is funny how many of us are around the same age and how many birthdays we have stacked up pretty close here.

I'm a little older than some of you guys, being 34. But damn do I feel older since my oldest daughter just received her license today, lol.

---

Happy birfday Mr. Orange. Hope you have a great one!

oipic

Well it's Wednesday over here and it's my birthday.

aVAHktj.jpg

Turning 25 feels old man.

Old? Pffft! Happy Birthday, mate - you are indeed valued SteamGAF royalty, Monsieur d'Orange, and if anyone can indulge in a cute birthday cat pic, it's you. Enjoy your day, good Sir. :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The hell is this supposed to be?

KJj61Aw.jpg

No it's not as you now only need to remember one strong password and can use different, long and random ones for every single website (which is absolutely necessary these days). And Keepass is secure, it's been around over 10 years, is open source, employs known encryption methods and many, many people use it. Way more secure than our brains or writing down weak passwords.
Mmm I'll have to look into that. Though if you forget the Keepass password you're screwed, right?

neoemonk

Old? Pffft! Happy Birthday, mate - you are indeed valued SteamGAF royalty, Monsieur d'Orange, and if anyone can indulge in a cute birthday cat pic, it's you. Enjoy your day, good Sir. :)

My birthday was almost two weeks ago but I just turned 36.

GET OFF MY LAWN

maneil99

How long do you think valve will take to response to this? Any chance they unregion lock the game, I was 4 minutes from getting it and they had no tags...

Edit: who am I kidding its valve not Origin.

Can't even buy other games I want on the market. Fuck you Valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom