• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bardbarian is ... not that bad.

Kind of action tower defense as you summon units and move around trying to stop the orc things from breaking your crystal.

Lots of upgrades, some nice enough graphics, no real collision detection to speak of.... you could do worse.

Well it's Wednesday over here and it's my birthday.

aVAHktj.jpg

Turning 25 feels old man.

Happy birthday, sir!

Random thoughts:
(1) Anyone "speed" through the 2nd/3rd playthroughs of Blackgate HD? I'm wondering how long it would take me to fly through the game just to get the other 2 paths (and get some extra Playfire credit and make the game 100% done).
(2) Wei Fuckin' Shen. I'm liking Sleeping Dogs. The collective seems to have been mostly right on this one.
(3) Halo: Spartan Assault might be the most fun I've EVER had with a Halo game.

derExperte

From Steam's newsfeed:

Daily Deal - Sanctum 2, 90% Off
Announcement - Valve
Today's Deal: Save 90% on Sanctum 2!*

Look for the deals each day on the front page of Steam. Or follow us on twitter or Facebook for instant notifications wherever you are!

*Offer ends Sunday at 10AM Pacific Time

Is this an old deal we had before? If not we know what's coming soon.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Random thoughts:
(1) Anyone "speed" through the 2nd/3rd playthroughs of Blackgate HD? I'm wondering how long it would take me to fly through the game just to get the other 2 paths (and get some extra Playfire credit and make the game 100% done).

The 2nd and 3rd speedruns took me a little over 4 hours each. Then there was another hour or so wrapping up the casefiles which were kinda annoying.

It's nice to be able to leave my computer and not find five new pages when I come back. I can actually keep up with a Steam thread now.

Any sales coming up? Is there a spring sale usually, or an Easter sale?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It's nice to be able to leave my computer for my computer and not find five new pages when I was come back. I can actually keep up with a Steam thread now.

steam-indie-spring-sale.jpg

There was this last year, but usually, no, at least not to my knowledge.

The 2nd and 3rd speedruns took me a little over 4 hours each. Then there was another hour or so wrapping up the casefiles which were kinda annoying.

Hmmm, how speedy were you being?
I have everything else done... I did it before finishing playthrough 1. Seriously, all I need is to finish the game two more times.

Zia

ModBot said:
Instructions for Zia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-FC4E2161D51DB772 - Taken by fuzzy123

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hmmm, how speedy were you being?
I have everything else done... I did it before finishing playthrough 1. Seriously, all I need is to finish the game two more times.

I was doing it about as optimized as I could based on my memory of the previous runs. Switching the boss order makes makes things a bit confusing though lol.

Huh, To the Moon has cards now.

Yup! I should actually finish the game; especially since it doesn't seem like a very long game. I like the music :D Oh, and for people who have finished the game, they actually released a mini-episode for it: http://freebirdgames.com/2013/12/31/to-the-moon-holiday-special-releas/ You can access it by navigating to where the files for the game are stored; it is in a folder along with the main game. [steamapps\common\To the Moon\To the Moon\SigCorp - Holiday Special (Bonus Game)]

I was doing it about as optimized as I could based on my memory of the previous runs. Switching the boss order makes makes things a bit confusing though lol.

Since I took out the Industrial last my first time, I started in on there as fast as possible... I'm already through the sub boss, but then I stopped playing and started working on other playfire rewards games. ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ricochet, of all things, was added to the PAX East sub. Maybe Valve really is working on Ricochet 2!

JaseC should start working at Steam Support. So short and concrete answers.

That's the dream.

Well it's Wednesday over here and it's my birthday.

aVAHktj.jpg

Turning 25 feels old man.

Happy b'day, you old orange.

From Steam's newsfeed:

Is this an old deal we had before? If not we know what's coming soon.

The lowest it's been is 85% off.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It's nice to be able to leave my computer and not find five new pages when I come back. I can actually keep up with a Steam thread now.

Wait what happened that that doesn't happen anymore?

Or is it just luck :(

Amzin

I'm heading to bed, but asking anyway and hopefully the wise sages will have an answer when I wake up:

With Playfire rewards, I'm not using the Vulcan client (currently). If I unlock an achievement less than 3 hours from a rewards expiration and they don't register it until after the reward expires, do I get it because I unlocked it earlier anyway, or does it actually have to scan it in before the expiration time hits? I don't want to install the client just because I'm unlocking two achieves at the last minute tomorrow after work :p

On a possibly related note, for some reason today Playfire gave me reward credit for a bunch of Arkham City, TF2, and Sleeping Dog achievements, which I had earned well before I even registered for Playfire. Considering it was like $6 worth and all at once I'm worried it'll look like a SAM-thing? I thought Playfire wouldn't credit you for achievements previously earned? I appreciate the free money but don't want my account flagged cause it bugged out!

Thanks for the wisdom when I awaken!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Random thoughts:
(2) Wei Fuckin' Shen. I'm liking Sleeping Dogs. The collective seems to have been mostly right on this one.
(3) Halo: Spartan Assault might be the most fun I've EVER had with a Halo game.
1) I'm just about to start it, but the game was pretty short though so hopefully would be faster
(would be even better if NG+ carried upgrades :lol )
2) Sleepy Dawgs is GOTY 2012.

Uh, so not that much shorter (I clocked about 6 hours the first time, and besides some case files I got everything else).

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Lateish, but happy birthday MRORANGE! Thanks for the giveaway!

Also, that moment when you go to sell cards on the market, but have all of your Steam Guard enabled sessions reset because of the heartbleed, and the computer that didn't get reset is also too new to use the market. what do I do with my To The Moon cards now D:

1) I'm just about to start it, but the game was pretty short though so hopefully would be faster
(would be even better if NG+ carried upgrades :lol )
2) Sleepy Dawgs is GOTY 2012.

Uh, so not that much shorter (I clocked about 6 hours the first time, and besides some case files I got everything else).

If you know what you're doing, I think you can clock under 3 -- I don't think I have more than an hour or so and I just took down my first major boss.

_hekk05

Banned
23 this year. I guess I'm still young huh haha

I feel like I'm already 30 though. Whippersnappers everywhere wearing school uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom