• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been more than 48 hours.

To my knowledge, I've never launched Dwarves?! Maaaaybe I've launched Dear Esther, but I'm not sure. System Shock 2, I've got time in.

Do other things credit to your account?
Do you use the same email for GMG and playfire?
I know I don't get credit for games I may have launched before, including those I've idled for cards. Someone in here was going to test to see if resetting your stats with SAM would make it qualify for the "launch first time" achievement rewards, but I don't now if they ever did. I don't care enough to get them most of the time as I've idled a good part of my library to farm the cards. :)

--

Speaking of, thanks for reminding me to "first time" Dear Esther.
35 minutes later and the game is complete. Another one off the backlog... I do not have anything positive to say about it other than "some of the environments are well modeled/rendered".

...I won Broforce, thank you StAidan!

Figures a jaBROni like you would walk off with it. :p

Speaking of BROs.. why isn't BROFORCE on the BROBOX 360 or the BROBOX ONE?

didamangi

Strike Suit Zero Director's Cut can be gifted even if you have the 85% off discount for owning the original game, so that's pretty cool.

And hey, there's still a free Ravensword unclaimed here if any of you want to +1 your steam count or inexplicably interested in playing it.

chugen

lvR1b5p.jpg

65cmsJW.gif

DocSeuss

Do other things credit to your account?
Do you use the same email for GMG and playfire?
I know I don't get credit for games I may have launched before, including those I've idled for cards. Someone in here was going to test to see if resetting your stats with SAM would make it qualify for the "launch first time" achievement rewards, but I don't now if they ever did. I don't care enough to get them most of the time as I've idled a good part of my library to farm the cards. :)

I do use the same email for both, yes. Only two things have credited. I feel like I should have more, but I can't really check.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Syder Arcade -- MB-E28D07B217738E0D - Taken by alr1ght
Savant Ascent -- MB-9A6995E9F148C0D3 - Taken by BernardoOne

Nzyme32

Wolf Among Us on Gamefly appears to not give a Steam key? http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-the-wolf-among-us/5006861

I didn't know Telltale had their own DRM

I think it is the same as the one telltale sell on their own store. They have some pretty bad issues with updating the new episodes on those versions if I recall correctly. Except for this episode where I didn't check, they have had an issue with each episode. Not sure if gamefly will have those issue or not though

Yeah, I just noticed that Steam is giving me a key for the Harley Quinn DLC, not the base game.

So what am I supposed to put into the Securom prompt? Why is it even showing up, it was removed.

As I understand it if you're installing vanilla Arkham City, SecuROM isn't removed, nor is GFWL. The GotY edition has SecuROM and GFWL replaced with Steamworks.

MUnited83

For you.
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Syder Arcade -- MB-E28D07B217738E0D - Taken by alr1ght
Savant Ascent -- MB-9A6995E9F148C0D3 - Taken by BernardoOne
Thanks!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Has anyone played King Arthur's Gold? Does it require an account? I created an account on kag2d.com in order to get my key through an indie bundle, but I'd rather delete my account there if it has no in-game use.

Has anyone played King Arthur's Gold? Does it require an account? I created an account on kag2d.com in order to get my key through an indie bundle, but I'd rather delete my account there if it has no in-game use.

Just checked and I'm pretty sure the end release uses your steam account.

JustinBB7

Just finished Metro: Last Light, damn good game.

I crashed once though and I think my total playtime is off on Steam, at least I finished the game about 4 hours earlier than most people compared on howlongtobeat.com.. which seems really off.

Is there a way to check the playtime on my save file somehow maybe? Anybody know?

Backlogger

I think it is the same as the one telltale sell on their own store. They have some pretty bad issues with updating the new episodes on those versions if I recall correctly. Except for this episode where I didn't check, they have had an issue with each episode. Not sure if gamefly will have those issue or not though

Hmm. Boo.

I'd rather get the Steam version, so I guess I will spend a few extra bucks to do so

JustinBB7

Hmm. Boo.

I'd rather get the Steam version, so I guess I will spend a few extra bucks to do so

Steam version is worth it. It's the most hassle/problem free version of Telltale games I think. Always releases on time and on the first possible day.

That aside it's a damn fine game too. Never read the comics but I will after this series is done.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Looks like the server Modbot is hosted on is temporarily down. If you experience delays in getting a response this afternoon or evening, now you know why.

The Wolf Among Us is pretty average so far. Chapter 1 was fine, but I skipped 2 and stopped playing halfway through 3. I just find it boring and I'm a huge Fables fan. I think the Walking Dead had the player make choices about characters living or dying, and when that's gone, there's just not a lot of agency or consequence left. I also feel like Bigby says whatever the scene needs rather than what I choose, very annoying.

Cheddahz

Banned
The Wolf Among Us is pretty average so far. Chapter 1 was fine, but I skipped 2 and stopped playing halfway through 3. I just find it boring and I'm a huge Fables fan. I think the Walking Dead had the player make choices about characters living or dying, and when that's gone, there's just not a lot of agency or consequence left. I also feel like Bigby says whatever the scene needs rather than what I choose, very annoying.

Why would you skip the second episode?

JustinBB7

You skip an entire episode and stop halfway through the third? ...wat?

They're an hour and a half long, why not finish it?

Ep 3 ending related spoiler:
you even get to decide a death or not at the end of 3 which is what you seem to want

Kinda bored of Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls (4 lvl 70's and don't find the end-game really all that rewarding or fun to play) so I decided to give Grim Dawn a chance. This is my first Early Access game, last time I read up about Grim Dawn I think they only had the first two Acts completed. It will be interesting to see where it's at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom