• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, so there's no easy way to get to the missing link DLC in DXHR director's cut and im kinda bummed about it. I guess I'll set the game to easy and brute force my way to it. It's really the only reason I got the DC version seeing as i had already played through the game and now i gotta go through it again. I guess it goes to the back of my backlog.

Dr Dogg

Bah, for some reason Murdered: Soul Suspect's base price on Nuuvem is BRL$115; that's BRL$30 higher than on Steam. Hopefully it comes down closer to release but I'm not holding my breath.

Amazon.co.uk keep pestering me about it with a price of £21.85 which is about R$80. I'm sure somewhere like GMG, GamersGate or GetGames will try and get close to it. Though it's looking like it's going to plummet in price pretty quickly though don't know about any exclusive preorder goodies you might be after.

fantomena

Holy shit, one of Norways biggest newapapers have written on their front page "Norwegian government: People change your password"

It's about this heartbleed/openSSL security leak.

I can't thank GAF enough for pushing me to change my password 2 days ago.

NeoGAF <3

http://www.vg.no/forbruker/teknolog...gheter-bytt-alle-nett-passord-naa/a/10130428/

Norwegian authorities are now warning against what could be the biggest security disaster in internet history. Council: Change all your passwords - with a single time.

Several hundred thousand websites - among them probably more of the world's most popular online stores, email clients, cloud and other pages you probably use regularly and have left usernames, passwords, credit card details and other sensitive information - can be hit by the giant sikkerhetsglippen became known yesterday.

Man, so there's no easy way to get to the missing link DLC in DXHR director's cut and im kinda bummed about it. I guess I'll set the game to easy and brute force my way to it. It's really the only reason I got the DC version seeing as i had already played through the game and now i gotta go through it again. I guess it goes to the back of my backlog.

Wow really? The fac that it had its own spot on my Steam list always made me think you could launch right into it. That sucks.

Wow really? The fac that it had its own spot on my Steam list always made me think you could launch right into it. That sucks.

They fully integrated it into the game for the Director's Cut, so it's now reached about 80% of the way through the game rather than accessed as a separate .exe

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
How quickly should my Playfire "Overview" section update? Instantly? I'm showing no activity for over a week.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how they would give thousands of steam keys for those who voted it on Greenlight and join their steam group..

Is it bad that I still want to buy Motte Island at some point? It actually looks kinda interesting, though that campaign was more than a little off putting.

I've been keeping the Rain World thread updated so if you want to learn more, there's a bunch of info and gameplay there

Thanks for the link. I'll definitely keep my eye on the game.

We have an emergency, GAF. There is not enough bro in this thread. Therefore, I am distributing another copy of Broforce.

This game is hilarious fun. The bros are hilarious, plus there are more coming.

I thought no game could ever match Marlow Briggs in terms of the sheer magnitude and frequency of explosions... i was wrong. I was so, so wrong.

Broforce, take a bow.

These two plus Just Cause 2 are the top tier of explosive games. I wonder if goat simulator can have a map created filled solely with petrol stations and petrol tanks.

Halo CE will always be my favourite. I don't even think Bungie themselves knew how to do a campaign as good as the first game after it released. It was truly a flash in the pan just like the multiplayer in 2 was a flash in the pan as well. Never enjoyed other Halo games as much as those 2.

My first real experience with Halo was Halo 3. I played it and finished it solo on the difficulty level right below Legendary. I tried the multiplayer and never made it out of basic training because there was 1-2 other people in there and one guy just kept abusing shields to camp out and kill me. I played through Reach on Legendary (and got all non multiplayer achievements). I think I played a little bit of the split screen deathmatch in Halo 2 at someone's house once, but I'm assuming it's more fun if you have your own full screen and are connected via network... and even then, I wasn't feeling it.

How quickly should my Playfire "Overview" section update? Instantly? I'm showing no activity for over a week.

Mine updates about once a day.

I don't think Playfire likes me. Stuff like "play Dear Esther or System Shock 2 for the first time" isn't unlocking.

It isn't just you, I gather this "play for the first time" achievemts do not always work as they're supposed to.
By the way you may have to wait 24 hours, at least since I started this thing that is how long I have been waiting for my achievements to be triggered and logged into my account.

Tellaerin

Bah, for some reason Murdered: Soul Suspect's base price on Nuuvem is BRL$115; that's BRL$30 higher than on Steam. Hopefully it comes down closer to release but I'm not holding my breath.

I know this is totally off-topic, but why's Saoirse doing the Scarjo sexyface in your current avatar pic?

image.php

Not that I have a problem with that or anything! It's just an unusual pose to see her in.

It isn't just you, I gather this "play for the first time" achievemts do not always work as they're supposed to.
By the way you may have to wait 24 hours, at least since I started this thing that is how long I have been waiting for my achievements to be logged into my account.

And you guys have NEVER booted those games before? EVER?
No idling for System Shock 2 cards, for example?

--

Anyone here played They Bleed Pixels?
Got any tips for how to make a 20x combo?
I'm guessing I need to just get 4 or 5 scrub enemies bunched up and then do the launch/juggle attacks.

I have had The ship in my account for some time as it had been gifted to me but I never got to even install it; when I saw there was a reward for playing it for the first time I took the oppurtinity to try it, and I installed The ship tutorial, The ship sincle player and The ship, and I have launched and played all of them, no achievement for me.

On the other hand on th same day I started playing Psychonauts as well, and that one has been triggered.

Anyone having issues with Steam trade offers? Mine don't seem to load right now. Of course it would happen as I'm making a bunch of card trades. :(

Edit: Looks like badges are borked as well. Bah.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
changed my store passowrds but Im not gonna bother with all the fucking videogame shit like past mmos or kalypso accounts or any of that

hack those away see if I care :(

zkylon

zkylewd
I know this is totally off-topic, but why's Saoirse doing the Scarjo sexyface in your current avatar pic?

image.php

Not that I have a problem with that or anything! It's just an unusual pose to see her in.

yea she has this uh satisfied look to her heh

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Are securom CD Key for Batman Arkham City (non GOTY) not working anymore? The activation screen gives me an "Invalid key" error, same on the site with the other code.

DocSeuss

By the way you may have to wait 24 hours, at least since I started this thing that is how long I have been waiting for my achievements to be triggered and logged into my account.

It's been more than 48 hours.

No idling for System Shock 2 cards, for example?

--

Anyone here played They Bleed Pixels?
Got any tips for how to make a 20x combo?
I'm guessing I need to just get 4 or 5 scrub enemies bunched up and then do the launch/juggle attacks.

To my knowledge, I've never launched Dwarves?! Maaaaybe I've launched Dear Esther, but I'm not sure. System Shock 2, I've got time in.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
G2A is, as far as I understand, an unlicensed reseller. This means they either buy retail copies and resell the keys exploiting regional pricing, buy shady keys, or steal keys. The company who makes the game you're buying has no contract with G2A for G2A to sell the game. Most people who have bought from them find that they're fine, just as most resellers are fine, but you have limited protection if something goes wrong.

In the past GAF has banned discussions of these kinds of resellers because too many people have called attention to them and we don't want any kind of liability or whatever or perceived endorsement of them. It's mostly died down these days so it's not an enforced thing or whatever.

The way I see it, if you can wait the month or whatever since release, and you're not willing to pay the full price, you can easily wait another month or two and catch it on a sale.

rizzo0

Yea I can def wait. Seemed to good to be true but I was also questioning it because I know there was another censored version made for overseas players and I didn't want to buy that version of it. Thanks for the input

Are securom CD Key for Batman Arkham City (non GOTY) not working anymore? The activation screen gives me an "Invalid key" error, same on the site with the other code.

I'd try contacting Valve customer support and they might simply bounce you to Rocksteady or Warner Bros customer support. I had a similar issue with Batman Arkham City except I got through the SecuROM verification process and got that error on the GFWL key.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I'd try contacting Valve customer support and they might simply bounce you to Rocksteady or Warner Bros customer support. I had a similar issue with Batman Arkham City except I got through the SecuROM verification process and got that error on the GFWL key.

Yeah, I just noticed that Steam is giving me a key for the Harley Quinn DLC, not the base game.

So what am I supposed to put into the Securom prompt? Why is it even showing up, it was removed.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
^^ Holy shit 97 entrants xD

Depend. If you like eye candies, you might want to push yourself to finish it. If you care 'bout gameplay, don't bother really. Gameplay is quite average, but it is really repetitive.

Argh. Can't disagree more. Alice has a beautiful world with really ingenious art design and some of the most mind-bending levels in any game like it.

Skipping it only does yourself a disservice.

I wouldn't call the gameplay average either. It's designed more like a late 90s/early 2000s action game. There are areas that drag a bit, but each level brings something new.

Sometimes I think either I didn't play the same game as other people or they just didn't get past the first couple of levels.

Was my GOTY that year. Dammit.

derExperte

What Stump said, basically.
Every time someone asks about g2a, I just tell them "don't do it".

Don't know if G2A does this (G2PLAY does) but there's also the issue that some of those sites buy large amounts of bundles for the minimum amount and then sell the indie games seperately. So they make a nice profit while devs and charities get almost nothing.

JustinBB7

Holy shit, one of Norways biggest newapapers have written on their front page "Norwegian government: People change your password"

It's about this heartbleed/openSSL security leak.

I can't thank GAF enough for pushing me to change my password 2 days ago.

NeoGAF <3

http://www.vg.no/forbruker/teknolog...gheter-bytt-alle-nett-passord-naa/a/10130428/

Shouldn't we wait for all the sites to confirm they fixed it though? Otherwise our new passwords are out there again anyway. I only changed Steam so far, have no idea what sites are fixed or not :/

Amzin

Reposting for new page before I pack myself up.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-DBC185D0DC2B9216 - Taken by Thorgal. 3 entrants total.
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-2803A10BBB423CD5 - Taken by jon bones. 1 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-8B6049E520B865D0 - Taken by TronLight. 1 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-1B19D6F1B50EDF93 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 9 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-82F63E5AB079DAE3 - Taken by topyy. 2 entrants total.

t1397082130z1.png

Argh. Can't disagree more. Alice has a beautiful world with really ingenious art design and some of the most mind-bending levels in any game like it.

Skipping it only does yourself a disservice.

I wouldn't call the gameplay average either. It's designed more like a late 90s/early 2000s action game. There are areas that drag a bit, but each level brings something new.

Sometimes I think either I didn't play the same game as other people or they just didn't get past the first couple of levels.

Was my GOTY that year. Dammit.
Sounds like my type of game. Atmosphere, art style, and diversity are aspects I appreciate in an experience and it seems like Alice delivers on those fronts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom