• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Looks like I missed out on the Letters reward and first time played for Type:Rider in the end, and seems like I'm gonna miss out on Nihilumbra rewards too.
I'll have to contact support I guess.
ZzG.png
XzG.png
YzG.png
Also weird how no first time played reward for Sanctum 2 and Sanctum TD (and one other game I can't remember), but I have 3 first time played rewards for 3 other games repeated twice.

_hekk05

Banned
Can someone explain the Playfire Rewards thing to me? I already have a Playfire account and all that

Everyday or so, they post new rewards, with a time limit on them. Complete them (you have to have not completed them before) to earn credit rewards, which will be transferred to GMG, where you can use them to buy more games.

hohoXD123

Can someone explain the Playfire Rewards thing to me? I already have a Playfire account and all that

Link your Steam account, then they'll frequently post new achievements for certain games which if you obtain within the timeframe you get a certain amount of GMG credit. Don't think it works for achievements you've already got though. They also have things like "Play x game for the first time" which gets you a bit of credit as well.

Cheddahz

Banned
Ugh, it's lame it doesn't work for achievements you already have...because I have a bunch of Sleeping Dogs and Arkham City achievements

Amzin

Playfire got me to play Type: Rider, and it was fun at first, but the physics of the game really hinder the fun once you get halfway through. I finally beat everything but the secret level but the last like 3 levels just weren't fun.

I also played Nihilumbra for the first time last night, beat it on non-void mode, quite like that game. It's small but enjoyable, just what I want out of an indie game :p

yuraya

Thank you wetflame for FEZ. Just earlier searching steamtrades to get that game for cheap but now got it for free wasagoodday.gif

Grief.exe

Everyday or so, they post new rewards, with a time limit on them. Complete them (you have to have not completed them before) to earn credit rewards, which will be transferred to GMG, where you can use them to buy more games.

Link your Steam account, then they'll frequently post new achievements for certain games which if you obtain within the timeframe you get a certain amount of GMG credit. Don't think it works for achievements you've already got though. They also have things like "Play x game for the first time" which gets you a bit of credit as well.

Someone said yesterday that it scanned their achievements for Sleeping Dogs they had earned over a year ago.

If it's your first scan you will get the rewards. But it is lame, I agree on that

Maybe that was it.

Chronoja

Ugh, it's lame it doesn't work for achievements you already have...because I have a bunch of Sleeping Dogs and Arkham City achievements

Agreed. I understand why it's like this but it nearly sets up a situation where you don't want to play a game lest it appears on a playfire reward some day. Sucks both ways, play your games when you want, miss out on rewards; wait for the rewards, waste a bunch of time in the process.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Question - For those of you that use ScummVM for games is there anyway for me to get separate icons for each game or do I need to have them all under the ScummVM game launcher? Thanks if anyone can help with this!

Edit: Do what Knurek says below. You can use Steam to change the icon to an image file of your choosing.

Knurek

If so, what you can do is create batch files for each game and then convert them to an exe using any one of the myriad of freeware converters. You should be able to set an icon for the output file.

No need for external tools, especially when you have no idea whether they don't include malware.
Simply rename the .bat to .exe, add that to Steam, rename the .exe back to .bat and edit Steam shortcut properties to the correct extension.

Delicious! Thanks radMonkey. Flappy, hang glider and the statues achievements can go eff themselves. I don't know how you guys got the patience.

6EE86Hk.png

Hang Glider takes 3 seconds. Climb to the top of the crane, stand on the edge where the person was sitting (you knocked him off, didn't you? ;) ), and then wait for the hang glider to come near you. Jump and mash the lick button.

Are The Swapper achievements bugged? I'm sure I just found
a secret room and message (Message from home #5)
, but nothing happened.

Not in my experience. They're just so hidden it's highly unlikely to find most of them on your own (in my experience at least).

i'm thinking of trying knock-knock again but damn that game scared the shit outta me

i'm such a girl

Knock Knock is really creepy.

JaseC

No need for external tools, especially when you have no idea whether they don't include malware.
Simply rename the .bat to .exe, add that to Steam, rename the .exe back to .bat and edit Steam shortcut properties to the correct extension.

Ah, I forgot that you can set icons for non-Steam shortcuts. Take a guess as to whether or not I have any in my library. :p

People cleaning up that list. Congratulations and thank you!

Jacknicholson.gif

Well yeah, unclaimed games are free-for-all no?

Also the restriction has been carrying over, I can't claim any games in newer giveaways for 24 hours so it not like I'm hoovering up every giveaway.

hohoXD123

Also the restriction has been carrying over, I can't claim any games in newer giveaways for 24 hours so it not like I'm hoovering up every giveaway.

Well yeah, you could claim them all for yourself. Doesn't necessarily mean that you should.

_hekk05

Banned

Lol that avatar pic really suits you. Feasting upon unclaimed games

DocSeuss

Hey, I don't have a big problem with you, since you're following the rules, but you've gotta admit that 21 is a BIT much.

Dr Dogg

JaseC

It seems Ubi made two new retail subs for Watch Dogs earlier (~14 hours ago). I'd like to say that this could be the start of Ubi selling Steam keys itself but more likely is that they're for Amazon.

Did I miss the post where you said a heartfelt thank you to the givers?

Ok...

See ya 2morrow :D

Wow. Really?

How is this guy not on the blacklist? He'll sure be on mine for future giveaways.

Milamber

It seems Ubi made two new retail subs for Watch Dogs earlier (~14 hours ago). I'd like to say that this could be the start of Ubi selling Steam keys itself but more likely is that they're for Amazon.
Glad I waited. So there is a chance I can get a steam key off amazon for cheaper. Don't have any discount vouchers though.

aku:jiki

Those of you whose Playfire accounts work, about how long should it take for credit listed in my rewards list to carry over to GMG? Trying to figure out if I should be more patient or not.

Also weird how it recognized that I did Massacre in Monaco last night, but not Technician... Did both within like 30 minutes of each other.

Ok...

See ya 2morrow :D
The fuck is this?

hohoXD123

Did I miss the post where you said a heartfelt thank you to the givers?

Wow. Really?

How is this guy not on the blacklist? He'll sure be on mine for future giveaways.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

What to do if a user is so abusive that you want to permanently block them from your giveaways:
Send a PM to ModBot. The title should contain the word permablock. The body should contain, one per line, usernames you want to permanently block.

Useful feature.

_hekk05

Banned
And the achievements are somewhat fun/enjoyable? Does this harken back to the Steam Sales of yore?

What fun you derive from playing the games and attaining achievements is up to you. PlayFire gives you money to play games.

Do you want to have fun playing, or do you want to earn some dough to buy more games?

Or do you want to have fun playing games and get money for playing them?

Those of you whose Playfire accounts work, about how long should it take for credit listed in my rewards list to carry over to GMG? Trying to figure out if I should be more patient or not.

Also weird how it recognized that I did Massacre in Monaco last night, but not Technician... Did both within like 30 minutes of each other.

The fuck is this?

Did you log on your GMG account?

aku:jiki

What fun you derive from playing the games and attaining achievements is up to you. PlayFire gives you money to play games.

Do you want to have fun playing, or do you want to earn some dough to buy more games?

The selection of achievements have been pretty varied for the games I've owned. Like for Monaco getting Massacre and Technician was easy and fun, so I just did those. Doing Play It Again would've been a pain so I didn't. Not that important to get every single pence you can from it, so just do the fun ones!

Did you log on your GMG account?
Yes, it's the only way I can see my rewards total since the counter on PF doesn't work for me.

okayfrog

Banned

Well I enjoyed the Steam sales 'cause I enjoyed playing different games and getting achievements for prizes at the same time. I'm just wondering if this invokes the same feeling. Kinda sounds like it does. Oughtta set it up tonight. Thanks you guys.
EDIT:
Depends -- there's usually a couple early game and then a late game achievement... go take a look at the current list on the playfire blog. :p

Here's the current list:
http://blog.playfire.com/2014/04/thursdays-rewards-10042014.html

Dang, I already have a few of those and the ones I don't have I don't own the game for. That being said, it does kinda make me wanna buy the game like the old Steam Sale achievement hunts did. Goddamn this is gonna be great during the summer sale in a few months; I'm already more hyped than I was before. Thanks a lot, guys.

louiedog

Two nights ago I played The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 to completion. Yesterday morning I had the first story achievement unlocked but the last one didn't show up until this morning even thought they were about an hour apart. I think I just happened to be playing when they synced. The same may have happened to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom