• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunaniem

Has anyone had any experience with this? I loved the online modes for the earlier games. Does this relate more to those games, being 3rd person, or is it closer to the less-tactical, more radical Advanced Warsomething games?

Haven't played it yet but from what I've seen, it relates more to the newer entries like GRAW or Future Soldier.

Does it require uPlay?

It requires a uPlay account, no client though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Random weirdness: Apparently JaseC played Sleeping Dogs. I mean... actually played it. He holds the record on my friends list for consecutive vehicle rammings at 30.

I enjoyed the game so much I even went to the effort of obtain all of the achievements! And I also made this video. The DLC releases ruined my 100%, though; I need to get around to them one day.

RS4-

Has anyone had any experience with this? I loved the online modes for the earlier games. Does this relate more to those games, being 3rd person, or is it closer to the less-tactical, more radical Advanced Warsomething games?

More like GRAW. Some of the P2W stuff is eh when you run into people with the higher unlocks.

Game was alright.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I enjoyed the game so much I even went to the effort of obtain all of the achievements! And I also made this video. The DLC releases ruined my 100%, though; I need to get around to them one day.

Sleepy Doges is one of the few games I went all out for achievement hunting... such a fantastic game, probably the best open world game ever.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I hope my goat simulator credits come in soon. I have until noon tomorrow to maximize my savings. D:

Yeah, they were mailing out codes tied to our account. I don't know if everybody gets one or just some of us.
I think only some, as I never got it
which I don't mind as I just started Demon's and Dark is just sitting there in my library

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

I can agree on this, I thought it was PS4 only before.
I can't say I was hyped for it based on the early footage I saw, but since it's from the same studio that made Bastion, I'm still interested.

Ahh damn, I just realized I never got credit for linking my steam profile to playfire. Off to support I go

At some point people really need to ask themselves if it's worth the hassle to add another support request to the pile for a single credit...

I hope my goat simulator credits come in soon. I have until noon tomorrow to maximize my savings. D:

Yeah, they were mailing out codes tied to our account. I don't know if it's for everybody or just some of us.

Dark Souls 2 preorder I assume?
At least everyone isn't buying it at full price. :lol

Aaron D.

Thanks for the clarification of the ModBot giveaway, gang.

I put one together myself following the rules posted in the ModBot link, but when I go to submit the quoted ModBot post here it won't go through and I get this error:

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

Anyone ever get this message? It’s strange, cause the whole body of the post is quoted from the ModBot reply, so it’s not like there’s nothing there.

radMonkey

FYI - tracking should be roughly every 1-3 hours, credit should be transferred into your account every 12-24 hours. We're in beta, so those times are fluctuating a lot, please be patient :)

Also, for new participants in the beta, this FAQ might be a good starting point.

/flies away

Pretty sure that some peeps asked about PF Rewards against DS2? If all goes well, yes, there should be a few rewards.

Playfire unbanned me and awarded all my missing credit. Here's hoping I never have to contact support again.

Just looked at the ticket and saw they've unbanned you. Not sure went on there, but I'll look into that in more detail tomorrow. Apologies for that.

i wish playfire would tell me what to play next

Recommendations based of your gaming habits, what your friends are playing, what you buy etc. is definitely something we're interested in. We're a bit of a way off at the moment though. Guess you'll have to stick to traditional social recommendations for now ;)

Delicious! Thanks radMonkey. Flappy, hang glider and the statues achievements can go eff themselves. I don't know how you guys got the patience.

You're welcome :)

Since it's been brought up, I've taken a glance at my Playfire profile and it does indeed seem to lack quite a lot of games – on every service (I linked my XBL and PSN accounts too.)
I tried downloading the Vulcan client, but it turns out it's just a frame with the Playfire website inside it, so I wonder why it needs to install anything? Does it collect any sort of data?

I'm asking here because I think I saw someone post here who was part of the Playfire team... clarifications would be appreciated. Just how does the service work, wrt detecting new games and keeping up with user activity, and what purpose does the client serve? It's no wonder the rewards are buggy if the base game detection system doesn't work properly...

You should have got a wizard when you first start up asking you to authenticate your XBL and PSN details. If not then select Preferences from the menu.

Ruruja

I put one together myself following the rules posted in the ModBot link, but when I go to submit the quoted ModBot post here it won't go through and I get this error:

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

Anyone ever get this message? It’s strange, cause the whole body of the post is quoted from the ModBot reply, so it’s not like there’s nothing there.

A quote doesn't count towards character count, just type something outside the quotes.

NeoGAF doesn't allow only quoted text. Just write a dot or something after the quote and it'll work.

_hekk05

Banned

There must be at least 1 character outside of the quotes. This is to prevent people from just quoting people and not contributing to discussion (some just put a full stop though)

Beaten by waifu-beaters

Quotes don't count for your message length, so people typically tag on a period at the end if they don't want to attach a message.

Aaron D.

ModBot said:
My first giveaway! Please be gentle. :p

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Euro Truck Simulator -- MB-8530689068AA284C - Taken by Milamber. 8 entrants total.
Lunar Flight -- MB-3954A22F5A8C170D - Taken by natertots. 3 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-10082CA643DB09E9 - Taken by jmizzal. 6 entrants total.
Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition -- MB-85EE54DD6C6CAA68 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 13 entrants total.

t1397158253z1.png

Good luck!

yuraya

Sleepy Doges is one of the few games I went all out for achievement hunting... such a fantastic game, probably the best open world game ever.

I am about 50% finished with it and I have to agree. Its definitely one of the best open world games ever. And that is coming from someone who isn't too big a fan of those single player open world stuff. They did everything right with the game. Especially the combat system. I don't know yet if I am going to perfect it tho. I didn't even pick up any DLC for it.

Dr Dogg

I used to be quite high up on my Sleepy Dawgs Social Hub charts but having EatChildren, Deques and Glass Rebel on your friends list as well as some others who have really min-maxed the game just puts me out of sight. I'm still king on the Night Bus Racket mission though!

Haha, I'll move up to 1080p one day.

Just look at it this way, when you do finally upgrade your GPUs you'll get a much bigger perfomance gain than 1080p+ folk. Plus upgrading your monitor res went not touching your GPUs can kick you well out of the 60fps sweet spot and into the framerate ghetto.

HoosTrax

A mini-publisher weekend. Daedalic's hit the big times now. I've happy for them; probably the most prolific provider of high production quality adventure games these days.

fantomena

A mini-publisher weekend. Daedalic's hit the big times now. I've happy for them; probably the most prolific provider of high production quality adventure games these days.

Yep. Even when point & click isn't my favorite genre, Daedelic has been making incredible games.

Zeeman

Here are the discounts for when they finally update:

Daedalic Super Bundle - 77% Off
Blackguards - 50%
Deponia - 90%
Chaos on Deponia - 66%
Goodbye Deponia - 50% Off
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 75%
The Whispered World - 80%
1954 Alcatraz - 50% Off
A New Beginning - Final Cut - 75% Off
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout - 50%
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes - 75%
Gomo - 66%
Journey of a Roach - 80%
Memoria - 50%
The Night of the Rabbit - 66%

derExperte

The Daedalic Super Bundle costs more than the not-reduced Blackguards Deluxe Edition seperately. Come on, I want to buy your game, be reasonable.

dammit, gamersgate is having a borderlands sale but those ultmate vault hunter packs are still too expensive. Still cant believe they put levelups behind a paywall and they didnt include it in the GOTY version grumble grumble.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
imperial edition bought with the 76%. wonder if its a mistake or its added from some other game we might have?

JaseC

Just look at it this way, when you do finally upgrade your GPUs you'll get a much bigger perfomance gain than 1080p+ folk. Plus upgrading your monitor res went not touching your GPUs can kick you well out of the 60fps sweet spot and into the framerate ghetto.

1680x1050 is big enough for me in terms of real estate but my current monitor is quite literally falling apart. If it were still in perfect condition I'd happily stick with it, haha.

fantomena

Looks like an incorrectly (?) applied discount for owning another Divinity game.
Game is 66% off if I'm logged out.

Yes, the price corrected pretty quickly.

I bought the normal edition. Not interested in a soundtrack Im not gonna listen to, behind the scenes im not gonna watch, a digital map and a dragon skin I don't care about. :p

Terra_Ex

Dragon Commander Imperial Edition worth it?

iirc, it was just a Golden Dragon skin (which didn't work correctly for me at launch), beta access, an extra map and the soundtrack, so imperial ed is only worth it if you are interested in those extras. The base game is good though, the writing in particular jumped up in quality beyond Larian's previous titles.

derExperte

It's noteworthy that the Dragon Commander Imperial Edition is not region locked while the normal version has a separate, locked down RU sub.

And I'm not seeing Sniper Elite V2 reduced, someone forgot to press a few buttons.

JaseC

A few other Strategy First games sneaked on to the store about an hour ago:

A young family stops at a mysterious old home for a picnic and as the mother closes her eyes to enjoy the sun, she hears a horrific crash, the kids! As she enters the house, she is confronted by a mystical mirror that’s taken her kids and locks them away in a magical world. A quest is placed upon you to not just save your children but help a unique character in very mystical places. Can you solve the Mirror Mysteries!

Did you love the smash hit The Mirror Mysteries? Try the next installation in the series and continue the saga! Tommy is all grown up and on the hunt for the mirror that changed his family’s life forever. But now he’s missing and his sister is counting on you to plunge into new worlds to find him. That evil mirror is back and it’s up to you to extinguish his power for good!

Death is not the end. There is beyond the veil, another realm between life and death, where spirits lurk, their business unfinished. Many years ago, Emily plummeted from an attic window to her doom. Her house now lies abandoned along with the mystery of her death. Sara has inherited this dark home, only to discover that it is not empty. Through Sarah, Emily has found a way to speak. But there are Others in shadow, restless...

As usual, each title is 15% off ($4.24) for the next week.

Dr Dogg

1680x1050 is big enough for me in terms of real estate but my current monitor is quite literally falling apart. If it were still in perfect condition I'd happily stick with it, haha.

Well with the current state of display tech it might be worth hanging on a few years. Well if your monitor doesn't actually fall apart that is :p

iirc, it was just a Golden Dragon skin (which didn't work correctly for me at launch), beta access, an extra map and the soundtrack, so imperial ed is only worth it if you are interested in those extras. The base game is good though, the writing in particular jumped up in quality beyond Larian's previous titles.

Ah ok, jumped on it anyway in discount reduction panic but cheers for the reply. Still it added 2 to my game count and 1 to my dlc count so it's all good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom