• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Congrats to whoever grabs Civ V from that ModBot post above me. I got it a while ago and it's an amazing game. It's terrifying how fast time goes by when you're playing it though, so be careful.

Thanks, Anonymous, for the Gods & Kings DLC. Civilization is... so addictive.

the first game i bought on steam after i got my new computer was civ 5 complete

seeing it on the giveaway list made me smile, as it's such a good game... but these guys are right. i always heard about the "one more turn" syndrome but it wasn't until i spent 10 hours on a hungover sunday playing it that i realized how addictive the game is.

now i gotta go home and get south korea to a science victory!

mrgone

Yup, Surgeon Sim too.

Pay what you want -
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
QWOP for Android

$6+ -
Speedrunners
Garry's Mod

$10+ -
Probably Archery

$15+ -
State of Decay

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I hope SpeedRunners gets a lot of new players through the new Humble Weekly, that game is all kinds of awesome! Especially with some friends in front of a TV...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Sid Meier's Railroads! -- MB-CA3257B056E22571 - Taken by BinaryPork2737

Ralph.jpg

Thank you, anonymous one.

Thorgal

Congrats to whoever grabs Civ V from that ModBot post above me. I got it a while ago and it's an amazing game. It's terrifying how fast time goes by when you're playing it though, so be careful.

Thanks .

Though Is it true that the Vanilla game is bad do to no religion system ?

Also heard about A.I being stupid sometimes .

Civilization noob here .

KarmaCow

I hope SpeedRunners gets a lot of new players through the new Humble Weekly, that game is all kinds of awesome! Especially with some friends in front of a TV...

How are the user generated levels? I was interested in Speedrunners but the low amount of levels made me pass in the last sale. I'll definitely pick it up in the Summer Sale though.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if PDP's 9 billion viewers actually buy games he recommends.

I'm sure at least some small faction of them do. Most could probably care less.

Thanks .

Though Is it true that the Vanilla game is bad do to no religion system ?

Also heard about A.I being stupid sometimes .

Civilization noob here .

I wouldn't say it's bad, but the expansions definitely improve upon the base game.

Yup, Surgeon Sim too.

Pay what you want -
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
QWOP for Android

$6+ -
Speedrunners
Garry's Mod

$10+ -
Probably Archery

$15+ -
State of Decay
That $10 tier is the fucking worst. Probably Archery is probably the worst game I've played in a long time.

aku:jiki

Oh, for fuck's sake, one of you dicks took Isaac even though I've posted about looking for a copy! I'm rage quitting this thread.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

derExperte

what is this broforce?
isn't Mercenary Kings the new Metal Slug?

MK doesn't have a lot to do with MS and is considered a minor disappointment. Everyone's on the Broforce-train now.

Oh, for fuck's sake, one of you dicks took Isaac even though I've posted about looking for a copy! I'm rage quitting this thread.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

But what would you do with it? Quit after one minute and whine, that's what.

hm. The Iron Golem boss for Sen's Fortress was remarkable easy. Took me twice only because I backrolled off the tower. Anor Londo looks like no fun so far.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

:D

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I have a new gaming pc, and I'm looking for some games that I can really test my 280x with. Down the line I'm definitely playing The Witcher 2, but now I'm looking for shorter experiences. The Metro games are probably a safe bet, anything else? (no rts please)

My first giveaway, here goes. On the off chance that somebody doesn't have this yet, enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition! -- MB-A41713B4DE656A94 - Taken by InfiniteNine

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
How are the user generated levels? I was interested in Speedrunners but the low amount of levels made me pass in the last sale. I'll definitely pick it up in the Summer Sale though.

I haven't really tried the user generated levels yet, but i guess there will be lots of good and bad ones like with any user generated content.

And the official levels are more than enough in the beginning, you have to learn them to be really good in the game

-----------------------

Europa Universalis III Complete Collection for 4,39€

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/europa-universalis-III-bundle/

HoosTrax

MK doesn't have a lot to do with MS and is considered a minor disappointment. Everyone's on the Broforce-train now.
I'm kind of annoyed with Mercenaries Kings. I mean, even looking past the lack of [what should be] mandatory game options, the game didn't feel that fun to me. A lot of hunting all around the same set of levels, to find some designated targets, often without indicators of where they're located. That got old and tedious really fast.

aku:jiki

Why am I not surprised that a PDP bundle sucks? Everything about that guy sucks. I am seriously ashamed that he's a fellow swede. Now I'm rage quitting the entire internet.

But what would you do with it? Quit after one minute and whine, that's what.
Nonsense. I'm a Meat Boy fan so I would feel obligated to play it for at least 10 minutes, maybe even 15.

Dr Dogg

hm. The Iron Golem boss for Sen's Fortress was remarkable easy. Took me twice only because I backrolled off the tower. Anor Londo looks like no fun so far.

First time I fought him I got blasted off the small area. Second time though I just stood between his legs (oooh err!) and hacked away not locked on and even his
grab attack
missed me. Anor Londo is beautiful to look at but hair pullingly frustrating to the impatient.

Here's a spare key from the new Humble Weekly Sale:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-39B24ECE3E295FB3 - Taken by Luap. 1 entrants total.

t1397154791z1.png

Tizoc

Loren: Amazon Princess is on sale on Humblebundle.com. I myself forgot to consider grabbing it off Steam since Monday.
While I know of the proposed trick to get the uncensored ver., is the Non-DRM ver. HB offering uncensored?

Anteater

I have a new gaming pc, and I'm looking for some games that I can really test my 280x with. Down the line I'm definitely playing The Witcher 2, but now I'm looking for shorter experiences. The Metro games are probably a safe bet, anything else? (no rts please)

hmm, have you already played most of the console ports? Games like Bioshock Infinite will look really good at 1080p (or higher) at 60fps, I don't really have much to recommend, been playing nothing but relatively old games lately.

derExperte

I'm kind of annoyed with Mercenaries Kings. I mean, even looking past the lack of [what should be] mandatory game options, the game didn't feel that fun to me. A lot of hunting all around the same set of levels, to find some designated targets, often without indicators of where they're located. That got old and tedious really fast.

That's what I read literally from day 1 of Early Access onwards, looks like they never managed to make the game fun. And the PS4 version which I could try out is a mess.

okayfrog

Banned

Sleeping Dogs looked really damn nice on my computer. Probably the best open-world game I've played graphically.

First time I fought him I got blasted off the small area. Second time though I just stood between his legs (oooh err!) and hacked away not locked on and even his
grab attack
missed me. Anor Londo is beautiful to look at but hair pullingly frustrating to the impatient.

well fucking great. DS is increasing my patience though, because every time I grow inpatient...i get murdered. Think it's weapon upgrading time...need to figure out where I can get some fire weapons though.

Sleeping Dogs looked really damn nice on my computer. Probably the best open-world game I've played graphically.

Second this. Sleepy Dogs is fantastic

Dr Dogg

well fucking great. DS is increasing my patience though, because every time I grow inpatient...i get murdered. Think it's weapon upgrading time...need to figure out where I can get some fire weapons though.

Hahaha luckily the bonfire locations are really good in Anor Londo and on the subject of weapon upgrades you might find a nice surprise whilst you're there. Not going to spoil that hahaha.

Aaron D.

Why am I not surprised that a PDP bundle sucks? Everything about that guy sucks. I am seriously ashamed that he's a fellow swede. Now I'm rage quitting the entire internet.

Ha!

I honestly thought you had to be a teen or something to get that guy.

Sounds instead like you only have to have bad taste.

Got a GTX 770 and an i7 4770k and i was surprised that I couldn't pull 60 fps on Metro 2033 when maxed out at 1080p. That game is a monster even years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom