• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
what is the consensus on the BEST daedalic game?

I am about 50% finished with it and I have to agree. Its definitely one of the best open world games ever. And that is coming from someone who isn't too big a fan of those single player open world stuff. They did everything right with the game. Especially the combat system. I don't know yet if I am going to perfect it tho. I didn't even pick up any DLC for it.

The DLC and some of the side stuff can be boring but the core game (driving, combat, story, voice acting... heck even the waifu stuff) is excellent. Very rare for an open world game to get it all right.

Extras

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gunman Clive -- MB-64F5A564C262C254 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 8 entrants total.
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance -- MB-D038DF38386C809F - Taken by nature boy. 2 entrants total.
N.P.P.D. RUSH -- MB-735EA1138C792586 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.
Supreme Commander -- MB-4DD258A81E93AA6A - Taken by Kiru. 2 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-60D91D2DE29C51B8 - Taken by JPizzle84. 2 entrants total.
Driftmoon -- MB-7E8A054CF2A2C332 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-E95A7A6B5182C426 - Taken by TuckingFypo. 1 entrants total.
Humanity Asset -- MB-57B731BFA6B4DE9A - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.

t1397151596z1.png

There are some other changes but yea it's for the new DLC. Some good fixes like not yelling at un-alerted civilians while trying to mark guards and civilians not have a perpetual alerted exclamation mark even when tied up.

But 1.1GB Payday 2 update means what feels like 3+ hours of disturbing disk grinding noises. D:

I really wish they would fix that update method, I dread seeing a new Payday 2 update because it basically renders my PC useless for 2 hours until it's done.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

_hekk05

Banned
┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

PSO2 servers are under maintenance now

Oh well, I guess I'll connect the .exe to steam so everyone knows when I'm playing it

Zeeman

Did you love the smash hit The Mirror Mysteries? Try the next installation in the series and continue the saga! Tommy is all grown up and on the hunt for the mirror that changed his family’s life forever. But now he’s missing and his sister is counting on you to plunge into new worlds to find him. That evil mirror is back and it’s up to you to extinguish his power for good!

Wait, Tommy is missing, his sister is counting on you to save him, but who are you? What is your relation to this family?

aku:jiki

Bah, Bardbarian is such an IAP-style grindfest. I like the base mechanics and running around with your mobile towers is pretty fun, but it's stupid how much you have to grind to get anywhere. It's very light on content too; I'm pretty sure the entire campaign takes place within a single arena, and there are two lame bonus modes on top of that. It has a fair number of "towers", but it's pretty lacking in skills and spells too.

Got half of the achievements and the cards, but now it's going in the bundle junk category.

DasFool

15 minutes and downloaded around 20mb. Server overloaded or what? I know the update system is slow, but it shouldn't be that slow.

That's strange, I'm at 20 minutes and 800 MB downloaded... Do you typically encounter download issues with Steam?

Zeeman

Im sad The Dark Eye ain't discounted too. Only game Im missing from Daedelic. :(

For some reason, none of the Daedalic prices have updated except for the Super Bundle. (The Deponia pack was a weekly deal) Dark Eye is supposed to be 75% off when it updates.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of the Super Bundle, I'll offer a reminder that you can split the cost with someone as you get gift copies of all the included games. This means you can score 9 titles for $25, or cheaper still if you buy it through a trader.

Code:
OnPurchaseGrantGuestPassPackage		Chaos on Deponia (32838)
OnPurchaseGrantGuestPassPackage1	1954 Alcatraz (41704)
OnPurchaseGrantGuestPassPackage2	A New Beginning - Final Cut (41705)
OnPurchaseGrantGuestPassPackage3	Deponia (41706)
OnPurchaseGrantGuestPassPackage4	Goodbye Deponia Premium (41707)
OnPurchaseGrantGuestPassPackage5	Journey of a Roach (41708)
OnPurchaseGrantGuestPassPackage6	Memoria (41709)
OnPurchaseGrantGuestPassPackage7	The Night of the Rabbit Premium Edition (41710)
OnPurchaseGrantGuestPassPackage8	Blackguards - Deluxe Edition (41711)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
bNW4VoG.png

You finally got me, Spelunky. You finally got me.

Welcome to the club. I highly recommend after you've played enough you start to feel comfortable with the game and have gotten to the Ice Caverns, to read the I'm Addicted To Spelunky thread. Some good tips and suggestions can be found there.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=670965

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Velvet Assassin -- MB-935BC294A8316C7E - Taken by TuckingFypo. 6 entrants total.
KnightShift -- MB-46FE07D537E7D59B - Taken by Diedac. 5 entrants total.

t1397161856z1.png

Velvet Assassin is a stealth games with problems I will admit, but underneath some of those flaws of design, beneath the technical problems that keep it from being as good as it should, is still an experience I believe is worth trying out for those who like these types of games and want another title in their library with a competent female lead.
Also look up the real life Violette Szabo, who was the inspiration for this game.

KnightShift is an interesting experiment into the world of Real Time Strategy with RPG aspects that came int he wake of Warcraft 3's success albeit with a action bent, and while obviously not as popular or as well made, it certainly has some ideas and game play that can lend someone to play dozens to hundreds of hours playing it if they are int he mood for a 2003/2004 title. Great LAN title if you can get that done.
Warning about resolution and textures, it is an old game and has issues working outside of 4:3 and other aspects.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sid Meier's Civilization IV The Complete Edition -- MB-3BCB9784E5EBB4E0 - Taken by Nzyme32
Syder Arcade -- MB-91628411EA7E8200 - Taken by Tesseract
Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete -- MB-855828A563B2842E - Taken by Gravelord_Nito
The Binding of Isaac Plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-4A0876D0349BF08B - Taken by cardinalmind
Sequence -- MB-2A7D64A1B96D82E4 - Taken by kulapik
Sid Meier's Railroads! -- MB-CA3257B056E22571 - Taken by BinaryPork2737
Dear Esther -- MB-3CB8DBB11924866F - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-E08399CA16CEB08D - Taken by animlboogy
BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-F3515E58144E626D - Taken by nature boy
Sid Meier's Civilization V Gods and Kings DLC -- MB-7939BA5E342793E4 - Taken by StAidan
The Dream Machine Chapters 1-3 -- MB-74C63DD6B16F4B80 - Taken by Terra_Ex
Offspring Fling -- MB-69E2F57A1EAFC61B
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-7705A1E09E615D8E - Taken by KenOD
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-1DD3EB6B341067C0
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-60FA0DE3DD38CF8D - Taken by Sammichu
HOARD -- MB-E8175CCE0DECA84D - Taken by Shalashaska
FEZ -- MB-0D1A4E7AF0787A97
Defender's Quest -- MB-DDADB5CCEFDBE38E - Taken by dot
And Yet It Moves -- MB-AF18AA95D05C7217
Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-03BBEBCCF9216785 - Taken by Thorgal

Vazduh

That's strange, I'm at 20 minutes and 800 MB downloaded... Do you typically encounter download issues with Steam?

Nope. Just now. It starts, downloads 10 mb and pauses for few minutes. And again. And again. Will try downloading later or tomorrow.

louiedog

So the Daedalic weekend sale will actually go on without any discounts?

The news page lists discounts so I assume they just haven't updated yet.

Daedalic Super Bundle - 77% Off
Blackguards - 50%
Deponia - 90%
Chaos on Deponia - 66%
Goodbye Deponia - 50% Off
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 75%
The Whispered World - 80%
1954 Alcatraz - 50% Off
A New Beginning - Final Cut - 75% Off
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout - 50%
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes - 75%
Gomo - 66%
Journey of a Roach - 80%
Memoria - 50%
The Night of the Rabbit - 66%

Congrats to whoever grabs Civ V from that ModBot post above me. I got it a while ago and it's an amazing game. It's terrifying how fast time goes by when you're playing it though, so be careful.

That goes for every game, no? Everything is discounted pre-release on PC, these past few years. :p

Believe it or not, there are games I want to succeed and I'm willing to support by paying a good portion of the MSRP... and if I can get it under a certain price, I definitely hop in day 1.

The shenanigans with Dark Souls 2 make me not want to support FROM or Namco. Granted, I'm not sure what GMG's deal with games purchased via Playfire credit are as far as how it gets subsidized -- however, I sitll feel better thinking a lot of gamers only paid $15 for the game. :p

bNW4VoG.png

You finally got me, Spelunky. You finally got me.

Finally? Your'e a monster for not owning it sooner. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom