• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Sleeping Dogs looked really damn nice on my computer. Probably the best open-world game I've played graphically.

Yeah, especially with HD texture pack.

Battlefield 4 campaign is short AFAIK (shorther than it would take you downloading it). But Metro: LL should be your 1st pick.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Thanks anonymous benefactor for the Binding.
Although someone raged.

I really am sorry! This thread moves so fast that I generally skip pages of it and generally lose track of what's in this (Unlike my other home thread). Although I entered for that game since I'm curious to how the game works and if it will deserve a double dip from me (for my Vita). Unlike some of you guys here, I can't giveaway that much games as I have a modest salary. Of which around 80% is spent on bills, and I can't devote the rest of it solely for gaming. So I really thank each one member who I won a game from with a personal PM, and not any of these letters are similar. I figured a since they gave me something the least that I can do is to thank them personally and add what I seriously feel about the game I am "redeeming". The only thing that is remotely similar is my generic "Thank you! Salamat!" title and even the title of my letters vary. Seriously, if you're really mad I can't buy it and give it to you immediately. I would have to plan it so that I won't be in the red by the end of this month. Perhaps, Next month?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Got a GTX 770 and an i7 4770k and i was surprised that I couldn't pull 60 fps on Metro 2033 when maxed out at 1080p. That game is a monster even years later.

Wish we had more games like it. It's nice to know my PC won't break a sweat but at the same time, it's nice to know games are getting more demanding.

Milamber

Wish we had more games like it. It's nice to know my PC won't break a sweat but at the same time, it's nice to know games are getting more demanding.

You kidding? I just got a GTX 770 too and I'd rather have full 60 fps and developers streamlining their PC code for their games.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You kidding? I just got a GTX 770 too and I'd rather have full 60 fps and developers streamlining their PC code for their games.

I have a GTX 770, too. I didn't mean streamlining and optimizing. I meant I wish games pushed the way Crysis did instead of dumbing things down because of consoles.

Turfster

Ha!

I honestly thought you had to be a teen or something to get that guy.

Sounds instead like you only have to have bad taste.

Those 2 things overlap quite often.
And yes, his biggest fanbase is like, young teens for some reason.
I weep for humanity's future, is all I'm saying.

FloatOn

hm. The Iron Golem boss for Sen's Fortress was remarkable easy. Took me twice only because I backrolled off the tower. Anor Londo looks like no fun so far.

Anor Londo is a pain in the dick at first.
those archers will ruin your day. don't block just roll under the arrows.

O&S are pretty rough going too.

I believe in you though. You can do it!

Dr Dogg

Got a GTX 770 and an i7 4770k and i was surprised that I couldn't pull 60 fps on Metro 2033 when maxed out at 1080p. That game is a monster even years later.

It's actually not very well optimised. There's a dedicated benchmark tool in the install folder which you can run outside of Steam and gives you a report including frame timings. The graph comes back with loads of variance in 10's of milliseconds you wouldn't expect at the framerates you get. Last Light performs waaay better.

Still, it looks pretty though.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
hmm, have you already played most of the console ports? Games like Bioshock Infinite will look really good at 1080p (or higher) at 60fps, I don't really have much to recommend, been playing nothing but relatively old games lately.

Infinite, of course! I've already beaten it twice on PS3, but I saw the pc version at a friend's already and it looks insane indeed.

Sleeping Dogs looked really damn nice on my computer. Probably the best open-world game I've played graphically.

Haven't played Sleeping Dogs yet, another good recommendation thanks.

Can I just play Metro LL or is it recommended to play the original first?

Nabs

is Speedrunners the game everyone was raving about?

new humble weekly worth $15?

NEOK7O2.gif

SpeedRunners is the best.

new humble weekly worth $15?

That's a question you'll need to answer yourself.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks Dimitri2401 for The Shivah! :)

aku:jiki

Those 2 things overlap quite often.
And yes, his biggest fanbase is like, young teens for some reason.
I weep for humanity's future, is all I'm saying.
It really is sad that he's the biggest channel on youtube. I mean, it was inevitable that some common denominator crap would be the biggest channel, but did it really have to be him? On behalf of all swedes, I apologize and assure you that only about 75% of swedish gamers are like him.

Thanks anonymous benefactor for the Binding.
Although someone raged.

I really am sorry! This thread moves so fast that I generally skip pages of it and generally lose track of what's in this (Unlike my other home thread). Although I entered for that game since I'm curious to how the game works and if it will deserve a double dip from me (for my Vita). Unlike some of you guys here, I can't giveaway that much games as I have a modest salary. Of which around 80% is spent on bills, and I can't devote the rest of it solely for gaming. So I really thank each one member who I won a game from with a personal PM, and not any of these letters are similar. I figured a since they gave me something the least that I can do is to thank them personally and add what I seriously feel about the game I am "redeeming". The only thing that is remotely similar is my generic "Thank you! Salamat!" title and even the title of my letters vary. Seriously, if you're really mad I can't buy it and give it to you immediately. I would have to plan it so that I won't be in the red by the end of this month. Perhaps, Next month?
Oh, man, don't worry about it. I'm just kidding around with my disappointment.

I'm looking for a copy because I want to try it out before the new version comes out, because I'd like to understand and appreciate the differences between the two, but it's hard to justify paying full price for it when I see that it's been on sale and in bundles like a million times, even though the full price is pretty low.

Cth

Thanks Dimitri2401 for RingRunner, really looking forward to checking this out.. kind of reminds me of that old game Subspace(?) with story elements.

StAidan

I've got just one question for you folks. Is there anyone in this thread who's ready to bro?

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Broforce -- MB-D868015BCB45C4BC - Taken by Vazduh. 73 entrants total.

t1397166353z1.png

onionfrog

hm. The Iron Golem boss for Sen's Fortress was remarkable easy. Took me twice only because I backrolled off the tower. Anor Londo looks like no fun so far.
He's no big deal so long as he doesn't manage to knock you off the platform!

Just wait for Anor Londo's boss
es
! They're probably the hardest in the game IMO.

aku:jiki

Ooh, I did win something I want! Thanks for Megabyte Punch, Dimitri2401. The game looks like something I might dig.

Wow, your bro level must be over 9000.
No one must ever bro over 9000. The brotime continuum would collapse and the broniverse would implode.

hi, anyone from the us willing to help a german junior? i want to purchase resident evil 4 hd but its crippled in germany. no mercenarys and no ada. if you are kind enough to help just add me on steam. id is gnarcula or pm me. money in advance of course.

spode

Since everyone is loving Speedrunners I guess I should give tinyBuild a second chance. Felt so burned on No Time To Explain. That game felt like a prototype :/

Dr Dogg

let's have a debate about how the bureau was the most criminally underrated game of that year.

I'll certainly say it's the game that got the most undeserved stick of last year.

On the tech front, when everything is working peachy the game is a looker but it's got some stupidly high requirements to keep 60fps due to the DX11 render. DX9 works peachy but breaks a few things like Screen Space Reflections and doesn't have access to DX11 specific features like Tessellation and enhanced Depth of Field.

On the gameplay front you're right in that it's a cut above as a tactical shooter. Well when the AI does what you ask of it.

Really must get back on it to assess the story but hey I like it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom