• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

While I have yet to play it I have heard good things from those who gave it a chance.
Usually that the gameplay is good but that they failed in the story department. Which is a little sad since that setting working as a prequel of sorts to Xcom seems cool to me.

Yeah the story was really nonsensical and stupid but I love that they nailed the 50s style.

The gameplay though was top-tier. The battle focus system is something every squad based 3rd person shooter should rip off wholesale going forward.

zkylon

zkylewd
Haha, that's true. I did consider buying a bunch of bundles to cross the 1k mark, but I may need that money for Wolfenstein, so I figured I'd hold off for now. The game is a little over a month away so surely the pre-order phase isn't far off.
pls don't ruin giveaways by making them part of your disturbed collection of insanity lol

Be careful, once you cross that invisible winning line you will be publicly crucified in this thread.

You missed a few steps.

He needs it to be called to attention. Then, he needs to respond in the most indignant way possible. Throwing in an emoji isn't looked down on here, but it's also not a requisite. At this point, under no circumstances should there be even a whiff of the air of appreciation. Rev up the defensive responses filled with entitlement. Have one or two supporting comments from other posters to quote when the going gets tough.

Then, the public crucifixion can begin.

On another note, I'm not sure if I should just play some CS:GO tonight, bite into the Broforce hype while it's still going strong, or try to get my house/life back in order.

Jawmuncher

Yeah the story was really nonsensical and stupid but I love that they nailed the 50s style.

The gameplay though was top-tier. The battle focus system is something every squad based 3rd person shooter should rip off wholesale going forward.

Sounds good to me then. Grabbed it when it was on sale for 12.49 so i'll be playing it soon.

Won a couple games today, Thanks a bunch!

Get him!

21 times in 21 days actually.

bunk-the-wire.gif

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Best steam game to play when on the beers? Happy to buy a new one or play one of my >150 plus unplayed games...

Driving games are my guilty pleasure. Just as I have no desire to shoot an actual gun ever but take great pleasure from virtual guns, I take great pleasure in the driving experience I know I have no interest in recreating in real life. I'm also surprisingly good at videogame driving when half in the bag.

I just re-read the agreement I signed, and it's actually simpler to explain than I thought, because I can tell you that I'm working on an article about the technical aspects of Dark Souls II PC for PC Gamer.

And that's all I'll say (and can say) before the article.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I would subscribe to a Durante newsletter as a replacement for Digital Foundry. Shits a joke compared to the tech analysis he have written up in the past.

ShogunX

I would subscribe to a Durante newsletter as a replacement for Digital Foundry. Shits a joke compared to the tech analysis he have written up in the past.

Has to appeal to a mass audience and people who want to score console war points as quickly as possible. Any detailed analysis would be flying over a lot of heads.

zkylon

zkylewd
Knowing I'm so close to quadruple digits is faintly eating away at me. :p

are there more than 10k games on steam? is that your new goal?

valve should do something like pay you for a visit of valve hq if you reach 10k games. like cc companies giving you "free" shit when you're up to the neck in debt or something

Pudge

Divinity: Dragon Commander is 66% off on the homepage, but when you click the link it's 76% off on the store page. That's gotta be a mistake right? Anyway, that brings the base game down to less than $10, great pick up.

Further Grim Dawn impressions. So the environments are semi-randomised, or rather the multiple connection points between areas are. The overall structure is always the same but how you navigate through one area to the next isn't. Enemies don't seem to scale with your heroes progression. So if you revisit earlier areas, you'll pretty much just one-shot stuff. Enemies drop materials which you can use to enhance gear on the fly adding healing, damage or resistance modifiers. You can combine these mats with two more of the same mat to improve the modifier you'll be adding to your gear. Even though there's only four classes (Soldier, Demolitionist, Occultist and Nightblade), once you hit level 10 you can choose to add a subclass to supplement your main class. You don't have to if you don't want to, the option is simply there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Further Grim Dawn impressions. So the environments are semi-randomised, or rather the multiple connection points between areas are. The overall structure is always the same but how you navigate through one area to the next isn't. Enemies don't seem to scale with your heroes progression. So if you revisit earlier areas, you'll pretty much just one-shot stuff. Enemies drop materials which you can use to enhance gear on the fly adding healing, damage or resistance modifiers. You can combine these mats with two more of the same mat to improve the modifier you'll be adding to your gear. Even though there's only four classes (Soldier, Demolitionist, Occultist and Nightblade), once you hit level 10 you can choose to add a subclass to supplement your main class. You don't have to if you don't want to, the option is simply there.

The more you post about this game, the more I want to play it. I'm kind of kicking myself for not picking it up a few weeks ago when it was $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom