• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just played a Very Difficult terror mission in XCOM EU in my current playthrough on Impossible and got nothing but sectopods and drones.

LOL

Somehow I scraped through without a scratch :D.

2 more soldier boys and girls to fully level up and then I'll be ready for the final mission \o/.

Good luck!

Thanks for Tropico 4 :D.

Hawkie recommended it to me when I was delineating some of my fascist plans for when I am dictator great ruler of all I survey, in Steam Chat, so I'll be glad to give those plans a whirl :p.

Grief.exe

Durante got access to Dark Souls 2, he is doing an article for PC Gamer.

I wish I was allowed to talk right now and irrefutably demonstrate just how ridiculous the idea that DS2 PC assets aren't improved over their console counterparts is.

activity82svr.png

Grief.exe

One thing I gotta say, Durante is fucking hyped over the quality of the port so far.

He can't say anything else due to a NDA with PC Gamer, but I am getting excited.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
One thing I gotta say, Durante is fucking hyped over the quality of the port so far.

He can't say anything else due to a NDA with PC Gamer, but I am getting excited.

but...but...the TGS build

I forgot to mention that there are factions in Grim Dawn, which could be an interesting aspect to this game. I say could be because so far I've had no choice in my interactions with these factions. I'm just earning a positive and negative reputation by completing quests. There are more human survivors than just the town of Devil's Crossing. There are a group of peaceful wanderers, criminals and a supernatural faction, the aether-something or other.

The more you post about this game, the more I want to play it. I'm kind of kicking myself for not picking it up a few weeks ago when it was $20.

It's a pretty fun game so far but I wouldn't kick yourself too hard over one missed sale. Grim Dawn isn't content/feature complete so eventually you'd hit a wall and exhaust the existing content. So far I think it's only two acts. It definitely looks like it'll shape up to be a great game though. Certainly rough and kind of old looking but a fun game to play.

Edit: Also, the game really does not like alt-tabbing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Apparently Durante gives 0 fucks about that. :lol
Wish I could say the same. :\

I give even less fucks than durante does, and Grief knows, we've talked about my feelings about the DS2 stuff on steam, I was just joking with him about that

I dont understand people not wanting the game that IS because its not the game that could have been (and im talking solely about people boycotting the game)

GaussTek

I'm way out of touch with gaming these days so I have no idea what this is, but that music is really good. Should I be excited to play this? Definitely looks like something I'd enjoy.

Have you played Sword and Sworcery? It will be a lot like it, plus action combat and rogue like elements.

So, yeah, you should be excited for this one (and, if you haven't played Sword & Sworcery... shame on you!! :p, nah, really play it and you'll more or less know what to expect).

Backlogger

I forgot to mention that there are factions in Grim Dawn, which could be an interesting aspect to this game. I say could be because so far I've had no choice in my interactions with these factions. I'm just earning a positive and negative reputation by completing quests. There are more human survivors than just the town of Devil's Crossing. There are a group of peaceful wanderers, criminals and a supernatural faction, the aether-something or other.

It's a pretty fun game so far but I wouldn't kick yourself too hard over one missed sale. Grim Dawn isn't content/feature complete so eventually you'd hit a wall and exhaust the existing content. So far I think it's only two acts. It definitely looks like it'll shape up to be a great game though. Certainly rough and kind of old looking but a fun game to play.

I wish they had a 2-pack or 4-pack deal for this game.

Rhaknar

im surprised the Uprising 44 key isnt up at groupees yet, the game has been in the coming soon tab for some time now

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That Broforce alpha is a ton of fun (but fuck MacGyver). Hopefully they don't get hit with any C&Ds, as the characters are half the charm.

Just got my Motte Island key from WGN. Check your emails.
You can't even play it, something to do with the key server being boned. It's been like that since they released it 2 days ago.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Not in my experience. They're just so hidden it's highly unlikely to find most of them on your own (in my experience at least).

I know I've found four of them (looked it up), they're displayed in my log as "message from home #x" etc.

Google tells me it is common among others as well. Oh well

Thanks for the suggestion of euro truck simulator 2 guys. I went with Arkham city as i had started that a couple of days previously but next time I get a crate I'll play euro truck and record it with the nvivo a thing - should be fun :)

MRORANGE

So re-installing Windows 7 tomorrow, only problem is I that I have a folder with a bunch of keys and I'm not sure if it has my msdn windows 7 key, l I should be able to get a program that will check my registry fto match if I have the correct key - if I'm correct?

I give even less fucks than durante does, and Grief knows, we've talked about my feelings about the DS2 stuff on steam, I was just joking with him about that

I dont understand people not wanting the game that IS because its not the game that could have been (and im talking solely about people boycotting the game)

Maybe publishers shouldn't be disingenuous with the builds they show. There wouldn't be any consumer backlash if the builds that publishers and developers used for demonstrations to the enthusiast press or enthusiast events and trade shows were actually indicative of what the finished product would be like. The blame solely lies with Bamco and From Software, and given that the publisher has all of the control in that relationship I'm going to say the blame more than likely lies with Bamco. It's great you can overlook that but it's kind of erroneous to shrug and say you can't understand why someone is disappointed with the end product when they were kinda, sorta lied to.

Rhaknar

ugh that fucking DS2 pc thread... why did I even pop in there

Hahahahaha what?!?! What's the context behind this? I might have to go off a googleing.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-tech-interview

Client-side, Respawn has based Titanfall on the Source engine, but it has effectively been re-built from the ground up. In our last Respawn interview, producer Drew McCoy said that "I hate to say that it's the Source Engine" because so much had changed. From our experience with the beta, we saw a piece of technology significantly transformed. Source was never particularly well-threaded, and there was no DirectX 11 support. More than that, the tech simply wasn't built for the kind of ultra-low latency feedback that the erstwhile Infinity Ward team members demand from a satisfying shooter.

Have you played Sword and Sworcery? It will be a lot like it, plus action combat and rogue like elements.

So, yeah, you should be excited for this one (and, if you haven't played Sword & Sworcery... shame on you!! :p, nah, really play it and you'll more or less know what to expect).

For a moment there I thought I had played Sword and Sworcery but it was actually Swords and Soldiers that I played... only then I realised I haven't actually played that either.

Definitely interested in both Below and Swords and Sworcery now though.

Rhaknar

Maybe publishers shouldn't be disingenuous with the builds they show. There wouldn't be any consumer backlash if the builds that publishers and developers used for demonstrations to the enthusiast press or enthusiast events and trade shows were actually indicative of what the finished product would be like. The blame solely lies with Bamco and From Software, and given that the publisher has all of the control in that relationship I'm going to say the blame more than likely lies with Bamco. It's great you can overlook that but it's kind of erroneous to shrug and say you can't understand why someone is disappointed with the end product when they were kinda, sorta lied to.

I meant (and said?) completely boycotting the game, not being disapointed by the graphics / game. For all acounts the actual game is still really good, and a worthy sequel to DS (even if its not revolutionary or anything). But hey, opinions, everyone have them, can I please have mine too? thanks :p

Dr Dogg

So re-installing Windows 7 tomorrow, only problem is I that I have a folder with a bunch of keys and I'm not sure if it has my msdn windows 7 key, l I should be able to get a program that will check my registry fto match if I have the correct key - if I'm correct?

Belarc Advisor is what I've used in the past to grab Office keys. Lots of keyfinders out there are full of malware.

Grief.exe

Here are my thoughts on it.

Does the blame truly rest on From/Namco, or journalists?

Since around early January, both From and Namco have been fairly upfront with what the game looks like. They have shown up at all trade events with playable demos, footage, and screenshots from the retail game. They even released footage, screenshots, and a beta dating back to early December that was representative of the retail build. There have been oversights here and there, but the majority of the message has been the actual retail build since December/January.

These were seen by hundreds upon hundreds of journalists and not a single one asks or mentions the missing lighting system?
From hasn't been disingenuous, just not exactly transparent throughout. Should they have said something? Sure, but Japanese culture being what it is and hindsight being 20/20 I don't exactly blame them.

We deserve a better class of journalists, and everyone deserves to play the excellent Dark Souls II. Don't let a little miscommunication come between you and the sequel to one of the best games of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom