• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsylumX

Is no one else irked that an Early Access title gets DLC. DLC should be made after a game has been completed. These features should be a part of the game, not sold separately.

This is some fucked up shit, and is setting a bad precedent.

Don't Starve, the base game, has been out of Early Access for a while, it would say a pretty long while. What's on Early Access now is the DLC... The DLC just adds extra monsters, season, new biomes and 1 or 2 extra characters. For being a DLC that is priced at $5 it's decent...

nampad

I think ModBot is in love with me. Maybe it is the funny headlines of my PMs, probably my good looks though. Anyway, thank you very much fantomena for Galactic Civilizations 3

Cth

I think ModBot is in love with me. Maybe it is the funny headlines of my PMs, probably my good looks though. Anyway, thank you very much fantomena for Galactic Civilizations 3

I remember when I used to send funny title to Modbot until Stump told me they never got read :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
kinda digging ESO, come at me bros!
its not even on steam, double betrayal!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Currently 2 user reviews, both from developers of the game.

Holy shit, that's a subsoap game? They did go a little nuts after Faerie Solitaire didn't they? FS2 had some pretty crazy special packages for preorder going into the hundreds of dollars but at least they had a ton of extra shit there.

This.

This is robbery.

Holy shit, that's a subsoap game? They did go a little nuts after Faerie Solitaire didn't they? FS2 had some pretty crazy special packages for preorder going into the hundreds of dollars but at least they had a ton of extra shit there.

This.

This is robbery.

It is an ios game I am sure it will be 9.99 when it is released? or less. I mean it looks like they expanded on the ios version or at least they will in the "added features"

Maybe they tried the approach of an early access game that cost more than the final release, but still it's over the price of similar games.

aku:jiki

Wow. I kinda like Faerie Solitaire but that's just stupid. Are they trying to go bankrupt?

Even more minus points for stealing GoatSim's review joke.

derExperte

Wow. I kinda like Faerie Solitaire but that's just stupid. Are they trying to go bankrupt?

Even more minus points for stealing GoatSim's review joke.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/282880/discussions/0/558752356881327967/

About The Price

If you are going to make a post about the price then please read this.

The price is what it is because we are making this game for people who enjoy puzzle games, people who do not have access to many high quality puzzle games. If you do not play puzzle games already then this game is likely not for you. The price is what it is because we believe the finished game will deliver more than enough value than the asking price, and will give many, many hours of enjoyment to the audience who enjoys these kinds of games. We've worked hard on and continue to work hard on this game, and we could not afford to price the game lower. It's possible the price is a mistake, and that there is simply no demand for well made puzzle games. If that's true then it's our mistake to make.

So, please, if the price bothers you do not buy this game. If the game does not interest you then no price would be right for you, and if we lowered the price then we could not afford to make the best possible game for the people who do appreciate puzzle games. If the game does interest you, but not enough to buy at the price it's being sold at then try to find a coupon as we have enabled them, or add the game to your wishlist and wait for a sale.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

I wish them good luck and it may very well be worth it but they'll have a VERY hard time convincing people of this.

mrgone

Seems like the "discerning dev" early access price. I'm guessing it'll be $10-15 when it's out of beta.

edit: Oh, no, it's just full-on crazy. Thanks derExperte :)

MUnited83

For you.
Is no one else irked that an Early Access title gets DLC. DLC should be made after a game has been completed. These features should be a part of the game, not sold separately.

This is some fucked up shit, and is setting a bad precedent.
No one else is irked because thats not what is happening. Dont starve has been out of early access for a long, long time. A little more research before bringing out the pitchforks, please ;)

JustinBB7

Not a lot of people in the OT but telltale tweeted the release dates for Wolf Among Us Episode 3:

Telltale Games @telltalegames

Release dates for #TheWolfAmongUs Ep3! 4/8: PC/Mac WW, PS3 North America; 4/9: Xbox 360 WW, PS3 EU; iOS next week too

Steam next tuesday!

zkylon

zkylewd
1C is not big for you enough? (><)
1C is just Tripwire's retail distribution partner. Think Valve's relationship with EA Partners.
i was asleep but u know it's the indie category issue that's always hard to think

like is mount & blade an indie game? or project eternity? or like arma? or l4d2?

like even hotline miami has a publisher, so it's just weird

in the end i don't really care too much if something's indie or not so i just go by whatever "feels" indie for me

Knurek

The price is what it is because we are making this game for people who enjoy puzzle games, people who do not have access to many high quality puzzle games. If you do not play puzzle games already then this game is likely not for you. The price is what it is because we believe the finished game will deliver more than enough value than the asking price, and will give many, many hours of enjoyment to the audience who enjoys these kinds of games. We've worked hard on and continue to work hard on this game, and we could not afford to price the game lower. It's possible the price is a mistake, and that there is simply no demand for well made puzzle games. If that's true then it's our mistake to make.

Umm, yeah, there's only, like, a gazzilion of match-3 games on Steam already, including fan favorite games like Bejeweled 3 (cheaper than this game) and Puzzle Quest (also cheaper than this game).

Tellaerin

Has anyone here played this yet? I saw there was a Playfire reward for playing it and decided to find out what the heck it was. Reading the description and review comments has me sorely tempted to blow my accumulated card money on it, even though it's not on sale (which for me is madness. >.> ) Wondering if anyone has any impressions.

HoosTrax

I'm highly skeptical that a Match-3 hybrid can provide as much value as they're claiming. And by value, I don't mean dozens of levels with minor variation, like with Faerie Solitarie.

Bejeweled 3 did at least have a nice variety of game modes, but I don't recall at any point it being close to $30. Basically, remixing a well-trodden genre and setting a price between indie and AAA is going to be a hard sell until proven otherwise.

It's also weird to put Match-3 fans on some sort of connoisseur-like pedestal. We're not exactly talking about a hardcore genre like grand strategy, 4X, or space sim here.

mrgone

I'm highly skeptical that a Match-3 hybrid can provide as much value as they're claiming. And by value, I don't mean dozens of levels with minor variation, like with Faerie Solitarie.

Bejeweled 3 did at least have a nice variety of game modes, but I don't recall at any point it being close to $30. Basically, remixing a well-trodden genre and setting a price between indie and AAA is going to be a hard sell until proven otherwise.

It's also weird to put Match-3 fans on some sort of connoisseur-like pedestal. We're not exactly talking about a hardcore genre like grand strategy, 4X, or space sim here.

It was $20 when it launched I think, but Popcap's always tended towards crazy pricing as well.

Has this been posted, looks significantly worse than bad rats

in game screenshot!

ss_f6629b1cfec31de45d98567c0c7910344e2a364c.1920x1080.jpg

Teppic

Has anyone here played this yet? I saw there was a Playfire reward for playing it and decided to find out what the heck it was. Reading the description and review comments has me sorely tempted to blow my accumulated card money on it, even though it's not on sale (which for me is madness. >.> ) Wondering if anyone has any impressions.
Haven't played it, but there is a demo you could try out.

In other news: Got my first booster pack today!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/282880/discussions/0/558752356881327967/

I wish them good luck and it may very well be worth it but they'll have a VERY hard time convincing people of this.

I'll follow that forum over the next few days, could be hilarious.
I really don't see their strategy of selling very few copies at that price to "puzzle enthusiasts" vs selling lots and lots of copies to casual puzzle fans and people who enjoyed Faerie Solitaire working out too well.

In another post they were even reluctant to give out keys for people who bought their Infinity Bundle (which promised keys for all their games, forever) until the game was done, because it would take time away from development. That's nice.

Arkin Oranges was pretty good for a non-Rocksteady Batman. Shame about all the bugs though. Luckily nothing game breaking, but suddenly losing functionality in the Y button as an apparent result of beating the game is annoying. I beat down 3 data handlers and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't let me interrogate them.

Arkin Oranges was pretty good for a non-Rocksteady Batman. Shame about all the bugs though. Luckily nothing game breaking, but suddenly losing functionality in the Y button as an apparent result of beating the game is annoying. I beat down 3 data handlers and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't let me interrogate them.

I got Origins at launch, for free with a purchase of a graphics card. I played through that game for 30 hours without issue. I didn't encounter any of the problems that you've mentioned.

Thanks PixyJunket for linking that Half-Minute hero giveaway.

Indeed.

Edit:
Dammit, I read that as Half Minute Hero 2 Giveaway...
And I won... so...
Well, thanks to PixyJunket for doing the giveaway and COPLonesteban for sponsoring it over in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794738

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Minute Hero -- MB-32478CF697154409 - Taken by Garcia. 10 entrants total.

t1396475731z1.png

I got Origins at launch, for free with a purchase of a graphics card. I played through that game for 30 hours without issue. I didn't encounter any of the problems that you've mentioned.

It's apparently hit or miss for people, this is just the first time in recent memory where I seem to get all the nasty glitches. I usually luck out on this type of thing, like zero save issues with GFWL, things like that.

derExperte

How am I supposed to perform a successful backflip in Goat Simulator?

The bigger issue is getting more than three points in Flappy Goat. 10? Impossigoat.

Plus I'm stuck slowly floating through space while farting. And now everything is green but there's an astronaut. This game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom