• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stranger's Wrath was on Groupee's Be Mine 5, how did I miss that one?

jMSNU9K.png
Ah man, Stranger's Wrath.
Very fun game, I love the first person and third person idea, very cool.

Although one problem I have with it is that achievements are really bugged.
There's an achievement for bounty-ing 250 outlaws without killing them and it's a really rare achievement because every time you close the game, it'll forget how many enemies you've bountied so you could be at 249/250 bounties, but then if you close the game and restart you'll be at 0/250 bounties, pretty annoying.

Same thing goes with difficulty settings, if you play through the entire game on hard, but if you turn the game off at any point it'll forget you're playing on hard so you won't be able to get the achievement for finishing the game on hard and you'll only get easy.

Thankfully there are ways to make the achievements unlock anyway, with the bounties bit you can just quicksave and quickload the first ever bounty you do and suck him up 250 times(should take about 30 minutes or so) and you can unlock it that way.

And for the hard difficulty achievement you can quicksave at the final boss on hard, and then start a new game on hard and during your new game quickload to the final boss save and beat the final boss, that'll make sure the game recognizes you're playing on hard and give you the achievement.

FloatOn

Not that I'm not grateful but shit man I just realized that I'm kind of angry over getting Castlevania Mirror of Fate ported instead of Harmony of Despair.

I remember having a good time with that back when I had a 360. I wouldn't even mind it having all the DLC separated to hell and back like it was on 360.

Grief.exe

Shot in the dark here, but does anyone happen to have an extra Be Mine 5 bundle?

jMSNU9K.png

Ah man, Stranger's Wrath.
Very fun game, I love the first person and third person idea, very cool.

There's an achievement for bounty-ing 250 outlaws without killing them and it's a really rare achievement because every time you close the game, it'll forget how many enemies you've bountied so you could be at 249/250 bounties, but then if you close the game and restart you'll be at 0/250 bounties, pretty annoying.

Same thing goes with difficulty settings, if you play through the entire game on hard, but if you turn the game off at any point it'll forget you're playing on hard so you won't be able to get the achievement for finishing the game on hard and you'll only get easy.

Thankfully there are ways to make the achievements unlock anyway, with the bounties bit you can just quicksave and quickload the first ever bounty you do and suck him up 250 times(should take about 30 minutes or so) and you can unlock it that way.

And for the hard difficulty achievement you can quicksave at the final boss on hard, and then start a new game on hard and during your new game quickload to the final boss save and beat the final boss, that'll make sure the game recognizes you're playing on hard and give you the achievement.

Nice to see there are workaround, will keep those in mind when I'm playing through myself.

I assume that same goes for these other collection based achievements.

9ZDk9Pb.png

Not that I'm not grateful but shit man I just realized that I'm kind of angry over getting Castlevania Mirror of Fate ported instead of Harmony of Despair.

I remember having a good time with that back when I had a 360. I wouldn't even mind it having all the DLC separated to hell and back like it was on 360.

Konami is just getting started. In the past ~year they have already funded the ports of 5 games onto Steam and they are starting to release new games day one.

I'm very excited going forward.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

It can be cheesed pretty easily by capturing the same person 250 times while reloading a save.

Shot in the dark here, but does anyone happen to have an extra Be Mine 5 bundle?

Nice to see there are workaround, will keep those in mind when I'm playing through myself.

I assume that same goes for these other collection based achievements.
Yeah, the other collection based ones are basically the same except for having 20,000 moolah before doc mongo's retreat isn't glitched, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Some of my rarest achievements have come from Stranger's Wrath HD because of those bugged achievements, so that's cool.

It can be cheesed pretty easily by capturing the same person 250 times while reloading a save.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to explain here.

Sorry if I worded it poorly.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Are we going to do another unclaimed Modbot giveaway any time soon? Or are there not that many orphaned codes?

aku:jiki

I thought so too, but reading the reviews make it sound like a bad Defense Grid clone.
How can something be a Defense Grid, though? DG is a very good TD game but it doesn't really do anything unique to clone.

And Defense Technica isn't bad, it's just kind of annoyingly hard and picky with where you place towers. Not a lot of room to improvise in the levels I played.

Grief.exe

Does the same trick work with the other collection-based achievements?

Reload 24 times when you collect an Orange Crystal, reload 9 times when you destroy a Hidden Barrel, etc?

Thanks so much for A New Beginning Grief!

Thank you Grief for Epigenesis!

Thanks for Beatblasters!

It works now.

Thank you for A-TRAIN Grief.exe. :)

No problem guys, enjoy.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It went from unclaimed to 11 entrants, haha.

So, dirty little ModBot secret: The number of entrants includes the number of people who asked for the game but who didn't meet the rules. I'm guessing a few failed the rule saying they had to give away a game, and a few failed the no wins in the last day. And a few probably failed the lurker requirement.

When you send a claim request, ModBot does stuff in this order:
- Receive claim request
- Check out if something about the claim is bogus (claiming multiple games in one PM, previous entry for the same giveaway with no free-for-all, claiming a key that doesn't exist) but otherwise don't process any rules for the giveaway itself.
- Add the claim to a claim pile to be processed later.

And then on the processing side, it goes:
- Do I have any claims to process?
- If it's not a raffle, process claims for a given game in chronological order, first valid claimant gets it.
- If it is a raffle, and the time has passed, draw a random entry until you get one that passes the rule requirements.

The reasoning behind it is that the rules shouldn't apply until the final draw, because if it's a raffle, someone might enter the raffle while not being valid, but become valid before the raffle is over (or vice versa; if someone wins in the mean time, it might disqualify them for something they were qualified for when they entered)

With stuff with heavy rules, this might result in a bunch of people entering, no one winning, and then when someone valid enters it going from "0" to "a bunch".

So, dirty little ModBot secret: The number of entrants includes the number of people who asked for the game but who didn't meet the rules. I'm guessing a few failed the rule saying they had to give away a game, and a few failed the no wins in the last day. And a few probably failed the lurker requirement.

I failed two requirements lol. I didn't even notice it until after I entered, I think I've done that a few times now whoops. I need to learn to read.

Free game time

ModBot said:
Instructions for PetriP-TNT:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Airbuccaneers -- MB-575CD3AAB9CF0819 - Taken by Dipper145

edit: two more
ModBot said:
ulgzbKC.png
Oknytt (Desura) -- MB-BB0DDD065917E16F - Taken by Ingueferroque
ulgzbKC.png
Unhack (Desura) -- MB-06642A9FDED6D575 - Taken by Baha

no one has taken this yet.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gravity Badgers -- MB-1A7795AD915682D9

Thorgal

Nice city :)

Anno 2070 does indeed look glorious, but then again, so does Anno 1404. And speaking of the latter... any further news about its return to Steam?

Thanks !

Researchers are currently being a pain because of their need for energy drinks during research .

Guys are gulping that Red Bull stuff down like it is water .

Smash88

Banned
Is no one else irked that an Early Access title gets DLC. DLC should be made after a game has been completed. These features should be a part of the game, not sold separately.

This is some fucked up shit, and is setting a bad precedent.

HoosTrax

Oh that's another pet peeve of mine -- games that have in-game achievements, but no corresponding Steam achievements. I find it hard to believe that there are technical barriers that prevent it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-99EC23D1EF9E8DF6 - Taken by Ezalc. 1 entrants total.
Type:Rider -- MB-D7CF81D4B658645A - Taken by schuey7. 9 entrants total.
Bridge Constructor -- MB-BBE06CF592F57017 - Taken by Mugatu. 3 entrants total.

t1396466461z1.png

user237

Since many people are getting Ravensword: Shadowlands in the bundle, I'd like to ask if everyone shares my negative reaction to it? I wanted to give the game a chance but it just seemed so shallow.

Is no one else irked that an Early Access title gets DLC. DLC should be made after a game has been completed. These features should be a part of the game, not sold separately.

Don't Starve was released from Early Access, I believe. So it really isn't considered 'Early Access' anymore.

Since many people are getting Ravensword: Shadowlands in the bundle, I'd like to ask if everyone shares my negative reaction to it? I wanted to give the game a chance but it just seemed so shallow.

You are assuming people play they games they get from ModBot. Gotta get that +1

Diedac

Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-37B54BA4140AC995 - Taken by Sammichu. 4 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-5EEF71BC567BBE43 - Taken by Miker. 15 entrants total.

t1396476766z1.png

How am I supposed to perform a successful backflip in Goat Simulator?

Go into the gravity factory.... wait until you are slowly raising up in the ventilator room and press rmb and w until you are nearly on the ground... if you are nearly on the ground press jump until you get a "perfect jump". Get your 10000000 points in a few seconds and your 10 flips in one jump.

Grief.exe

Don't Starve has been out of Early Access for a long time now.

Wok

Jump on a trampoline, there's one by the spawn point. Right click and hold S.

Go into the gravity factory.... wait until you are slowly raising up in the ventilator room and press rmb and w until you are nearly on the ground... if you are nearly on the ground press jump until you get a "perfect jump". Get your 10000000 points in a few seconds and your 10 flips in one jump.

Okay, I will stop trying to jump from some hills. Thanks.

Hold B and move the stick while in air (if using a controller).

I have not tried holding B. Just pressing the ragdoll button while in the air. I am going to try this as well. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom