• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Child of light is ~ 6 Keys in Ukraine it saved me about €5 on the euro price not sure if its a saving on the $ price though

And it is region free unless Ubisoft add in a region lock later

Child of Light has a universal sub so a retroactive region-lock is practically impossible.

yuraya

3lAJiuM.jpg

What does it mean?

It means bad rats has sold 6666 copies to date

Antichrist approves

Lain

Played some Dwarfs?! for a couple achievements and found the game quite addicting. If I didn't have more D3 (RoS has been so damn good) to play, I'd spend more time on it.

Dr Dogg

We need Stranglehold on Steam. Make it happen, WB!

I bought it on PS3 when it came out as it was at the time the only way to get Hard Boiled on BluRay (that and it came in a swanky Steelbook) but I'd happily pay up for it to get a Steam release. Not heard anything about the state of the PC port but seeing as it's UE3 it should be in quite good shape.

R.I.P in peace Midway.

Grief.exe

Actually speaking of Child of Light, what's the going rate from traders and are there any region locks?

Probably going to pick up a physical PS3 Deluxe Edition with all the extra swank but do really want it on PC but I'm not taking the chance with uPlay's content delivery ever again.

I believe Europe is getting that physical edition as well. Won't activate on Steam though.

Last I heard, consoles have Uplay too.

Is the console implementation the same as the rumored Watch Dogs Uplay integration?

IE just sign in and activate, then you are done?

Levyne

Banned
I always thought console uplay was just basically 4 or 5 more "achievements" that unlocked little in-game doo-dads. Actually pretty neat and inoffensive, imo. But I haven't played one since Revelations

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is the console implementation the same as the rumored Watch Dogs Uplay integration?

IE just sign in and activate, then you are done?

It's virtually identical to the Steam integration in Portal 2 PS3. There's an overlay with a few rudimentary features, and you receive Uplay pop-ups when you reach "action" milestones that earn you Upoints, but that's about it. This is how Uplay looks on the PS4 and X1:

4ad1e07738a85d2c13f053bfc576b10d.jpg

styl3s

I bought it on PS3 when it came out as it was at the time the only way to get Hard Boiled on BluRay (that and it came in a swanky Steelbook) but I'd happily pay up for it to get a Steam release. Not heard anything about the state of the PC port but seeing as it's UE3 it should be in quite good shape.

R.I.P in peace Midway.
I was pissed when i bought Stranglehold on PS3 because they made it seem like you were getting Hard Boiled in HD but it was just the SD film i believe transcoded to 1080 on a blu-ray disc. I remember a big fuss about it on the AVS forums.

We didn't get a "true" HD Hard Boiled transfer till 2010 from Dragon Dynasty.

fantomena

One of this months biggest indie game releases. Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FRACT OSC -- MB-9C170A3952EF649F - Taken by Wok. 40 entrants total.

t1397494422z1.png

Dr Dogg

I believe Europe is getting that physical edition as well. Won't activate on Steam though.

Yeah I'm tempted to get the PC version and flip the uPlay code and get it on Steam (especially after the Blacklist kerfuffle I went through). If you can downsample as much as you can in other UbiArt titles then this game is going to look spectacular on PC. Some of Alo81's Rayman ultra widescreen pics of Rayman Legends are beyond gorgeous.

I was pissed when i bought Stranglehold on PS3 because they made it seem like you were getting Hard Boiled in HD but it was just the SD film i believe transcoded to 1080 on a blu-ray disc. I remember a big fuss about it on the AVS forums.

We didn't get a "true" HD Hard Boiled transfer till 2010 from Dragon Dynasty.

Yeah all the early BluRay transfers were complete opposite ends of the spectrum. You either got a fully rencoded transfer or a quick dvd hack job, never anything inbetween unless it was a current film.

styl3s

second the 'no issues with uPlay, yet'. And that includes 40 hours through FarCry3 issue-free.

now all my saves will be deleted
Since i got back into PC gaming last year i haven't had any problems with Uplay or Origin and it baffles me how much hate both get when both seem to work fine.

I don't doubt that some people have problems but it's clear these aren't mega issues that hundreds of thousands or millions of people are having.

nampad

Seeing people talk about the CS:GO knife, how do you get these weapons/items you can sell on Steam? Are they random drops?
Are these things just cosmetic or do they have an advantage (DOTA2 stuff)?

Megasoum

Banned
I don't mind UPlay itself too much but I just don't want to download Watch_Dogs through it.. Which means that my only choices are to buy directly from Steam or Origin which means I'm forced to pay full price (I missed on the Origin deal last week)...fuck that.

Grief.exe

Since i got back into PC gaming last year i haven't had any problems with Uplay or Origin and it baffles me how much hate both get when both seem to work fine.

I don't doubt that some people have problems but it's clear these aren't mega issues that hundreds of thousands or millions of people are having.

Its less about the issues and more about publisher enforcing a completely unnessceary layer of DRM upon us.

Seeing people talk about the CS:GO knife, how do you get these weapons/items you can sell on Steam? Are they random drops?

The items in both DOTA2 and CS:GO are cosmetic.

Lunaniem

You can get some weapons through drops, but the more rare items like the knife sold is from unboxing a crate.

They only are cosmetics.

Saty

By the way, what's the lowest placement shows up for your friends in Flappy Goat? Could be a way to estimate Goat Simulator sales. Mine is 71,114.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Of course Playfire does rewards for a game I just 100%'d a week ago. :(

Oh well. Anyway, I just got my first gaming pc (really a laptop - an ideapad y410p), so I'm excited to be able to play more than just indie games now.

RealMeat

Banned
By the way, what's the lowest placement shows up for your friends in Flappy Goat? Could be a way to estimate Goat Simulator sales. Mine is 71,114.

I wonder how the devs will feel if it outsells the Sanctum games. Wouldn't surprise me if it already has.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I saw items worth $20,00 drop on CS:GO servers, of course I never got one, I don't even get foil, yes singular.

styl3s

Its less about the issues and more about publisher enforcing a completely unnessceary layer of DRM upon us.

The items in both DOTA2 and CS:GO are cosmetic.
It's obvious uplay isn't going away anytime soon so why not just deal with it like an adult.

It's obvious uplay isn't going away anytime soon so why not just deal with it like an adult.

Devil's advocate here, since my uPlay issues have been super light (knock on wood, fingers crossed, and all that) but your statement is a direct echo of the exact sentiments expressed about Games for Windows Live.

Complaining about the issues uPlay has (or GFWL had, for that matter) doesn't make you any less adult-like. It just makes people like you and me more fortunate that either the issues haven't cropped up as much or they aren't as bothersome to us when they do.

I'm really happy that I get to take 'er easy and abide. I'm also really happy that people care enough about the future of PC gaming to demand a higher standard.

Grief.exe

I would think the 'adult' thing to do would be discuss the pros and cons of a specific service objectively and come to a conclusion on its worth.

Rumors also point to forced Uplay client integration and management going away, will have to wait and see what happens with Watch Dogs PC.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The thing is, a GFWL and uPlay comparison is never going to be equivalent.

GFWL was a genuine competing service to Steam in its heyday, actively trying to sway developers away from Steamworks and on to GFWL.

uPlay, for however bad it is (and I have complaints, too), is internal to Ubisoft. They aren't looking to expand it beyond their own studios.

It's like equating the Soviet Union and Cuba in the Cold War.

Hasney

The only physical edition for PC i will buy is the Homeworld 1 & 2 HD Collectors Edition with the 12" one.

3lySYaT.jpg

I, er, don't want to know what you'll be doing with that.

I kind of really want that too, even if it means giving money to Gearbox

Grief.exe

The thing is, a GFWL and uPlay comparison is never going to be equivalent.

GFWL was a genuine competing service to Steam in its heyday, actively trying to sway developers away from Steamworks and on to GFWL.

uPlay, for however bad it is (and I have complaints, too), is internal to Ubisoft. They aren't looking to expand it beyond their own studios.

It's like equating the Soviet Union and Cuba in the Cold War.

They do sell other publisher's titles on Uplay.

Not sure how something like Titanfall works though.

BFxFDdT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom