• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

fuck I only have worms revolution
oZ7eKVr.png

topyy

ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ibomber Defense -- MB-DDC0C30979635BD1 - Taken by tylergregg. 3 entrants total.
Epigenesis -- MB-409D3F1278E4E0A4 - Taken by zeroOman. 3 entrants total.
Sang Froid Tales of Werewolves -- MB-B0D486EB5B2F4B94 - Taken by Volotaire. 2 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero -- MB-8C288385CA009949 - Taken by ricochetguro. 9 entrants total.

t1397507114z1.png

fantomena

Oh god, some of these textures in Resi4 HD. I gotta get eye surgery tommorrow.

THe point here is not that I need eye surgery because their are outdated, but there are a mix between HD textures and Gamecube textures. ugh.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Chuck's Challenge 3D for 3.60€ (GMG with voucher) looks like a solid deal, game got totally overlooked despite very positive reviews.

I'd probably pick it up for the rewards if I weren't in the middle of Lego The Hobbit. If you can unlock the reward achievements before the timer runs out, you can basically get Chuck's Challenge 3D for about $0.44.

(Game is $3.99 after coupon, comes with $0.10 in GMG credit upon purchase, and has $3.35 worth of playfire rewards)

Dr Dogg

Half-Minute Hero 1
the image like an AD = =
modbot gave a wrong image

Here you go.

header_292x136.jpg

Just edit your post with the Modbot raffle so it's got the image above and everything should be fine.

Edit: Well not that it matters now seeing that rico already won it hahaha.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If I had the game I would. I was just about to buy it with credit on GMG and then I realized I'm trying to do work to get a game for free.

Check your PMs - no work involved!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I never got the android version when I ordered from the humble store.

It was added fairly recently (a few months back) so you should login to your Humble account and it should be there now.

That is very cool.

Does the Android version have controller support as well? Could sideload it onto the FireTV.
NCkMxqc.png

Sadly not as the PC/mobile versions are two separate builds and I needed to keep the filesize below 50mb for mobile. :(

Few more achievements for playfire and I may snag Batman Blackgate for free. They have some great deals this week. I'm hoping Steam has a comparable sale this weekend.

Not worth it for Blackgate, save your $.

If I had the game I would. I was just about to buy it with credit on GMG and then I realized I'm trying to do work to get a game for free.

Most of them are grindy... I think -- I'm not sure how to trigger a jetpack match for the fly monkey fly one but the cocktail one *was* bugged at some point and requires 100 wins in multiplayer.

Probably not worth the time for the small reward.
If you need someone to beat for the monkey virus one, I have it now, It hink.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Last Dream has cards btw (from the indiegala)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
7th Guest, huh? Cool. I liked D a lot. It was one of the first PC games I ever purchased http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D_(video_game)

I wish D, D2, and Enemy Zero may someday come to Steam as all had PC versions, but I doubt it'll happen. I also always get really sad these days when the games get brought up as it reminds me that the director of those games died a year ago. He really was up there with ambition on what defined what games are, years later there still are no other games like the D series or Enemy Zero.

DocSeuss

But Clear Sky is the worsstttt STALKER game :( Also the original retail version of it had Tages so I still hate it.

No, that's Call of Pripyat.

God, F.E.A.R. still has the best gunplay of any shooter I've ever played.

Betrayer is the next game from that team. They were working on something else before they left Monolith. No idea what.

But yeah, Betrayer has some of the most intense fights I've ever been in, and it's mostly bows/arrows/muzzle-loaded weapons. It's a superb game that ends just as it begins to wear out its welcome.

Even the worst STALKER game is better than 90% of FPS out there. Fact.

I'll thank you not to spread your LIES around the internet.

Even the worst STALKER game is better than 99% of all video games out there. That's a fact.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I need to play more of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games (and by more, I mean more than 10 minutes of playing one of the titles). I'm sure I'd like them, with some of their horror elements and all.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I can confirm that Cook, Serve, Delicious Extreme mode is CRAZY hard. Those rush hours, holy shit.

muhahaha! It is, quite literally, the hardest I could make the game without glitching the code. There's not an extra millisecond of time I could shave off to make it faster.

I need to give away some copies of the game, haven't done that in a bit...

MUnited83

For you.
muhahaha! It is, quite literally, the hardest I could make the game without glitching the code. There's not an extra millisecond of time I could shave off to make it faster.

I need to give away some copies of the game, haven't done that in a bit...

That reminds me, has your problem with Strategy First because of Oil Blue ever been solved?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
That reminds me, has your problem with Strategy First because of Oil Blue ever been solved?

Yeah, they finally paid what they owed me and took down the game from their site. It was such a gigantic mess.

Ok, giveaway time!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cook, Serve, Delicious!, #3 -- MB-849156A5EF0B210B - Taken by Cth. 14 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious!, #2 -- MB-8AAC1F47CD2D026C - Taken by Last Baron. 17 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious!, -- MB-402482253EC2E2BD - Taken by Kiru. 18 entrants total.

t1397520294z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

It changes the gameplay in an interesting way. Some dishes become completely non-viable (wine). You get so many customers--in a not particularly busy day I got pretty near 200--it's strategically worth foregoing recipe upgrades that make the recipes more complex. The reduced income isn't a big deal because of the volume you're moving, but the recipe complexity wrecks your chance at a perfect day.

Also starting over on extreme mode all I want is to rebuy the Kickstarter stuff so chores will be easy. Having to take out the un-upgraded garbage during rush hour = insta-screwed!

Aerocrane

Is there a common consensus on which S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game is the best?

I liked Shadow of Chernobyl the best, but Clear Sky isn't too bad either so you probably should pick it up as its in a bundle. If you get Clear Sky, you might want to look into getting the Complete mod for it. I think there are versions of the Complete mod for all three games.

Reposting cause I'm a sad panda -

Anyone have issues with Baldur's Gate II: EE not running at all?

I have it installed, but it won't boot at all. I've seen that there's a common issue with compatibility, but I tried the fixes and still nothing...

I really wanna play!

Vazduh

Playfire says that steam account is linked with the app, but the achievements and gameplay hours haven't been updated at all (linked it few months ago, uninstalled it and reinstalled about a week ago). I've sent a support ticket few days ago but no answer yet. What to do?

Grief.exe

Playfire says that steam account is linked with the app, but the achievements and gameplay hours haven't been updated at all (linked it few months ago, uninstalled it and reinstalled about a week ago). I've sent a support ticket few days ago but no answer yet. What to do?

The site recommends logging in and out, but sounds like you should just send a support ticket at this point. People have had success with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom