• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scribblenauts with DC characters.

6713975_f260.jpg

ezodagrom

That was the issue with full burst? 30FPS and the health gauges didn't scale for bigger resolutions?
I guess those 2 and online mode issues, though apparently the online mode has been fixed (I actually only tried online once, got the game more for the single player).

Personally the 30 fps lock is not really a big issue. While 60fps+ would have been nice, it's not like much could have been done about it, since the game (full burst) is tied to the framerate (when the framerate goes lower than 30 fps, the game slows down)

Milamber

Seriously? Basically taking the dictionary of previous Scribblenauts games and just adding the DC characters to it.

If you're wondering what Scribblenauts proper is then you just get dropped into levels where you have to solve basic puzzles that require objects you summon via your dictionary of words. It's fun for like a half hour, then you just start spamming BLACKHOLE and the like.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Thanks for the computer advice guys. I guess I will wait a bit to see if the new 800 cards lower the price of the 700 ones.

And dice, I have no idea what I have, my memory isn't that great. (My actual memory, the computer has good ram I believe)

Jawmuncher

I guess those 2 and online mode issues, though apparently the online mode has been fixed (I actually only tried online once, got the game more for the single player).

Personally the 30 fps is not really a big issue. While 60fps+ would have been nice, it's not like much could have been done about it, since the game (full burst) is tied to the framerate (when the framerate goes lower than 30 fps, the game slows down)

Ahhh ok I didn't know about the online issues.
Yeah the 30FPS was explained since the game was made with that in mind. Reminds me of LA Noire. The facial animations are tied to 30FPS so the 60FPS mod just messes with the game.

Space Rangers 2 is one of my favourite games of all time. I bought it after reading a glowing review in Pelit magazine back in 2005. I pre-ordered the HD rerelease, but at least back on release it had problems with the text being unreadably small. I'd love to play it again, but I just don't have the time to put in another couple hundred hours into the game like I did years ago.

The text is scalable, look in the options :p

didamangi

Tempted to buy Cook, Serve, Delicious!, but I remember that the humble store version also gives you the android version so going to wait for that instead.

Overdoziz

Banned
After reading up on Gods Will Be Watching it's definitely on my radar now. Love games with choices that aren't as black and white as in most AAA games.

Grief.exe

Tempted to buy Cook, Serve, Delicious!, but I remember that the humble store version also gives you the android version so going to wait for that instead.

That is very cool.

Does the Android version have controller support as well? Could sideload it onto the FireTV.

I never got the android version when I ordered from the humble store.

Make sure you double check as it is available

NCkMxqc.png

didamangi

I never got the android version when I ordered from the humble store.

Huh, I just filter the android games on their store and it shows up. So I dunno.

That is very cool.

Does the Android version have controller support as well? Could sideload it onto the FireTV.

Don't have the game yet so can't answer that but considering the kind of game it is I think touch controls would probably be better than using a controller.

MUnited83

For you.
Hmm steam should really have 2-way authentication with mobile phones of tags or some shit.

In related news, my origin account has now been hacked 4 times. Not sure how they're gaining access as it's a unique pass. Also no spyware and stuff on my PC.

Funny enough they just 'borrow' my account to play BF4 heh.

Also yo steam where's the deals!

Steam already has 2-way authentication though. That's why SteamGuard exists... Sure, it uses your email instead of your phone, but just activate 2-way authentication on your email and that will be exactly the same.

fantomena

Seriously? Basically taking the dictionary of previous Scribblenauts games and just adding the DC characters to it.

If you're wondering what Scribblenauts proper is then you just get dropped into levels where you have to solve basic puzzles that require objects you summon via your dictionary of words. It's fun for like a half hour, then you just start spamming BLACKHOLE and the like.

I already have the first Scribblenauts on Steam, sounds lke Unmaskes is not worth 6$.

HoosTrax

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart is also on sale for 50% off as a part of the Weeklong Deals.
It is an HD rerelease of the Russian cult classic Space Rangers 2 where you the player are a "Space Ranger", defending the galaxy from the alien race Dominators who threaten the existence of all other races. It is a crazy mix of genres, with turn-based space combat, RTS planetary battles with the option to control the units from third-person perspective like a shooter, text adventure events and a shmup mode. Mind you, this game was originally released back in 2004 and is definitely still very much an "Euro jank" game.
All of the screenshots are in Russian...is the English translation competent?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Why did Contagion show up on the new releases tab? Thought it got out of Early Access a while ago...

Parsnip

For some reason I still find it weird that Darksiders and Red Faction are now Nordic Games.

Wait, SupCom is also Nordic published? When did that happen, or maybe it was always like that? Weird.

Jawmuncher

For some reason I still find it weird that Darksiders and Red Faction are now Nordic Games.

Wait, SupCom is also Nordic published? When did that happen, or maybe it was always like that? Weird.

Basically anything THQ that you forgot about is at Nordic now.

Chavelo

O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK
20%

Thank you! :)

Something is going on with GMG, though. Did something change recently? For some reason, the basket is displaying the total amount in euros even though I'm in the US. Has there been a policy change regarding prices with greenmangaming?

Nabs

Thank you! :)

Something is going on with GMG, though. Did something change recently? For some reason, the basket is displaying the total amount in euros even though I'm in the US. Has there been a policy change regarding prices with greenmangaming?

Looks like there might be a problem for some people

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108122118&postcount=25

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108129036&postcount=61

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108144102&postcount=90

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108133536&postcount=72

Parsnip

Speaking of FEZ, finished the PC version earlier today. Still a great game, discovering things for the second time isn't obviously as rewarding, but what a joy regardless.

Also, someone posted this in the FEZ PSN thread, and I can't stop laughing at it.

http://i.imgur.com/lf1i492.jpg

fantomena

Can't believe how fast Warner Bros. PC versions are getting sales. I mean, it feels like Blackgate releases just 1 week ago and it's already 50% off on GMG.

Thank god I have stopped pre-ordering games*

*excluding HL3, Shenmue 3 and TLG

Anteater

Can't believe how fast Warner Bros. PC versions are getting sales. I mean, it feels like Blackgate releases just 1 week ago and it's already 50% off on GMG.

Thank god I have stopped pre-ordering games*

*excluding HL3, Shenmue 3 and TLG

Last game I preordered was ffx >.>

okayfrog

Banned
Quick Fez question: Are there any "upgrades" in the game? I got one that allows me to go through doors with two cubes on 'em -- err, I was able to go through one door like this, at least. Not sure if I obtained an upgrade that allowed me to do that, though. I only ask because I've gotten stuck in several areas and I'm not sure if some puzzles require "upgrades" to solve. Also: Should I go through each warp gate (I think that's what they're called) when they appear? I did that for all but the last one I've unlocked as I still had stuff I wanted to get in that area, but I'm not sure if I need to go through them or not.

Twinduct

Steam already has 2-way authentication though. That's why SteamGuard exists... Sure, it uses your email instead of your phone, but just activate 2-way authentication on your email and that will be exactly the same.

I know about Steamguard, just wish it was extended to a phone option as well. Hell if I had to type in three different codes everytime I log in from an unknown source, I'd be happy enough.

Aerocrane

The text is scalable, look in the options :p
Ahh, I'll have to reinstall it when I'm done with university entrance exams.

All of the screenshots are in Russian...is the English translation competent?

From what I remember playing of the original release, it was pretty bad at some parts. The new HD rerelease got a new translation which is much better. The devs are taking feedback on errors in the localisation on the steam forums of the game and it seems to be mostly small grammatical mistakes.

Quick Fez question: Are there any "upgrades" in the game? I got one that allows me to go through doors with two cubes on 'em -- err, I was able to go through one door like this, at least. Not sure if I obtained an upgrade that allowed me to do that, though. I only ask because I've gotten stuck in several areas and I'm not sure if some puzzles require "upgrades" to solve. Also: Should I go through each warp gate (I think that's what they're called) when they appear? I did that for all but the last one I've unlocked as I still had stuff I wanted to get in that area, but I'm not sure if I need to go through them or not.

The small little cubes you find are cube shards. When you collect 8, you get a full cube bit. This is why you can get into a 2-cube door now. There are other doors out there.

As for answering if there's an "upgrade" that you get... well, um,
maaayyybe.

Edit: As for when or if to go into the those warps, it's up to you. There's no wrong way. Explore when you feel lost and get lost exploring. AND CRANK UP THAT SOUNDTRACK!

DocSeuss

Nope. The way you go through those doors is by finding both sides. Most of the areas you're stuck in have solutions that can be solved by understanding the code/reading about it online. Some of them have treasure maps and/or invisible platforms for you to jump on.

The only 'upgrade' is the hat itself and the 3D glasses when you enter new game+.

Newblade

A humble offering.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky -- MB-D70DEEC817E110B4 - Taken by Sub Zero
Xotic -- MB-1740EFA966B462E4 - Taken by Tellaerin

okayfrog

Banned
Nope. The way you go through those doors is by finding both sides. Most of the areas you're stuck in have solutions that can be solved by understanding the code/reading about it online. Some of them have treasure maps and/or invisible platforms for you to jump on.

The only 'upgrade' is the hat itself and the 3D glasses when you enter new game+.

Ahh, thanks. I understood a couple of the treasure maps I got, but some just look like lines.

[
Shows you how bad U3 was when I was wishing for something like that happening. But there was.... nothing. At all.

Which I found refreshing and excellent after the bullshit in U2.

I actually had no problem with the supernatural stuff. Just felt like I missed a game inbetween 2 and 3 when I played it. Like where in the hell did Jason Statham come from.

This is fair.
Sort of like Chloe in U2 though.

I assume it's supposed to be 67% off the $60 base price. A base price reduction to $20 after five months doesn't make sense considering AssCreed 3 didn't hit that point until just last month.

Hmmm, guess it can wait then. $20 for a game when I'm like 4 games behind? It could get cheaper before I'm ready to play it still.

They didn't want me. :(

Although that was before Steam greenlit CSD so maybe they would change their minds now, dunno.

I think a better point would be that people should support your hard work even if they can't spend GMG playfire credit on it.

Want to try getting them later?

Huh... I didn't look at today's rewards yet (assuming Gun Monkeys is in there, as I just saw you boot it up and then the inquiry here)... but the H2H is pretty stupid. Portal 2 will end up winning even though tons of people have already played and unlocked a majority of the achievements. :\

natertots

Few more achievements for playfire and I may snag Batman Blackgate for free. They have some great deals this week. I'm hoping Steam has a comparable sale this weekend.

Man, if Autodesk charges what they do on their own website for Maya LT, good luck grabbing the dabbling enthusiasts. 800$ for a stripped down version of the overpriced 3700$ software package, not exactly the most ace of deals. Especially when you compare that Adobe's cloud subscription to Create Suite is 600$ for a year for every damned piece of software they make. Not exactly a one-ton-one comparison but chances are if you're using any of the main 3D software packages--XSI(goodnight sweet prince), Max or Maya-- you're going to be using some of Adobe's products in conjunction with them.

Maybe Maya LT's addition to the Steam store is just a warning shot to all of the successful TF2 and Dota hat makers using cracked versions of their software. After all, Autodesk sure as shit knows who they have and have not sold licenses to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom