• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
imagine playing infinite, bioshock 1, then bioshock 2.

thad be like playing far cry 3, far cry 1, then far cry 2

or invisible war, human revolution, then deus ex

Sajjaja

platinum owes me a pc bayo after bait and switching me with the awful awful mgs rising

sorry but i hated it :p

0038_xlgeh7yeu.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
I played Bio2 for the first time after I played Infinite and it was like a step up in almost all aspects.
well i was thinking more on the story side of things. bio infinite gives a pretty different meaning to bio1. also the bio infinite ending kind of works a lot better if you have already experienced bio1.

but yea i don't think many people will argue for bio infinite's gameplay on top of bio1&2. kind of the same as bio1&2 and system shock i guess

Sen's Fortress is no fun man. Havn't died yet, but ran out of Estus. This could suck.

um what?

oh...ok. nevermind
what's funny is that i actually really liked sen's fortress lol

eek

Are you implying that bioshock 2 is terrible?
Because if you are, sir, we're not going to be friends.
how could he? he puts it along with deus ex

i don't think in general his list the best comparison of a series i've seen lol

zkylon

zkylewd
starting burial at sea ep 2

should I go with 1998 mode?
probably more annoying than it's worth

playing on normal so far everyone's been killing me in 3 shots and ammunition and health is pretty scarce

and like it's mostly a stealth game with no quicksave that doesn't checkpoint all that often

just like an hour in tho, so those things may change

Salsa

I just played ep 1 on Hard and it was alright, guess the reason im asking is cause they promote it as somewhat different gameplay focused on stealth.. afaik the only difference in 1998 mode is that it's a *bit* harder but the real change is that you have to play the game non-lethal

eh whatever, i'll just go with hard

The Bioshock Infinite callback difficulties are so dumb. Just might as well call them "Remember those games in the Looking Glass legacy that this game will never live up to?" mode.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just played ep 1 on Hard and it was alright, guess the reason im asking is cause they promote it as somewhat different gameplay focused on stealth.. afaik the only difference in 1998 mode is that it's a *bit* harder but the real change is that you have to play the game non-lethal

well i'm playing it stealth and if someone sees me i shoot them. you have like a tranq gun and you can knock people up with a melee attack while hidden so i guess if you want to do a pacific run you can just not use guns?

plasmids so far haven't been too offensive either, and tranq gun has a couple alt bullets to sneak a bit more

but like this isn't too complicated, it's lite-stealth in an entertaining but harmless way, so i wouldn't sweat it too much about killing people.

plus i like how lizzy shoots her guns :D

the other way around, friend!

Hrrrm. Okay then. Bioshock 1 and 2 are different, but good in their own ways. I don't really get the general dislike that Bioshock 2 seems to get... I mean, I feel like I played a different game. I went in expecting a letdown because it wasn't the original dev team and they had potentially wasted a bunch of development time making a multiplayer checkbox component. And I came out thinking it was pretty frickin' good. I hear Minerva's Den is even better, but I've never gotten around to it. One of these days I will.

Bioshock 2 -- joining Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 2 as proof that shoehorning multiplayer into a game (whether good or bad) can actually be a neutral or maybe even a positive thing.

The Bioshock Infinite callback difficulties are so dumb. Just might as well call them "Remember those games in the Looking Glass legacy that this game will never live up to?" mode.

Not sure exactly what you mean -- then again, I haven't tried 1999 mode or whatever in Infinite yet.

louiedog

I started it, realized i was playing stealth anyway, and restarted on 1998 mode. In addition to removing access to lethal weapons, it also changes how some of the plasmids work. I definitely had to think about my ammo use but it wasn't terribly difficult to finish. You also lose access to pathfinding hints and I spent some time just trying to figure out where I was going. I enjoyed playing that way, but it might be more fun on a second playthrough after you know what you're doing a bit better.

Backlogger

Nah bro, your posts are memorable because you're the only one that likes Far Cry 2 apparently.

I loved Far Cry 2

Only if you mod the game so you don't have malaria every four seconds and the guards at checkpoints don't automatically respawn two seconds after you leave the immediate area.

Thats what made the game fun. I had no problem re-clearing checkpoints

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
This is the best:

"The Mario Kart effect. Each new entry is a perversion of the series until the subsequent entry, at which point it becomes the last real Mario Kart."

-Morningbus, speaker of truths.

Not sure exactly what you mean -- then again, I haven't tried 1999 mode or whatever in Infinite yet.
I haven't played the DLC so I can't say anything firsthand on how evocative 1998 is of Thief, but 1999 in the main game is... well, pretty much nothing. I played it nearly identically to my hard playthrough and thought the whole naming scheme was a farce. It was just another raise their numbers lower your numbers difficulty notch on a game that was altogether nothing akin to System Shock.

I didn't like it when I originally played the 360 version, but maybe I should try it again.
Being able to save anywhere (along with not being plagued with the save corruption bug) definitely makes the PC version easier to get into.

Only if you mod the game so you don't have malaria every four seconds and the guards at checkpoints don't automatically respawn two seconds after you leave the immediate area.
Malaria frequency isn't really a problem in that game and if you're not willing to accept that as a caveat within everything you do in that game then it's just not for you. The attacks occur every 30-40 minutes in realtime.

yuraya

Finally completed Dust: An Elysian Tail. What an amazing game and great ending. Its almost unfair to call it an indie game really good stuff.

Also after playing Guacamelee, The Swapper, and Dust I think the Humble indie bundle 11 should go down as GOAT. sogood.gif and those 3 games weren't even bta. amazing

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Finally completed Dust: An Elysian Tail. What an amazing game and great ending. Its almost unfair to call it an indie game really good stuff.

Also after playing Guacamelee, The Swapper, and Dust I think the Humble indie bundle 11 should go down as GOAT. sogood.gif and those 3 games weren't even bta. amazing
No one tell the mods that we've found Derrick's alt.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Normally I don't bring up streams on GAF, but will this time. Going to be playing BlackSoul: Extended Edition in 15 minutes from this post until I beat the game, already about 6-7 hours into the game though on Hard difficulty and at the game's fourth main location, but I think it speaks better for the game than the earlier location. If interested, can hop aboard here.

Likely not going to be a big thing as I haven't really announced it much on social feeds, just doing it to finish the game mainly. The game has done abysmal in reviews and the like, but I have a different viewpoint on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom