• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relax.MX

What you think about Homefront? I started the game today i only played the first mission and is actually not bad.. I dont remember the story of the failure of this game

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Given that current desktop Windows apps can be run on 92% of desktop systems, I don't personally think any sane dev will want to limit their potential user base to 11% of people using desktops, 3% of people using mobile, and uhh, the coveted 30% of people playing Call of Duty (can't find any actual data on XBone market share).

First, desktops are a niche among PCs. Second, PCs are being eclipsed by tablets as a category. Third, not all desktops are equal in terms of user intent, which matters a great deal when your OS is becoming free and you're hoping to make up the loss in software revenue.

Finally, that's why the time horizon matters. It doesn't matter that it makes sense now, it matters that it plants the seeds for later.

Tizoc

OH SHI!
WORLD 1-2 ALBUM IS A BONUS FOR THE CURRENT GROUPEES BUNDLE!
Gonna go buy it later today, I've been wanting to buy World 1-2 for ages now but neither iTunes nor Amazon would let me buy it for whatever reason (most likely because I don't live in US or Europe)

MUnited83

For you.
Which reminds me. Lego The Hobbit is getting a dlc after The Hobbit : There and Back Again releases to include the events of that movie, correct? They are not releasing a separate "Part two", right?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Which reminds me. Lego The Hobbit is getting a dlc after The Hobbit : There and Back Again releases to include the events of that movie, correct? They are not releasing a separate "Part two", right?

That's currently just a rumor. Though WB has basically said "stay tuned for more news," so I expect it to be the case.

Relax.MX

Something i need to know of this "new" Steam thread? Im a little out of news, i don like change on this...To me. This thread is a big part of GAF

Alright guys last two copies of Defiance for sale. $1 Paypal gifted or Amazon GC.

The very fist GAF 16 pack is about to come to an end.

Are a sale or bundle somewhere? I send you a PM :)

Knurek

First, desktops are a niche among PCs.

Operating system market share data I linked to includes laptops as well, if that's what you meant.

Second, PCs are being eclipsed by tablets as a category.

Can you show me any data on that? Especially regarding buying habits of tablet users

Finally, that's why the time horizon matters. It doesn't matter that it makes sense now, it matters that it plants the seeds for later.

Yeah, but that's purely hypothetical. Given the rapid changes tech undergoes, you can't really say 'by 2030 most Windows users will be only buying apps from MS Store' because you really have no idea if there even be a Windows OS by that time.
Sorry if I misunderstood your point, it's really early here and my engines haven't started yet.

Given that current desktop Windows apps can be run on 92% of desktop systems, I don't personally think any sane dev will want to limit their potential user base to...

Which raises the question, why limit it at all? If I was in adobe's shoes I'd be pushing their web/service model from here on out. That way they don't have to worry about what Microsoft does next and can potentially reach 100% of systems, across different hardware and different platforms.

For them it is just a question of making the software. Valve don't really have the same flexibility as they will hit more real physical limitations in the short to mid term.

Yeah, but that's purely hypothetical. Given the rapid changes tech undergoes, you can't really say 'by 2030 most Windows users will be only buying apps from MS Store' because you really have no idea if there even be a Windows OS by that time.
Sorry if I misunderstood your point, it's really early here and my engines haven't started yet.

I don't think anybody really thinks it will ever work. But there is a very good chance Microsoft will try to make it work. Consider that right now, Apple gets 30% of Microsoft office 365 subscriptions when purchased through an ipad. No way does Microsoft just sit back and let that become the new reality.

zkylon

zkylewd
Early in the secret of monkey island, I enjoyed a lot, it has some very funny writing. Too bad I can't play in classic mode with voice acting on, I'm not used to the silence.
yea that's a big oversight they fix on monkey island 2

dunno why they didn't go back and add it to monkey 1

seems like a simple thing to do

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Malaria frequency isn't really a problem in that game and if you're not willing to accept that as a caveat within everything you do in that game then it's just not for you. The attacks occur every 30-40 minutes in realtime.

You're right, I wanted a decent FPS with an interesting illness mechanic not a malaria simulator with shooting elements to breakup the monotonous moments between revelling in the joy that is malaria.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
who else changed avatars?

i usually give people fresh starts after avatar changes since i'm really bad with names

like i'll attribute half mr penguin's posts to jasec and such

This is the first time in a while I've had the same avatar for more than a week. I was going to change it but then I remembered that the IFTAs are this weekend.

FarCry 2 is the best FarCry. It is known.

This shark speaks the truth.

Edit: Shadow of Mordor also has a store page. 40GB is the recommended amount of free space so expect a 20GB+ download.

Milamber

Play them?
pK8mExN.gif

This is the first time in a while I've had the same avatar for more than a week. I was going to change it but then I remembered that the IFTAs are this weekend.

This shark speaks the truth.

Edit: Shadow of Mordor also has a store page. 40GB is the recommended amount of free space so expect a 20GB+ download.

I've heard nothing but bad things about FarCry 2.

And FYI, I got a Nuclear Throne coupon... :p

You're right, I wanted a decent FPS with an interesting illness mechanic not a malaria simulator with shooting elements to breakup the monotonous moments between revelling in the joy that is malaria.
I'd say it was plenty interesting as a mechanic; insofar as how you can make an affliction, something inherently inconvenient, an attribute to your PC in an FPS interesting. There are just a lot of things that can go wrong in a given scenario that you have to be willing to roll with the punches and that dynamic gives the game its identity I think.

catabarez

Alright everyone, I'm all out of copies of Defiance. SteamGAF 16-Pack is alll done.

I may get more if enough people are interested :p

Are you enjoying the new race?

They are interesting, but seem a little bit difficult to use effectively in a "mixed race" team. I've only found a couple in different runs, so I think you would need to start with a lot more to get much out of them (so you can use them together)

Tellaerin

:D

sorry someone drew this for me out of the blue (it's my favorite league champion) and i'm too happy about it not to use it :3

i may change back at some point or find something else but i think lux's smirk suits me for now

you'll get used to it :)

Great avatar, man. I really like the style she's drawn in, and the coloring. (Though when I first saw it, I was reading her expression as a "dat ass"-style lip bite rather than a smirk... ^^; )

zkylon

zkylewd
just googled reality kings

unsurprised with the results lol

I still kept mine, but I'll probably change it once GoT season 4 airs.
to a hodor avatar i hope

don't worry you're special babe

i always remember you

Great avatar, man. I really like the style she's drawn in, and the coloring. (Though when I first saw it, I was reading her expression as a "dat ass"-style lip bite rather than a smirk... ^^; )
lol that sounds like me as well

Sajjaja

Hey guys, we at the Sega PC Ports campaign are trying to get more media attention, as Grief already mentioned.

I tweeted at writers from Eurogamer, RockPaperShotgun, Gametrailers and Arstechnica who helped spread word about the Dark Souls petitions. If you guys could retweet them, might get some more attention. Thanks.

I'll take one if it's still available.

Where can I get Goat Simulator for the cheapest?

GMG had a coupon that took 22% off.
I was happy to pay 7.xx with my Playfire rewards. ;)

And I should have 95% of the achievements too -- so between cards and rewards, it's heavily subsidized too.

If only I could get that damned flappy goat achievement.

Nabs

Man, I was THIS close to getting the Sanctum 3 achievement. This jerkface ran over the last item and dragged it off the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom