• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Finally completed Dust: An Elysian Tail. What an amazing game and great ending. Its almost unfair to call it an indie game really good stuff.

Also after playing Guacamelee, The Swapper, and Dust I think the Humble indie bundle 11 should go down as GOAT. sogood.gif and those 3 games weren't even bta. amazing

Yup.

Finally completed Dust: An Elysian Tail. What an amazing game and great ending. Its almost unfair to call it an indie game really good stuff.

Also after playing Guacamelee, The Swapper, and Dust I think the Humble indie bundle 11 should go down as GOAT. sogood.gif and those 3 games weren't even bta. amazing

Indie is not a derogatory remark.

A sick day well spent?

Perfect Game #21.

klToo7m.png

Impressive.

You should post the name of the game as well.

Tiny Barbarian DX.

I haven't played the DLC so I can't say anything firsthand on how evocative 1998 is of Thief, but 1999 in the main game is... well, pretty much nothing. I played it nearly identically to my hard playthrough and thought the whole naming scheme was a farce. It was just another raise their numbers lower your numbers difficulty notch on a game that was altogether nothing akin to System Shock.

Being able to save anywhere (along with not being plagued with the save corruption bug) definitely makes the PC version easier to get into.

Malaria frequency isn't really a problem in that game and if you're not willing to accept that as a caveat within everything you do in that game then it's just not for you. The attacks occur every 30-40 minutes in realtime.

What's so special about System Shock that it was trying to emulate?

Anyone have thoughts on Gray Matter? Been meaning to play it for years and it's finally on steam. Imagine it's no Gabriel Knight at the least.

Well that's just it, they didn't try to emulate anything looking at the end result. Although the naming scheme implies some sort of remixing of mechanics and fundamentals, it is just in reality "very hard" and essentially does nothing to callback to the game they pull the year of the mode from.

The games are so wildly far apart at this point that I don't even know what the point of doing that is, so much would have to be changed to just give it the semblance of that being true.

zkylon

zkylewd
on 1999 specifically it was the limited resources that made upgrade paths have to be exclusive. like you can't upgrade all plasmids or all weapons (in system shock all psionics thingies and hacking thingies), so you have to choose and commit a bit more than on the main game

no idea what the difference is between 1999 and 1998 except fallout 2 was released in 1998 so it's the best year to ever grace mankind

yuraya

Indie is not a derogatory remark.

I never said it was. Just a category. You can tell when certain games are budget constrained tho. Dust seemed to have it all especially the voice acting. I guess that made it stand out. I don't usually expect indie games to have voice acting. At least not so much of it like Dust did.

Curious_George

Neo Member
Some keys I don't need.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Broken Sword 2 -- MB-31854FB1C29B13AF - Taken by TuckingFypo
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-9A7FBEBAB3F6BE56
Fez -- MB-40126FF8DCE17FCA
Bridge Constructor -- MB-FB76083DF0003558 - Taken by AbundantChoice

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Something to the effect of "When I reach the end of my life, I will look back on all the time I wasted arguing" with an additional tragic hook at the end. It's been a while since I've seen it, but it was pretty damn great.

I believe it ended with "let me talk about Dishonored"

Oh right! Yeah I remember now. Poor guy never stayed around long. Blink and you'd miss him.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is it ctrl? I'm over here trying to figure out the jetpack.
I don't think there's a method to that madness. Or is it?

Poor Derrick....he was doomed the moment his tag was changed. He even called it too.
I still think his ban was completely unfair and he had done nothing wrong, but whatever... It's a shame, but there's nothing that can be done about it now.

Nabs

I don't think there's a method to that madness. Or is it?

I still think his ban was completely unfair and he had done nothing wrong, but whatever... It's a shame, but there's nothing that can be done about it now.

I don't know, but I finally got into the blue crate.
then the fucker knocked me out

His ban makes sense once you read the beginning of the South Park thread. It became Derrick |OT| once people realized he was banned. While it isn't completely his fault, we just don't know how to act around people with
bad
opinions.

Sajjaja

What was it changed to? I mean before "banned".

Before it was just Ying, but then it changed into something that echoed his sentiments on Dishonored and how he hated everything (which he didn't, and he had justified reasons), which inevitably became the subject of discussion and derailed threads he participated in leading to his ban, despite him not actually initiating any discussion regarding his tag.

Anyone else hyped for FTL expansion that is releasing today/tomorrow depending of your timezone?

I've been playing it on ipad today and it is good to be back in (the port is excellent by the way).

I do miss the infinite space mod though. I wish they had added something along those lines officially as part of the expansion. I'm not sure there is enough new stuff to really draw me back for long (my fault for playing it out, but still...)

I've been playing it on ipad today and it is good to be back in (the port is excellent by the way).

I do miss the infinite space mod though. I wish they had added something along those lines officially as part of the expansion. I'm not sure there is enough new stuff to really draw me back for long (my fault for playing it out, but still...)

Are you enjoying the new race?

Oh snap, that unlocks in like 12 mins for me. Too bad I can't play it right now, but I'll install it in preparation.

I already installed it in preparation.

Wow, completely forget about that. Where can we see when it unlocks???

No idea, I think the time is up to the devs to decide when push the update.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just haven't noticed any real growth in the app selection on windows 8 thus far and I don't see the xbone as making a real difference on that growth. What's the incentive for company's like Adobe to embrace this new change?

Adobe? None until Microsoft announces a good SaaS model for the Windows Store; but Adobe is changing aggressively and quickly to move to a SaaS model and will have pretty competitive web offerings over the next few years so it might be moot regardless. Photoshop isn't even sold as a piece of software anymore, it's sold as a subscription.

Before it was just Ying, but then it changed into something that echoed his sentiments on Dishonored and how he hated everything (which he didn't, and he had justified reasons), which inevitably became the subject of discussion and derailed threads he participated in leading to his ban, despite him not actually initiating any discussion regarding his tag.
I think his presence has more to do with his ban than his tag, even his lack of presence could somehow derail a thread.

Tizoc

Anyone have thoughts on Gray Matter? Been meaning to play it for years and it's finally on steam. Imagine it's no Gabriel Knight at the least.

PnC GAF hold at a high regard, being one of the better PnC games released over the past few years.
Sadly Viva Media are NOT offering Steam codes for those that purchased it from Amazon.com or the like.
Which means in my case, Groupees or Humble Bundles will be my only way of getting the Steam ver. =P

Early in the secret of monkey island, I enjoyed a lot, it has some very funny writing. Too bad I can't play in classic mode with voice acting on, I'm not used to the silence.

Adobe? None until Microsoft announces a good SaaS model for the Windows Store; but Adobe is changing aggressively and quickly to move to a SaaS model and will have pretty competitive web offerings over the next few years so it might be moot regardless. Photoshop isn't even sold as a piece of software anymore, it's sold as a subscription.

That is the key I think. Any holdouts on the mobile/tablet world will go web eventually which leaves us just with things that need to run locally...like games.

Who knows, maybe Valve will end up doing the same with streamed games to a chrome app one day.

4/10 - $26.99

Strange, I still haven't seen that movie. And I've read Unfinished Tales. All of it.

catabarez

Alright guys last two copies of Defiance for sale. $1 Paypal gifted or Amazon GC.

The very fist GAF 16 pack is about to come to an end.

Knurek

Given that current desktop Windows apps can be run on 92% of desktop systems, I don't personally think any sane dev will want to limit their potential user base to 11% of people using desktops, 3% of people using mobile, and uhh, the coveted 30% of people playing Call of Duty (can't find any actual data on XBone market share).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom