• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Btw, I gave Cook, Serve, Delicious a try last night -- am I weird, or does it feel more like a Typing of the Dead style game than anything else?

In some ways, sure, but you have far more effective multitasking in CSD than in either TOTD game, and the overall flow changes once you start getting a variety of recipes that require multi-stage cooking.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do I need another account to get access to the Russian Steam?

No, but you do need a payment method local to the region.

Edit: Price has been fixed. I can't add the sub to my account, though, since Paradox has flagged the DLC to be ignored by Steam's cross-check.

Dr Dogg

That Dark Souls delay they're obviously adding the missing lighting....right?

I want my kayak in Assassins Creed III first!

Yep! I was actually just wondering who their OEM was when I posted that.

I don't think anybody knows but if Razer and Cooler Master don't it's odds on Corsair sure as hell don't.

The same thing goes for headsets.

...well just don't buy headsets period.

Hahaha every time in see a "What gaming headset should I buy" thread I picture you having a mental breakdown.

JaseC

What? How do you order it?

Too late now, I'm afraid. The price went up from 149 to 3,149.

Out of curiosity, what is so special about Valhalla edition?

It includes the following:

Digital Art Book (concept art, level screen art, etc…)
War of the Vikings Strategy Guide (Digital Version)
Deluxe Soundtrack
Unique Premium Viking Helmet
Unique Premium Saxon Helmet
Blood Eagle's Unique Premium Saxon Helmet
Blood Eagle's Unique Premium Viking Helmet
Lifetime Viking Pass: All current content, future content, and DLC included at no extra cost for the lifetime of War of the Vikings.
Weapon, Perk & Gear Shortcut: All items unlocked without an in-game coin price (leveling to gain access still required).
Giftable Bonus Coins to help a friend-in-arms begin customizing faster

Grief.exe

How is that even possible? You mean 2500, right? Right?

Friendly GAFfers have been gifting me plenty of games as well. Maybe they take pitty on me due to my low game count lol.

Hahaha every time in see a "What gaming headset should I buy" thread I picture you having a mental breakdown.

throw-table-catch-chair.gif

JaseC

The best part of this gif is how she catches a fold-up chair like it's a tennis ball.

To be precise you would've saved 'only' about $80 as that's what it costs now in Russia. But damn me reading whatever other thread I was reading.

Yeah, I was referring to the Steam US price with that comparison. The window of opportunity was rather small so unless you had somebody online on your friends list you probably would have missed it regardless.

Too late now, I'm afraid. The price went up from 149 to 3,149.

It includes the following:

Thanks for your reply.
Honestly it still seems to me extremely over-priced, at the very least it's just me not seeing the value in there, but then again I gather there's people paying crazy amount of money on rare in-game items, so I guess there must be something valuable in there to justify that price.

1 hour left, don't let JaseC down.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-E30A3C170B07364E - Taken by Hasney. 8 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-A7F7DECB482E2634 - Taken by Mugatu. 1 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-12DD46D839AE4E95 - Taken by Alduin. 4 entrants total.
Saints Row: The Third -- MB-5F6126CAE82D9C5D - Taken by Tizoc. 4 entrants total.
Metro: Last Light -- MB-CCDC932E09C22F95 - Taken by MMBosstones86. 25 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP Beat -- MB-BC145B3BC6E9D685 - Taken by Cth. 5 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP Runner -- MB-9D6690F6DE08319E - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.

t1397573451z1.png

derExperte

1 hour left, don't let JaseC down.

I don't get it, what happened?

Thanks for your reply.
Honestly it still seems to me extremely over-priced, at the very least it's just me not seeing the value in there, but then again I gather there's people paying crazy amount of money on rare in-game items, so I guess there must be something valuable in there to justify that price.

Thought the same while reading the list, the 'Lifetime Viking Pass' could be worth a lot though.

Turfster

I have a Steelseries 6Gv2 I got from a Black Friday sale last year and I've been really happy with it so far, it was pretty reasonable ($70) and I've had zero problems with any of the keys.

The 7G space bar has like 3 switches under it, but they're badly spaced. I learned to type with my thumbs on the "outsides" of the bar, so to speak, for speed, so after like every 100 spaces, the bar has come loose and tilted, and needs to be reseated.
It's a pain.

The_Monk

I don't get it, what happened?

Same but I feel I've been on a cave with only two hours of daylight without any connection to the world lately. Can't wait for next week to be more relaxed. Only managed to play Ep. 3 of The Wolf Among Us recently and I miss the pig already!

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Wow Arkham Origin. Just wow.

I tried to launch it 5 times, all of which ended with a black screen and a hard reset of my PC.
I tried everything I could think of (data validation, firewall and antivirus whitelist erasing bmengine as suggested by a guy on YouTube...) and nothing.

Anybody has any idea? So happy I didn't spend a dime on this piece of shit.

derExperte

He replaced ModBot's user id with mine. ;)

But why? I'll never leave the house again, feel already like an outsider who doesn't understand the in-jokes. :(

Same but I feel I've been on a cave with only two hours of daylight without any connection to the world lately. Can't wait for next week to be more relaxed. Only managed to play Ep. 3 of The Wolf Among Us recently and I miss the pig already!

I miss the pig since E1 and was happy to see him in the preview.

styl3s

What do you mean you miss the pig? IS HE DEAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom