• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

This is the third time I've had to return a Corsair K70 keyboard because of faulty LEDs. And it costs $20 each time to post it back for a replacement to be sent out.

Fuck this.

Hasney

*reads RPS article*

Sold!

One puzzle requires you to bribe an explicitly teenage girl to bend over such that her arse will distract an adult man while you steal from him. Another requires you to bestow a woman with empty gestures and gifts until she’s interested in sleeping with you, whereupon the only correct solution to the following sequence is to horrifically threaten to murder her with a knife, in possibly the most ill-advised scene I’ve seen in a long time

AND ALSO

moeb4.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMm-HMMMMMMMMM

Dambrosi

Banned
OH MY GOD CHILD OF LIGHT IS ON GMG ITS TIME TO PLAY MORE FEZ
Don't I know it. Still, I've got my pre-order for CoL in now, let's hope it's worth signing in to uPlay for, eh?

Next stop - Transistor!
Dunno why, I didn't even like Bastion that much, but the look of this new game really intrigues me, so I'll give the devs another shot.

Oh, and a belated thanks to MulderWasTaken for Runespell!
I bid for it sight unseen, knowing only that it was a card game - imagine my surprise when I saw actual playing cards in the screenshots! It's like Faerie Solitaire all over again!

Dark Souls II keeps getting more and more far away from me, what a shame my good GAFfers.

I have this game pre-ordered for awhile:

EuWYOMs.png

First, it was delayed on PC as we all know. It's okay because we got a release date later on. Then, amazon.uk stopped providing Free Super saver delivery for outside countries. Mine was included. Then I was expecting to get the game during the first days of May because it takes time due the fact that it's an international delivery and today they sent me another email:

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Dark Souls II - Black Armour Edition (PC CD)"
Estimated arrival date: May 06 2014 - May 10 2014

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

I mean, how hard will it be for me to play this game this game near release date? I feel I'm waiting for a long time to play this. I don't want to cancel because it's a decent price (I used a discount code back then) and I don't have any vouchers for other sites but if I don't get this even on May 10 than I might give up. Seems I've been waiting too long...!

Is the delay only for physical copies?

Grief.exe

This is the third time I've had to return a Corsair K70 keyboard because of faulty LEDs. And it costs $20 each time to post it back for a replacement to be sent out.

Fuck this.

I have heard there are numerous problems with the Corsair mechanical line. I generally try to steer people away from Corsair and Razer to better boards that are also cheaper.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol is the lead actually called malachi rector

what the fuck

i actually almost backed that project cos i thought jane jensen's daughter was cute. then i figured that i've never played a gabriel knight game, that it was a waste of money and pretty offensive, so changed my mind

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do you change your Steam avatar every week too?

I keep the two in sync, yeah. Originally this was because I played CS online a lot and so my Steam Community name differed to my GAF one, but these days it's just an old habit. I honestly can't remember the last time I played a game online.

Please post impressions of COL's uPlay integration. If its bad, I might have to just suck it. Hopefully we only need a uPlay account to activate it and not the actual client

I do intend to play the game, because it's by Ubisoft and has collectables, so rest assured I'll have something to say about the Uplay integration, though depending on just when it unlocks somebody may beat me to the punch.

I'll keep that in mind if you ever PM me because you're having trouble with your account ;)

Now I'm going to have nightmares about waking up to my GAF account having been deleted. :p

aku:jiki

I have heard there are numerous problems with the Corsair mechanical line. I generally try to steer people away from Corsair and Razer to better boards that are also cheaper.
I'm in the market for a new keyboard pretty soon, so do tell.

Must have LEDs and preferrable if it can play little bits of dubstep when I use keys.

Dr Dogg

The thing to bear in mind with Corsair is that they themselves don't make many of their products. They usually employ an external OEM and have their branding attached. Hence why some of their PSUs are rubbish while other are close to best in class. Memory is how they made their name along with a good RMA service (providing your in a country near to one of their return centres).

I still feel if you want a mech keyboard Ducky is the way to go but they cost a small fortune. Saying that I'm still quite partial to an old IMB Model M that I use as my bios fall back keyboard.

Grief.exe

Please elaborate, I'm an amateur at this.

I'm in the market for a new keyboard pretty soon, so do tell.

Must have LEDs and preferrable if it can play little bits of dubstep when I use keys.

You guys are going to have to give me a bit as I just woke up.

The easy recommend for the cheap end of the spectrum has always been Cooler Master.

The thing to bear in mind with Corsair is that they themselves don't make many of their products. They usually employ an external OEM and have their branding attached. Hence why some of their PSUs are rubbish while other are close to best in class. Memory is how they made their name along with a good RMA service (providing your in a country near to one of their return centres).

Yep! I was actually just wondering who their OEM was when I posted that.

Never buy gaming keyboards, just get a brand that actually make mechanical KBs.

The same thing goes for headsets.

...well just don't buy headsets period.

HoosTrax

Speaking of mech keyboards, I just got this baby in last night - Max Keyboard Blackbird:

The backlighting on the side is a bit gratuitous, but other than that, I'm loving it so far. It came with a pretty nice wrist rest as well + USB ports on the top. I ended up getting MX Browns instead of Reds for this one, and I'm pretty happy with the change -- the typing feel is better than with the Reds, where you can't really feel it actuate. Ended up bringing my old QuickFire to work to replace my HP keyboard.

Btw, I gave Cook, Serve, Delicious a try last night -- am I weird, or does it feel more like a Typing of the Dead style game than anything else?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That Dark Souls delay they're obviously adding the missing lighting....right?

Haha, as far as I'm concerned, the alpha build is gone for good. Those who believe it's being sat on for the purpose of a next-gen re-release are in for an unfortunate realisation down the line, I think.

Ban Puncher

I've heard it's not an uncommon problem. Which I discovered after the first faulty keyboard. Bah. I did read somewhere that the fault is more of an issue with the boards that use blue LEDs rather than red.

Never buy gaming keyboards, just get a brand that actually make mechanical KBs.

I dislike gaming keyboards with all the unnecessary buttons and bells & whistles but the K70 had everything I wanted, decent media controls with brown microswitches, and I've never had an issue with a Corsair product in the past. I still think it's a fantastic keyboard bar the LED issue.

Pachimari

Guess I completed my first Steam game (owning 213 of them) in Dear Esther but
is it supposed to end with this black screen and the "come back" line?

Vlad

Next stop - Transistor! Dunno why, I didn't even like Bastion that much, but the look of this new game really intrigues me, so I'll give the devs another shot.

I'm right there with you on that. I really wanted to like Bastion, and while I can't argue that the game looks and sounds great, I just wasn't blown away by the actual gameplay.

Knurek

Btw, I gave Cook, Serve, Delicious a try last night -- am I weird, or does it feel more like a Typing of the Dead style game than anything else?

Incidentally, anyone gave the gamepad mode a try? How does the game even work with a controller considering the LPM required to play on keyboard?

I dislike gaming keyboards with all the unnecessary buttons and bells & whistles but the K70 had everything I wanted, decent media controls with brown microswitches, and I've never had an issue with a Corsair product in the past. I still think it's a fantastic keyboard bar the LED issue.
I see, I'm using a simply Cherry keyboard with no extra features, looks just like a regular keyboard.

BiggNife

Speaking of mechanical keyboards, the steelseries 7G was shit, with a horrible space bar.

I have a Steelseries 6Gv2 I got from a Black Friday sale last year and I've been really happy with it so far, it was pretty reasonable ($70) and I've had zero problems with any of the keys.

Having said that, I can't recommend the Guild Wars 2 mouse I also bought on sale (which was literally a recolored Steelseries Sensei). The middle mouse button stopped working after like a month.

I would probably get another keyboard from Steelseries but definitely not a mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom