• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase, who should I get in touch with to get a Russian copy of Republic Commando?

The Steam version? I just checked Steam Trades, TF2 Outpost and Plati.ru but no spares are being offered.

Edit: Speaking of Russian versions, I need to get in touch with GSC again about STALKER RU.

Hasney

Grabbed that Warlock 2 in spite of it being over £6 compared to the US $6. Look good enough to ignore the usual pricing BS.

Salsa

I wonder if someone strategically places pricing "mistakes"

release a questionable game at $60, put it at $30 during the next day as an 'error', see dem sales numbers grow thanks to jumpy people

Arthea

I bought Warlock 2 great mage edition, the was no resisting that price and with that all my gmg credit, however pitiful it was now is just a memory

Jawmuncher

I wonder if someone strategically places pricing "mistakes"

release a questionable game at $60, put it at $30 during the next day as an 'error', see dem sales numbers grow thanks to jumpy people

Wouldn't surprise me if this has happened more than once.
Easiest way to get some quick sales especially if you notice numbers are slow.

You win Metro: Last Light!

ok, I hate thanking people here for giveaways...but that awesome giveaway Dunder. I didn't think that was actually going to work. Thanks dude!

Seems to be retail related and not only that, possibly only a particular reseller related. Still the same date for Amazon UK and all digital stores

ok whew. Hope so.

ancgHKC.jpg

She never asked for that.

So Warlock 2 $6 with GMG discounts and less playfire shenanigans (discounts on the DLC type editions too)

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/strategy/warlock-2-exiled/

Those early adopters tho.

holy hell. picked it up for the price of free after $6.00 playfire.

rtcn63

Damn, my parents made me go buy my brother a TV this morning, missed out on dat dere raffle. It's okay. It's okay. Not worth hurting oneself over. Crawwwwling in my skiiiin...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Picked up Warlock 2 with Playfire credit - seems like a pretty good price for a game that's only been out for a week.

Also, there are only about 3 hours left for this huge free-for-all raffle giveaway. Have fun kids!

Warlock 2 is pretty good. Gave it 8/10 in my review.

It IS good, and certainly an improvement on the first game. However, it is also not enough of a step forward from the first Warlock - especially when it was priced (until now!) as a full release, rather than an expansion or budget game.

I bought Warlock 2 great mage edition, the was no resisting that price and with that all my gmg credit, however pitiful it was now is just a memory

I think they did it deliberately to wipe out our GMG credit balances :p

I was starting to save up for Wolfenstein and now I'm back to 10 cents.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just realized that today is my Steam birthday.

I'm turning 3.

jshackles

Happy Birthday! Amazing that you've built Enhanced Steam into the incredibly useful tool it is in such a short time.

Yeah, and I didn't even get started with Enhanced Steam until my account was over a year old.

What's even crazier is that in the past 1096 days I've accumulated 1,746 games on Steam - an average of 1.59 games per day.

Grief.exe

r3n4ud

Yeah, and I didn't even get started with Enhanced Steam until my account was over a year old.

What's even crazier is that in the past 1096 days I've accumulated 1,746 games on Steam - an average of 1.59 games per day.

What made you think of doing something like ES? The lack of features Steam has in place?

Composite photo comparing the original Outcast to the remake currently on Kickstarter

The original Skybox still looks very good. May not look quite as good when running at 1080p.

Glad they are also getting Lennie Moore back to compose extra music. His original soundtrack was amazing.

Arthea

6.23 and counting. Saving up for child of light. Nothing shall stop me (except for uPlay)

I wanted both, so Warlock 2 price mistake was Odin sent to me, as I'll have to buy Child of Light on steam regardless.

On second thought, I'm close to raging fit, I still am nowhere close to finishing FFX HD and I bought both Warlock 2 and Dragon Commander last week, I'm dieing to play too. Why can't I clone myself and play all 3 at once? That's so unfair...

Arthea

My current plan is to get Transistor on GMG using Playfire credit and The Forest on Steam using Wallet funds.

you should save those steam munneys for Trails, we all should. It's coming, I can feel it!
judging by number of games I wanna play like right now and not a second later (><)

jshackles

What made you think of doing something like ES? The lack of features Steam has in place?

Well it all began during the Winter Sale of 2012. By that time I had already been through a few of the "big" sales (Summer 2011, Winter 2011, Summer 2012) and had I think about 700 games in my Steam account.

I got increasingly frustrated with browsing Steam, seeing great deals, and having to click each page to see if I already owned that particular game. First world problems, I know! So I set out to find if someone had made a script to just... show me which games I already owned when browsing the store. I mean, Steam had been around for a long time before I opened my account, surely someone had made such a thing. To my surprise, there wasn't anything like that I could find after hours of searching. I spent more time looking for a script like that than the time / clicks I was looking to save.

So I decided to make it myself. It started out pretty ghetto, but I shared it with a few of my friends (who also had larger Steam collections) and they really loved it and started using it and requesting new features. It's pretty much been that way ever since - I'm constantly coming up with new ideas of things it can do, or being asked about new features.

Looking back at my old code, I can definitely tell that I've improved greatly in my skills since then, and I've learned a lot about extension packaging for different platforms.

It's really been great and I've always had great fun with it - I could honestly see myself working at Valve for the rest of my career if given the chance. I don't think I'll ever get tired of improving Steam.

natertots

25% off ($11.24/$22.49 for a four-pack [$7.50 per head]) for the next week.

This has me very interested. I love Classic RPGs and the online elements with PvP sounds cool. I may have to check this one out sooner rather than later. Thanks for posting.

Just realized that today is my Steam birthday.

I'm turning 3.

I know you've probably been asked this multiple times but what initially sparked your desire to create enhanced STEAM? How many hours a week, roughly, do you put into enhanced steam?

Ruruja

What's the longest time between a game being greenlit and appearing on steam? I ask because Perfect Golf was greenlit a while back and is nowhere near close to being added to steam.

I pine for a good golf game on steam, I'm still playing my friend on Links 2003 via direct connection. Which shows how rare decent golf games are on PC.

Also thanks to MulderWasTaken for Broken Sword 2, I never got round to finishing this back in the day.

Grief.exe

you should save those steam munneys for Trails, we all should. It's coming, I can feel it!
judging by number of games I wanna play like right now and not a second later (><)

I'm going to be JRPG'd out here soon. I just picked up Bravely Default for 3DS and I am about to start Golden Sun on GBA.

Speaking of JRPG's, I wonder if we will get Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. The game is both developed and published directly by Bandai Namco.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to be JRPG'd out here soon. I just picked up Bravely Default for 3DS and I am about to start Golden Sun on GBA.

Speaking of JRPG's, I wonder if we will get Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. The game is both developed and published directly by Bandai Namco.

Thinking about starting Golden Sun as well.

Doubt we'll see Tales of Symphonia on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom