• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Please tell me you at least filled a room with the sweets and went swimming in them.

Damn didn't think about that. Could have done some less painful (and less expensive) Scrooge McDuck role playing. It did seam like the Star Trek episode Troubles with Tribbles for a few months plus people were scoffing them during production meetings and such which was both funny and frustrating.

Bah! Just had the same email about my Black Armour edition.

I'm hoping that it's amazon making their dates up again. Saying that the store page has updated to 2nd May and a few other retailers have followed suit. Maybe it's a retail and supply situation. I'm going to wait until the 25th to see if getting a digital key before flipping the key with my physical copy would be needed.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm just hoping RE7 doesn't have a subtitle.

Resident Evil 7: T-Virus Gone Wild / Biohazard 7: Weskers Bizarre Adventure

You're probably going to be lucky, the only numbered Resident Evil game with a subtitle was 3.

Resident Evil 7: Roots / Biohazard 7: Seeds

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Argh, I just locked myself out of the community market by paying for Steam credit via Paypal. I am an idiot. How long does that last again?

Edit: A week. Boooooo.

Dusk Golem

Argh, I just locked myself out of the community market by paying for Steam credit via Paypal. I am an idiot. How long does that last again?

I believe a week. No worries, I'm certain you won't miss anything
STEAM SPRING SALE TOMORROW FOR THE NEXT SIX DAYS

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Edit: A week. Boooooo.

I just bought 8 keys from a trader but accidentally sent Knurek the money first. :( I've no idea how I managed that.

Dusk Golem

When was the last time we were hoping for a sale for some special occasion and didn't end up disappointed? We'll get nothing.

Halloween Sale, I was very pleased. Both by stealth horror releases and the surprising number of games on sale. Turned out several games had better discounts during the Halloween Sale than they did at the Christmas sale.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Do I PM JaseC to apologize for PMing him or would that just make it worse.

Tizoc

muh body is ready for wolfensteining @_@

wolfenstein_the_new_order_big_by_digi_matrix-d77fzoq.gif

Sexy GIF courtesy of Messofanego

Ugh get with the times brah, WEBM for that small size and 60 FPS!
That GIF's gotten me hype, so long's the game doesn't rely on using cover I might just get it day 1ish.

Dusk Golem

Do I PM JaseC to apologize for PMing him or would that just make it worse.

Send him a 200-page apology essay, each page being a different PM.
I'm certain he knows the mucking around on why he's getting Modbot PMs, happy I wasn't entering for anything, I usually send ModBot provocative titles since I love abusing it.

Copons

Let's just call it what it is, being a bottom feeder (if it's not an alt stump added for people that typo)

I didn't think that because I always assumed on GAF new users are manually activated (or at least, I waited for like 2 years :D ), and it would seem weird they accepted such a fishy username.

Also, searching on Google I noticed someone noticed it in the Steam thread back in January and yours was the only answer, so the mystery is totally still on.

On an unrelated note: we may
not
get an Easter Sale, but we will
not
get an Easter themed Humble Bundle in less than 6 hous! Yay I say!

Dusk Golem

I didn't think that because I always assumed on GAF new users are manually activated (or at least, I waited for like 2 years :D ), and it would seem weird they accepted such a fishy username.

Also, searching on Google I noticed someone noticed it in the Steam thread back in January and yours was the only answer, so the mystery is totally still on.

On an unrelated note: we may
not
get an Easter Sale, but we will
not
get an Easter themed Humble Bundle in less than 6 hous! Yay I say!

The Easter-themed
audio-book
bundle is ready.

Dr Dogg

I'm going to have more PMs than games on Steam soon enough.

What would be really mean is faking a giveaway for the Wheelman with a link to PM yourself. Not only could you end up PMing yourself about it but would end up with loads of people doing the same.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
If its an entire The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy audiobook, I'd snap it up.

The radio plays are fantastic. I listened to all the original ones before the movie was released, and hearing Journey of the Sorcerer blasting out in the cinema as the Guide was revealed was incredible. Shame the rest of the film didn't quite manage to live up to that.

zkylon

zkylewd
On the bright side, I now have over 2,000 PMs all up, so I'm a PM God! On GAF Gold, that is, where user profiles are adorned with badges.

i heard there is mysterious imagery below posts that people call signatures in gaf gold

is it true

So I just noticed my coupons for the Skulls of the Shogun end at the same time than the current humble bundle.
I guess we all know what it means:
HL3 CONFIRMED

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What would be really mean is faking a giveaway for the Wheelman with a link to PM yourself. Not only could you end up PMing yourself about it but would end up with loads of people doing the same.

Haha, PMing myself would be hilarious.

Dunder, you're a marvellous man, but that's sneaky...and it's late, and I'm tired. You got me. :)

(sorry Jase!)

It's okay, you were hardly the only one. ;)

i heard there is mysterious imagery below posts that people call signatures in gaf gold

is it true

On GAF Gold, everyone has a Saoirse-related signature.

I expect to see an extensive report about this whole PM ordeal. (sorry dear!)

The initial rush worried me a bit, haha, but it petered out rather quickly. I've only received around 25 PMs.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I was on mobile when I saw the giveaway, and PM links don't work there (take you straight to the inbox) so I missed the joke until just now. On the plus side I'm hoping that because of this no one else actually entered for the game I want, haha.

If its an entire The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy audiobook, I'd snap it up.

I second you, I love the books and could do with the audio-book version, that I gather is perhaps even better.

More in general, I am not against the idea of an audiobook Humble-bundle - pretty much a bookworm here -, but I didn't find the choices in previous enough compelling to justify the purchase.

The_Monk

Dark Souls II keeps getting more and more far away from me, what a shame my good GAFfers.

I have this game pre-ordered for awhile:

EuWYOMs.png

First, it was delayed on PC as we all know. It's okay because we got a release date later on. Then, amazon.uk stopped providing Free Super saver delivery for outside countries. Mine was included. Then I was expecting to get the game during the first days of May because it takes time due the fact that it's an international delivery and today they sent me another email:

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Dark Souls II - Black Armour Edition (PC CD)"
Estimated arrival date: May 06 2014 - May 10 2014

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

I mean, how hard will it be for me to play this game this game near release date? I feel I'm waiting for a long time to play this. I don't want to cancel because it's a decent price (I used a discount code back then) and I don't have any vouchers for other sites but if I don't get this even on May 10 than I might give up. Seems I've been waiting too long...!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I second you, I love the books and could do with the audio-book version, that I gather is perhaps even better.

More in general, I am not against the idea of an audiobook Humble-bundle - pretty much a bookworm here -, but I didn't find the choices in previous enough compelling to justify the purchase.

I just remembered that there's actually two HHGTTG audiobooks - one is the books read by Douglas Adams, which are great naturally, and one is the series of radio plays which the book was originally based on. Both are great and well worth checking out. The radio plays differ from the book in some ways, but are really great to listen to. I heartily recommend them both in this Steam thread which isn't about audiobooks.

aku:jiki

I heartily recommend them both in this Steam thread which isn't about audiobooks.
It will be in 5 hours!

Or so I hope. I've been putting in the lord's backlog work and mine is down to a size that actually fits on my screen now. No more decent bundles allowed for a while!

I just remembered that there's actually two HHGTTG audiobooks - one is the books read by Douglas Adams, which are great naturally, and one is the series of radio plays which the book was originally based on. Both are great and well worth checking out. The radio plays differ from the book in some ways, but are really great to listen to.

Speaking of which, I read that one version of the radio plays was played by Stephen Fry - who incidentally was a friend of Douglas Adams -, but I can't find this version available anywhere.

I heartily recommend them both in this Steam thread which isn't about audiobooks.

Yes, it is hands down the funniest and wittiest thing I've ever read, anyone giving it a try - whatever version, audiobooks, book - is in for a treat.

Edit: there is also a free video-game, but I reckon it's targeted at people already familiar with the story, so I would not recommend to play it unless one' already read the books or listened at radio plays.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game_nolan.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game_andrew.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom