• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Man, I was THIS close to getting the Sanctum 3 achievement. This jerkface ran over the last item and dragged it off the map.

Ugh I hate when that happens in this game, it's one thing to have crazy fucked physics but when TOUCHING something could fling it miles away across the screen...

Now for those of you out there who don't know what Takedown Red Sabre is, well its a Tactical shooter but its lacking tons of features and the game is broken, hard as hell. Yet extremely fun to play online Co-op. Keep in the mind the game is struggling really bad right now due to all the hate the game has received. There are tweaks you can do in order to ton down the A.I a bit and make them less somewhat retarded. Overall the game is bad but its a fun bad if that makes sense.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hey guys, we at the Sega PC Ports campaign are trying to get more media attention, as Grief already mentioned.

I tweeted at writers from Eurogamer, RockPaperShotgun, Gametrailers and Arstechnica who helped spread word about the Dark Souls petitions. If you guys could retweet them, might get some more attention. Thanks.

get totalbiscuit on this. he had a big part on the dks pc campaign, i think ?

So is Black Mirror 2 good news for all of those other dtp games on greenlight?
Isn't dtp in bankruptcy or something? This is probably more of an indication that Viva media will bring their back catalog onto Steam than anything else. They've published a lot of dtp in North America and digitally though.

KarmaCow

Escape Goat 2 has that weird thing in some puzzle games where you're not sure if you broke the game or made things way too hard on yourself to complete a puzzle. There were times where I spent 15 minutes on one room and just barely managed to eek by and then the next room is not even a challenge. I had the same issue in The Swapper and I'm not sure where the problem is, if there is even one.

Also are you supposed to see the golden keys in levels to unlock the secret levels? I could see them for the alternate paths to get all the Sheep and perhaps I'm blind, but I can't see them for the secret levels. I've resorted to a guide just so I know what level to look for them in but I'd like to do it completely myself if it didn't involve too much guess work across four levels.

Levyne

Banned
Far Cry 2 is the only Far Cry I've played, and I enjoyed it more than I didn't.

Actually now that I think of it, I did play a little multi of 3 with my brother, and thought it was terrible.

zkylon

zkylewd
beat burial at sea part 2

hmm, these multiple dimension thing is too much for me, i don't think i fully got the ramifications and the reasons for all that happened

i really liked the stealth focus and the plasmid/weapon selection and you know, rapture. there's also some pretty smooth story context "retconning" that i think fixes my biggest story issue with bio infinite.

it's pretty good!

He hates SEGA.
He probably still hates Sega for some youtube shit they pulled a while back.
huh alright can't blame him

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
don't worry you're special babe

i always remember you

<3

So is Black Mirror 2 good news for all of those other dtp games on greenlight?

Haunted, yes, but as far as I can tell Viva had nothing to do with Venetica; that being said, it's possible that Viva obtained publishing rights to it as well as both were developed by Deck13.

I wonder if The Rockin' Dead will show up on the store now that Viva is bringing over more stuff. It's currently exclusive to retail a la Dynasty Warriors 7.

Sajjaja

huh alright can't blame him

If what Taro said was correct, they've stopped doing that but I don't think anyone wants to gamble.

I actually got a response from Northernlion and he said he'd be interested if they stopped content ID tagging his stuff. There was no indication if he was referring to the original incident or ongoing ones.

Sajjaja

Hmm, maybe I should look into Dishonored.

ifePFPi3G471v.gif

Tizoc

If I ever have the time, I would replay Dishonored on Easy, it's funny when a stealth game becomes much easier when you play it as a homicidal maniac.

JaseC

For best results, take the chaotic approach as the game isn't particularly strong as a stealth title. Come to think of it, I've been meaning to play through the DLC myself for yonks now.

yea that's a big oversight they fix on monkey island 2

dunno why they didn't go back and add it to monkey 1

seems like a simple thing to do
I'm gonna pick it up when it's on sale then.
to a hodor avatar i hope
When he sits on the Iron Throne, I would!

It's one of the best game in 2012 for me.
Stupid long RPGs eating up all my vidya time.

I need to get back to Dragon Age as well.
Play Dishonored first, DA:O takes at least 50 hours to finish.

zkylon

zkylewd
finished Burial At Sea (both eps)

it was great. don't get the hate.
what is there to hate?

there's like literally nothing bad about it

i mean if you didn't like bio infinite already it won't change your mind but the fuck you doing playing bio infinite dlc if you don't like bio infinite :p

edit: well i dunno if the plasmid mods are random but i got a couple that were really imba. like free invisibility when standing still was broken as fuck lol

<3

For best results, take the chaotic approach as the game isn't particularly strong as a stealth title. Come to think of it, I've been meaning to play through the DLC myself for yonks now.
i tried to do stealth but murderous stealth. so like place traps, kill everyone, drop bodies from a balcony on some guard's feet to freak them out, go into slow mo and trap someone's face, rats all over the place, all dem nasty things

best thing about chaotic style is how that chloe grace moretz princess girl learns from you how to rule an empire with an iron fist and starts talking about murdering her enemies and crushing rebels and shit. which is kind of hilarious

zkylon

zkylewd
When he sits on the Iron Throne, I would!
at the rate miss khaleesi is building her army he probably will sit on it before her

with how often they kill protagonists in that show i wouldn't be surprised if hodor is the last one standing or something too

Garcia

Man, Kingdom Rush doesn't get old at all. I'm enjoying it so much even though it's been so many years since the last time I played it; I never got past the 6th level back then and I'm now finally on my way to level 7.

Tough and rewarding game, love it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone tried that Sourge: Outbreak on Steam released yesterday ? Looks fun but not had a chance to download the demo/take a look yet. Don't even mind if it's just a standard third person shooter, looks fun and the price is right :)

aku:jiki

Man, Kingdom Rush doesn't get old at all. I'm enjoying it so much even though it's been so many years since the last time I played it; I never got past the 6th level back then and I'm now finally on my way to level 7.

Tough and rewarding game, love it.
Huh, I just decided yesterday that I hate it. Really dislike the overemphasis on spamming reinforcements and how your towers are pretty crap because of it. Also, no FF, only four towers and two spells and the little goblins look stupid.

It's pretty good, though my distaste towards the general concept of "magic" makes me dislike the emphasis on power use.

Still need to get around the DLC stuff. Still need to buy it all actually.
But friendship is magic, dude.

JaseC

i tried to do stealth but murderous stealth. so like place traps, kill everyone, drop bodies from a balcony on some guard's feet to freak them out, go into slow mo and trap someone's face, rats all over the place, all dem nasty things

best thing about chaotic style is how that chloe grace moretz princess girl learns from you how to rule an empire with an iron fist and starts talking about murdering her enemies and crushing rebels and shit. which is kind of hilarious

I opted for a ghost/no-kill run when I played the game and it wasn't the most enjoyable experience, but by the time I'd grown tired of save scumming I was too far into the game for a restart to be viable. Since I finished the main campaign stealthily I intend to do the same with the DLC, but maybe when the sequel is around the corner I'll play through the campaigns again and kill everything.

zkylon

zkylewd
I opted for a ghost/no-kill run when I played the game and it wasn't the most enjoyable experience, but by the time I'd grown tired of save scumming I was too far into the game for a restart to be viable. Since I finished the main campaign stealthily I intend to do the same with the DLC, but maybe when the sequel is around the corner I'll play through the campaigns again and kill everything.

i liked to pile up corpses and see how many i could stick in a garbage bin and imagine them having secret parties in there

it was really sad to come back to the dumpster with a fresh corpse i got on the other end of the map to find out the unreal engine sucks and it deleted my collection :(

but yea back when the game was released i played it pacifist and whatnot but ended up dropping it because i was playing everything twice, once having fun and killing everyone and then reload and just stealthily quicksaving my way through everything.

so yea waited like a year or so and i went all zkylon unchained and let my blade deliver swift justice to my enemies as i placed them in silly poses

Seanspeed

Banned
But so boring and repetitive, campaign sucked big time.
Far Cry 2 is a game where you truly get out of it what you make of it. If you want a good, traditional game, it's gonna fall flat. Treat it as an African savannah simulator where you're loaded with fun weapons and it gets a bit more fun.

Arthea

Goat Simulator is the top seller still?
I think we are sending wrong message with this (><)

Today is new HW, any guesses?

bkw

I'm thinking of starting The Walking Dead over in-home streaming. It's going to be over a wireless connection and on a pretty old client PC. The latency shouldn't be an issue with this game right? Nothing twitch or timing based? (I've avoided all reviews and threads about the game since I don't want spoilers. I'm assuming it's like the many other Telltale games?)

I'm thinking of starting The Walking Dead over in-home streaming. It's going to be over a wireless connection and on a pretty old client PC. The latency shouldn't be an issue with this game right? Nothing twitch or timing based? (I've avoided all reviews and threads about the game since I don't want spoilers. I'm assuming it's like the many other Telltale games?)

There are QTEs in it and moments where you have to quickly interact with something. But shouldn't be a huge issue I guess. How did other games perform with this setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom