• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, was looking at Playfire. Anything in the T&Cs that make anyone nervous?

Old saying, if you're getting something for free that means you're actually the product being sold (hi facebook)... seems a bit too good. Makes me skeptical. Should I be?

Levyne

Banned
Has a Tales game ever been on PC? I wonder if it would be possible to have removed to 30 fps limit. I don't know the details, but it seems hard-locked into the game since they didn't up it from the PS2 release.

Has a Tales game ever been on PC? I wonder if it would be possible to have removed to 30 fps limit. I don't know the details, but it seems hard-locked into the game since they didn't up it from the PS2 release.
You can run Tales of Symphonia on dolphin and it'll be at 60 fps so long as your rig can handle it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know you've probably been asked this multiple times but what initially sparked your desire to create enhanced STEAM? How many hours a week, roughly, do you put into enhanced steam?

See my previous post for the why and how of it.

As for hours per week, I guess it depends on the week. I've more or less taken the last 2 weeks off of working on it, since my "real" job has periods where I have to work a crazy number of hours a couple weeks out of the year and the last few weeks have been that time. Now when I get home I just want to either play games myself or watch TV and relax - not work on code.

Most other weeks are quite the opposite. I'll get home from work early (or take half days) and spend a few hours each day working on the code. Since my day job is usually really flexible it's been nice.

I'd say if you averaged everything out, I probably have spent about 15 hours a week working on Enhanced Steam's code, providing support, and answering fan mail.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
<3 you Paradox.

So... the reason I said the issue needs to be "fixed" is because I thought each Early Access edition of the game came with its own version of the Founders DLC, but I just went spelunking in the registry and in fact they all came with the same piece. This suggests to me that the non-upgrade subs are set up as they are to prevent people who've purchased a higher edition from buying a lower one, as Ubi does with most of its Uplay games since all editions come with key DLC, however this has the possibility of creating a bit of a predicament: if Paradox is to leave the non-upgrade subs as-is then I'll be forced to ask Valve to remove the Early Access version from my account, but in doing so I'd be losing the Early Access DLC and would need a key to get it back once I've redeemed the Valhalla Edition. I've mentioned all this in the Steam Community thread so we'll see what the Paradox rep says.

Aaron D.

Are the new GMG deals fully up yet? I can only see Paradox, Sword of the Stars and Duke Nukem.

Have they just not finished putting the deals up, 'cause Paradox has their own 2 pages and not a single sign of Europa Universalis or Crusader Kings.

Are they freakin' kidding?

Fox318

ModBot said:
Instructions for Fox318:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:
header_292x136.jpg

Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-2F56001314A1A32D

REMEMBER TO PM MODBOT NOT MODBOY OR MOFBOT

Hasney

Grief.exe

I wonder if the 30 FPS limitation on consoles was purely for performance reasons or due to 30 FPS key frames for animations.

The GameCube version ran at 60 FPS, so those key frames have to exist somewhere.

r3n4ud

Well it all began during the Winter Sale of 2012. By that time I had already been through a few of the "big" sales (Summer 2011, Winter 2011, Summer 2012) and had I think about 700 games in my Steam account.

I got increasingly frustrated with browsing Steam, seeing great deals, and having to click each page to see if I already owned that particular game. First world problems, I know! So I set out to find if someone had made a script to just... show me which games I already owned when browsing the store. I mean, Steam had been around for a long time before I opened my account, surely someone had made such a thing. To my surprise, there wasn't anything like that I could find after hours of searching. I spent more time looking for a script like that than the time / clicks I was looking to save.

So I decided to make it myself. It started out pretty ghetto, but I shared it with a few of my friends (who also had larger Steam collections) and they really loved it and started using it and requesting new features. It's pretty much been that way ever since - I'm constantly coming up with new ideas of things it can do, or being asked about new features.

Looking back at my old code, I can definitely tell that I've improved greatly in my skills since then, and I've learned a lot about extension packaging for different platforms.

It's really been great and I've always had great fun with it - I could honestly see myself working at Valve for the rest of my career if given the chance. I don't think I'll ever get tired of improving Steam.

Really is amazing how some things can start out small, and expand to what they currently are. We love you for it!

fantomena

Have they just not finished putting the deals up, 'cause Paradox has their own 2 pages and not a single sign of Europa Universalis or Crusader Kings.

Are they freakin' kidding?

Im very confused. Mostly because yesterdays deals are still up and there are almost none new deals (just Paradox, Sword of the Stars, SPAZ and Duke Nukem).

If it's all up, Im dissapointed.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Anyway to get Borderless windowed mode to work in Batman Arkham Origins? I swear, I'm at a loss with this game.

I updated my drivers too, nothing. Tried to force dx9, nothing. Forced widowed mode, I works! I press Alt+Enter to go fullscreen, music goes on, but monitors go dark!

didamangi

It's a shame there's no surround sound in RE4, played it for a few minutes and looks like it's a good port.

Just have to get used to the controls.
I died in the first village :(

The_Monk

I think it's a sign that they don't want me to play Dark Souls 2 soon. I ordered my copy from amazon.uk and just read this:

Amazon UK's pre-order customers have also reportedly been told of the game's delay, receiving emails notifying them of the new May 2 date.

Read it from this post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108253764&postcount=16167

I'm starting to feel some fatigue for all this waiting to be honest, it's my only PC pre-order hence why I was really anticipating this. :/

_hekk05

Banned
Anyway to get Borderless windowed mode to work in Batman Arkham Origins? I swear, I'm at a loss with this game.

I updated my drivers too, nothing. Tried to force dx9, nothing. Forced widowed mode, I works! I press Alt+Enter to go fullscreen, music goes on, but monitors go dark!

OS? When in doubt, force win xp

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I wish GMG had a countdown timer for all their deals. It's a pain not knowing when the discounts will end

Aaron D.

I wish GMG had a countdown timer for all their deals. It's a pain not knowing when the discounts will end

Yeah, after much hand-wringing yesterday, I scooped up Mortal Kombat: Komplete in a big rush this morning, thinking I'd missed the sale price ($6 with coupon code).

Yet it looks like the deal is still up, so I feel silly for stressing over it during my commute to work. :p

TronLight

XP Compatibility mode didn't work, it tells me that Steam it's not running. It was a long shot anyway. And now it crashes even in window mode! Great.

I really don't know what to say beside that I won't be buying anything developed and potentially published by Warner Bros anymore. Who cares about fixing bugs, lets add fucking skins and other DLC in! Fucking assholes.

I can't even get a refund from GMG... And you know what's ironic? I dropped 2 trading cards for the game and I have 71 minutes on the timer, all of black screens.

_hekk05

Banned
XP Compatibility mode didn't work, it tells me that Steam it's not running. It was a long shot anyway. And now it crashes even in window mode! Great.

I really don't know what to say beside that I won't be buying anything developed and potentially published by Warner Bros anymore. Who cares about fixing bugs, lets add fucking skins and other DLC in! Fucking assholes.

I can't even get a refund from GMG... And you know what's ironic? I dropped 2 trading cards for the game and I have 71 minutes on the timer, all of black screens.

Can you get to a settings screen? I remember Splinter cell chaos theory giving me a blank screen if I set it to shader 3.0. If not, there's always deleting and re-downloading, or just deleting.

TronLight

Can you get to a settings screen? I remember Splinter cell chaos theory giving me a blank screen if I set it to shader 3.0. If not, there's always deleting and re-downloading, or just deleting.

I can't, either it shows a black screen (it doesn't really crash per se, it's just that I can't alt-tab or open the task manager, so I have to reboot, but the PC is working fine) or I can get to the menu but if I try to go full screen I get a black screen or (the last time I tried) it just hang up.

I tried forcing DX9 but it doesn't seem to help. The problem is with fullscreen.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
$500+ for a graphics card?! Which card is that?
GeForce GTX 770 2GB. A 780 is around $750 or more.

I hate this fucking shithole of a country, and I hate having to pay a third world tax. I can't even import some DS games I want for fear that they will be retained at customs :/

Annubis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom