• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunaniem

I wish the best LEGO game was on PC.

Lego_Rock_Band.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
23 lego games? what am I missing

star wars
star wars 2
star wars 3
indy 1
indy 2
POTC
batman
batman 2
harry potter 1
harry potter 2
LOTR
Hobbit
Lego Movie
Lego Marvel

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
23 lego games? what am I missing

star wars
star wars 2
star wars 3
indy 1
indy 2
POTC
batman
batman 2
harry potter 1
harry potter 2
LOTR
Hobbit
Lego Movie
Lego Marvel

Not all on PC, but you're missing: Star Wars Complete, which is 1+2, Lego City Undercover, Bionicle Heroes, Battles, Rock Band, Ninjago, and Legends of Chima

Parsnip

Obtaining all those Riddler trophies felt pretty damn good. That being said, I couldn't imagine going through all the challenge rooms or whatever, so not sure if you're gonna want to clean up that much.

Yeah. I did all of the story and sidequest stuff, just NG+, calendar man and most of the challenge rooms left. And a few other things.
I think I'll move to Oranges, finally. Bough it day 1, still haven't played it.

aku:jiki

Not all on PC, but you're missing: Star Wars Complete, which is 1+2, Lego City Undercover, Bionicle Heroes, Battles, Rock Band, Ninjago, and Legends of Chima
Out of those, isn't only Star Wars the kind of Lego titles people are looking for when they say Lego titles? Collectathon adventure games.

Bionicle Heroes is some crappy cover shooter IIRC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

well star wars complete doesnt really count, and I forgot rock band and lego city.

but Ive never even heard of those other ones lol, good lord.

Dr Dogg

Cant decide between Lego Batman 2, Lego Marvel or Lego Lord of the Rings.

Anyone can help?

What ever franchise they're based on is more towards your liking. They're are all the more high production value based ones so full voice acting and a move to a different engine with a few more effects.

Terra_Ex

Really? Why?
I feel the exact opposite, I think. I have a hard time remember if I disliked SR as much as SR2. But I know I am not a fan of SR2.
I haven't grumbled about SR2 vs SR3 for a while and had a few spare minutes so here we go:

Superior story and sense of progression through the game. In SR2, you're up against 3 different gangs which you can choose to tackle in any order and then Ultor. Stillwater was a far more interesting environment to explore than Steelport.

SR2's length is superior to both its sequels, it has more content, activities are not passed off as missions like they are in SR3. SR2 straddles the line between GTA's "super serious" and all out wacky nonsense far better than SR3 + 4 did. Better gangs - the Ronin and Brotherhood alone are leagues ahead of anything in 3 and 4.

Gang vs gang warfare was better handled in SR2, reinforcements and other gangs would frequently turn up while I was embroiled in combat in SR2 and you'd end up fighting a battle on multiple fronts - it was great, it was more fun because the gangs weren't just after you, they also hated each other. I don't recall this being the case in 3/4, where I'm pretty sure it was just 3 gangs versus you.

Character motivation -
your character was betrayed and blown up at the end of SR1,
2 chronicles their tale of revenge whilst also building up the bonds between the core Saints crew. This is absolutely critical in establishing the boss as a character (and their relationship with the other Saints) for the sequels. 3's motivation is "lol, someone stole our money" and 4 is "lol, aliens". It's a serious departure from the series roots imo. It comes down to presentation and tone really, SR2 made me feel like I was this badass gangster exacting revenge and taking back Stillwater, in 3 and 4 I was a larger than than life comedic villain, and even with Laura Bailey voicing the boss (how I wish she'd have been in SR2), the villainous highs of SR2 just weren't there. Removing Gat and completely changing Shaundi for SR3 also didn't help matters for fans imo, though this was somewhat rectified in SR4.

The recurring arguments I see against this tend to center around SR3 "is just plain fun" and "its now its own thing", which don't really tackle the core issue I have which is that they replaced a decent core storyline about gang warfare and crime with giant pink dildos. (and yes I'm being facetious here).

I'll concede that SR3 and 4 have nicer gameplay, which is to be expected as they're sequels, I enjoyed them both for what they were but they certainly aren't what I was after following SR2, which had perfectly positioned itself to take over GTA:SA's reins after Rockstar fumbled with GTA4. If they'd have been able to blend the gameplay of 3 with 2's narrative and tone I'd have been far happier.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

That's not even counting games that aren't legally available for download, like Lego Racers 1 and 2, Loco, Stunt Rally, and Rock Raiders, among many others.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey Jshackles, when you finally get hired by Valve, please add multiple keys redeeming to the client.

I'd like to do one better - redemption of keys via the website.

Also have 75% off coupons for Flotilla and Skulls of the Shogun I totally forgot were expiring in close to 2 hours - anyone wants either, just say so.

Humble Bundle what will it be? Easter bundle? Capcom bundle? Crappy Comedy bundle?

Crap Mobile Bundle.

Thanks Humble for this "great" easter present.

Knurek

Pack up the hype.
Humble Mobile bundle.

So, I'm sensing a pattern here. Ebooks->Android->Mobile->Comedy->Ebooks->Android->Mobile->oh yeah, we did some PC games at a time, have a bunch of repeats (Bastion, Limbo, Super Meat Boy as 2nd week unlocks)->Ebooks->Android->Mobile

Sini

You got to be kidding me, I excitedly bought that bundle without realizing that it only has Android stuff, no Steam keys :c

Terra_Ex

I'm choosing to look at the latest humble bundle as a good thing in that I won't be tempted into buying it.

And thanks for Saturday Morning RPG, jshackles.

Anteater

i don't even know how to install games on my phone

i feel like those old people who doesn't know how to operate a remote control, fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom