• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killstreaks, Iron Sights, Dog Tags and 1 hit knife kills.

Please let it be good...

After seeing what Wolfenstien has become, I'm keeping my expectations tempered and kinda low. It's kind of what I'm expecting from a modern shooter multiplayer.

Pretty certain it will be a multiplayer beta. If that's the case, then it probably means the new Doom will be a much more action oriented affair rather than attempting creepy atmosphere and scares. Although I expect.. or rather want.. super crazy hellish environments and creepiness, enough to make me a bit worried of playing alone in the dark at full blast, but still frantic and providing a feeling of fun and satisfaction that you get from brutal doom............. I have totally not set the bar too high..

Oh yeah, it's a multiplayer beta for sure but they can't just throw those two words out and not show anything. I did like Rage a fair bit, despite it's decided lack of an ending. There were parts to Rage that just echoed Doom, especially the final level in Rage leading up to its non-ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2yXaWHd4Bg

Just wait two months. There's literally no way that Bethesda isn't showing Doom at E3.

I know but it's just kind of maddening that they're just throwing those words out. Doom beta.

derExperte

Running out of Space on my 500 GB SSD. Should I get a 1tb Samsung Evo $454.99 @ Amazon or just get a regular WD Black 2TB hdd?

I'm all for SSDs but most games don't really profit from them, even the ones on my 5400RPM drive have very short load times. So I'd buy the bigger drive and only put certain games that load a lot (like BF4) on the SSD.

Tellaerin

kulapik

Last minutes:

ModBot said:
Instructions for kulapik:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

GOAT Simulator -- MB-3649A3012F20AC81

t1397601877z1.png

Anybody know of any better deals on Wolfenstein: The New Order than the one on G2a ($41.43)? I heard they sometimes run out of codes and that worries me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Lots of users are missing

True, but I actually have an AStats profile and use the site regularly, since it's linked on my profile via Enhanced Steam.

Guess I'll message the site admin and see what's up. :p

Dr Dogg

You could take a look at what they recommend: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745567 I see the WD Blue a lot and it's correctly mentioned that the Blacks are rather loud. So if that bothers you...

Personally I've always gone for Blues due to performance isn't that different and the price premium on Blacks is more geared towards 5 years warranty over 3 on the Blues. Plus Blues are closer to Greens on sound if you don't mind the single platter 1tb drives.

HoosTrax

I don't care for Astats to be honest. I got my profile marked as "suspected cheater" because a bugged Mount and Blade: Warband achievement got unlocked when I booted up the game this one time, and that achievement is supposedly unachievable. I tried to register a forum account to protest (because there is no contact e-mail posted), but my account never got approved.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The guy is monitoring 6000 users out of 70 millions, it is everything except accurate.

That doesn't make it inaccurate (I can't speak for the AStats one, but I can speak to the Google Docs that people on Steam assembled), as long as the selection mechanism is good. In this case, the appropriate selection mechanism is self-selection through participation in groups and discussions related to game collecting. Which is a reasonable selection mechanism--same way 360 Achievement sites can be reasonably certain that their top gamer list represents the top gamers on 360; because it's likely that people who are interested in collecting achievements will participate in sites designed around collecting achievements.

If there's a list you should be on, why not contact the person running it, add your profile to the list, and make it more accurate?

Personally I've always gone for Blues due to performance isn't that different and the price premium on Blacks is more geared towards 5 years warranty over 3 on the Blues. Plus Blues are closer to Greens on sound if you don't mind the single platter 1gb drives.

WD Blue max is 1TB. But at 59.99 I think it's a great deal.

r3n4ud

I don't care for Astats to be honest. I got my profile marked as "suspected cheater" because a bugged Mount and Blade: Warband achievement got unlocked when I booted up the game this one time, and that achievement is supposedly unachievable. I tried to register a forum account to protest (because there is no contact e-mail posted), but my account never got approved.
Ahhh, so that's how you have all those achievements and completed games... :p

HoosTrax

Ahhh, so that's how you have all those achievements and completed games... :p
Ironically, the only thing I've used SAM for is to lock an achievement for a few games that I regretted ever booting up. Best I can do short of begging Steam support to remove the game from my account permanently.

I don't really care about the "suspected cheater" label, but it does prevent me from actually seeing my games list and the achievements for them.

wazoo

If there's a list you should be on, why not contact the person running it, add your profile to the list, and make it more accurate?

you are assuming that everybody buy games to show off what they buy. i do not dispute that achievements are very popular (and showing to the world his possession is some kind of achievement), but no, this "if there is a list, you should be on" is not a rule, and this is far from proved that this "Astat" reflects the steam market.

I doubt that considering how easy it is for a lot of people here to have enough games to be on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom