• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think my favorite animes list is prolly:
1) paranoia agent
2) cowboy bebop
3) gurren lagann
4) foory coory
5) baccano

and evangelion and wolf's rain in there somewhere. maybe death note, but i never finished it

but #1 definitely paranoia agent

natertots

I own the DayZ standalone. Is it worth paying 5 bucks to check out the DayZ mod? Last time I played that standalone was a month ago and I couldn't get into it that much. I just couldn't find any guns or anything exciting happening. Is the mod much different?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
i'm gonna have to slap you in the face dude
Fine, but you'll have to call me Martha.

For dinner I had some hamburguers, my friend recommended Pizza. Anyone has some impressions?
I'd go with guiso de mondongo.

mondongo.jpg

Exquisite.

I'm probably missing some Indie releases

Dark Souls II
Child of Light
Daylight
Wolfenstein
Killer is Dead (Don't know much about this one)
Transistor
The Forest
Wildstar (June 3rd)

Dark Souls II, The Forest, and Transistor for me. Three day one releases counts as a large amount in my book.

Took me about that long for the controls to click. Amazing game.

(1) Not a bad list, but other than my now depressing purchase of Dark Souls 2, I'm not sure how many pickups there are for me in there day 1 -- Transistor, Killer is Dead, and Child of LIght have my attention, but we'll see what happens.

(2) Your screenshots always makes me wish that I didn't think the game was terrible. This particular screenshot made me think "wow, that was in the game? it had some really good design in terms of visuals for the world environments." and then my memories flood back in and I remember my huge level of annoyance with that particular part and the new mechanic as well as the bit right before it as well.

the buy/sell thread is so random

everything from people selling Humble Bundle keys for $15 to others selling Steam gifts for $1 and $2.. why bother

To fund their 3DS binges.

All this Cowboy Bebop talk pleases me.

Cowboy Bebop is always good.

Saikyo

Gurren Lagann, Code Geass and Madoka are really good too but are more "animey" than Cowboy Bebop.

Ok gonna stop here or this is goona turn into an "anime OT"

Edit: No news from the Kof entries on steam? : (

2002um and 98um I mean.

derExperte

To fund their 3DS binges.

Just checked now. The guy on top of the last page not only wants $15 for the HB Origin bundle Steam keys, no, right below he wants another $15 for the Origin keys. You'd think people on GAF are better than that.

For dinner I had some hamburguers, my friend recommended Pizza. Anyone has some impressions?

Wow, I thought you wrote hamburgers wrong but that's really a thing. http://hamburguers.com/ TIL

maty

All this talk about Cowboy Bebop reminds me I only saw the 1st episode, need to get back to it.

Also, the only good anime ever made (is Death Note. That's what experts say.

Nope, once
L
dies it turns to shit.

The fact that One Piece is awesome must have just slipped their minds then.

Yes, best shounen around but the manga is way better, no filler.

I don't watch anime but I read a few manga and I would recommend Vagabond, Berserk.

Just checked now. The guy on top of the last page not only wants $15 for the HB Origin bundle Steam keys, no, right below he wants another $15 for the Origin keys. You'd think people on GAF are better than that.

Wow, I thought you wrote hamburgers wrong but that's really a thing. http://hamburguers.com/ TIL

Before I came into posting on SteamGAF, I used to have a ton of extra keys -- most went to my buddy, but I had a bunch left over, so I threw them up in my sale posts... I eventually said it was like "take this whole lot for $5" or something like that. I tend to lowball the hell out of my stuff though, just cause i want it to move.

----

Why am I not in that list for Astats?

Still after watching...*checks MAL* 420ish animes Bebop still is one that will always be near the top of my list of favorites, and must watch even for people who aren't fans of anime.

If anything, Flappy Party taught me that Gaf can be just as bad as everywhere else.

Also, Berserk is rad. Plus that opening.

Uhh... what the fuck?
"JaseCisaCunt"

People don't like JaseC? Why?

9UVyAZa.png

mahvel baby

What? I don't recognize the word down there at the bottom...

I thought Caertih was saying Cowboy Bebop is a masterpiece while the others are merely good.

He was saying that Inception and Cowboy Bebop are masterpieces and saying Outlaw Star and Avengers were fun to watch.

X <IS TO> Y [AS] A <IS TO> B

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Uhh... what the fuck?
"JaseCisaCunt"

People don't like JaseC? Why?

At one point I saw someone with the username "JaseC is my waifu" when I played it, so there's that. I also saw "Boner for Ronan."

I read the PS2 game was good actually (or not awful at least) but I didn't have the chance to play it.

I would kill for new Berserk game.

I've heard really good things about it, shame it's only in Japanese.

Have there been any rumours of a complete redesign for the desktop Steam client? I think that would be really welcomed.. it's just so bloated and sluggish now.

I wish I could see popular reviews for games in the Library view, so I wouldnt have to click through to that games' store page to see what people think.

Yeah...not exactly sure how I'm supposed to purchase Amazing Spider-man 2 from the RU store. My us billing information resets the price back to $40. Guess I'll stick with my other order.

rookiejet

I really disliked the second half of Cowboy Bebop.
It wasn't funny and nothing interesting happened, but I forced myself through it because I liked the first half. It felt like they were done, and were simply padding to fill their obligations for an entire season's length. The ending was corny (in a bad way), and I just couldn't take it seriously, I would have been fine with them not concluding it at all.

I'm impatient with most TV, though, and I hardly watch at all as I'm very intolerant of filler. I would have probably hated Firefly if it had gone any longer than it had. I haven't watched past season 1 of Buffy.

Details, details.

More than merely good. Cowboy Bebop is fine dining, Outlaw Star is your favorite pizza place.

Also what corrosivefrost said.

I remember liking Outlaw Star -- but when I tried to rewatch it, it started off very slow.
I'm also a big fan of both the Full Metal Alchemists series. That's probably my favorite.
Samurai Champloo was done by the Cowboy Bebop people and that was good.

I've always heard good things about FLCL, but I can't get into that one -- it's too random for me.

I'm impatient with most TV, though, and I hardly watch at all as I'm very intolerant of filler. I would have probably hated Firefly if it had gone any longer than it had. I haven't watched past season 1 of Buffy.

Season 2 is the best but if you're that intolerant of filler then you probably wouldn't make it through anyway.

Season 1 is also terrible. Might as well not exist since the few important points are referenced adequately in the next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom