• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any limit for how many active Steam Community Marketplace listings you can have at once? I have about one hundred Steam trading cards to get rid of.

Nope, however if you've not yet approached 200 sales then you'll need to either provide your name, address and Social Security Number or declare that you're not a US resident for tax purposes, depending on your situation. I sold dozens upon dozens of cards myself last year in the lead-up to the Autumn Sale, signed the aforementioned declaration form when asked, and continued selling through my stash moments later.

I bought the game years before I ever considered getting into PC gaming so that coupon/info is long gone unfortunately. Of course once I fell in love with Steam and PC, I regretted throwing that stuff out

Dude, you're crazy.
You could've sold that stuff and netted a PC copy for free, pretty much.

240th what an accomplishment.

Putting it on the resume.

#217. I have made an appearance.

Yeah... CAPCOM GIVE ME MAHVEL ON PC

ibwX8sbblGP0pt.gif

Give you what?

I got it on Steam but it has DLC and WB never puts their DLC on sale. :(

This. I have 2 DLC packs from the game on my Steam Wishlist and unless I go to play it tomorrow, I won't be grabbing them anytime soon.

They can't even give Marvel on console anymore.

It isn't going to happen.

#TRUTHFACT

Not that it would have ever happened anyway. Marvel is crazy and hates money.

There are a ton of games I'd rather have Capcom give on Steam and Marvel is my last choice.

Quiet you. Go play your visual novels.

To add to this, the app is still private so it won't show up in your library just yet.

Was FootLOL in a bundle somewhere -- I swear I got a copy somewhere...
Edit: Maybe not. But they had a groupees Spotlight on it amgonst others (Debut 6).

JaseC

A two-week sale is nice and long. I've been meaning to ask Bohemia about the decision to not let owners of the ROW ARMA 2 app add the NA ARMA 2 app to their libraries (and vice-versa), so this seems like the perfect time to get around to it. If the restriction is lifted then I can pick up the ROW app on the cheap.

Was FootLOL in a bundle somewhere -- I swear I got a copy somewhere...

In addition to IGS it was also included in Indie Royale's Debut 6 and a Groupees Spotlight, according to the IGBW.

Forkball

I put Lego Marvel Superheroes on my wishlist and a day later it's $5. I have the magic touch!

And ACIV for $20? ONE AT A TIME PLEASE

Aerocrane

Nope, however if you've not yet approached 200 sales then you'll need to either provide your name, address and Social Security Number or declare that you're not a US resident for tax purposes, depending on your situation. I sold dozens upon dozens of cards myself last year in the lead-up to the Autumn Sale, signed the aforementioned declaration form when asked, and continued selling through my stash moments later.
I don't think so. Just put the cards in the market. Your cards will be sold instantly (if you set the price as the lowest price in the market), so you won't hit any limits (if there are any)

Thanks you guys. Hopefully I can get couple euros from selling all the cards so I can get LEGO The Lord of the Rings before the sale is over.

Getting 50 bandages in SMB wasn't easy for me. But it's done. ^_^

Time to see what other credits I should be focusing on now that I've cleaned a few more out of the queue. :D

Thanks you guys. Hopefully I can get couple euros from selling all the cards so I can get LEGO The Lord of the Rings before the sale is over.

If you go here, it should give you a rough idea of the value you're holding and enhanced steam will give you an idea of how much you still have left from idling/playing.

Aerocrane

If you go here, it should give you a rough idea of the value you're holding and enhanced steam will give you an idea of how much you still have left from idling/playing.

Looks like my cards are worth about 17.10€. Far more than I would have expected, but a large amount of that money are probably my Deadly Premonition foils which I don't intend on selling.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Lego Giveaway
Couldn't resist the good deals
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

LEGO The Lord of the Rings -- MB-C6AE922E448DE006 - Taken by 3chopl0x. 12 entrants total.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes -- MB-C520B48CAF658ED4 - Taken by DJSebolski. 11 entrants total.

t1397631457z1.png

Grief.exe

Wow. Cowboy Bebop is tough to find.

Not avialble directly on Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon. The Hulu listing sends you to Adult Swim's website which only has five episodes starting the middle of season one.

Blu-ray is ridiculously expensive on Amazon as well.

JaseC

If anybody else here buys Spider-Guy 2 and Wolf14, don't be alarmed when the games don't show up in your library; the apps are still private/hidden.

Not avialble directly on Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon. The Hulu listing sends you to Adult Swim's website which only has five episodes starting the middle of season one.

The Bluray is worth it. The crisp details.

Its a shame that there isnt a german version of it. German translation is still the best.

JaseC

Sp tempted to get Wolfenstein... but maybe GMG will get a preorder deal?

A -25% coupon seems like a safe bet. Obviously the TF2 items are out of the question but I assume other DD stores will also offer Doom 4 beta access.

didamangi

That does look pretty decent -- some of it looks janky, but the web traversals look fantastic and the combat reminds me a bit of the Arkham games for some reason. Wishlisted.

The series is basically spider-man version of the arkham series really, with faster and more janky combat system. I enjoyed the first game, even if it is a shitty port for AMD card users. It has a few nice epic boss battles and web slinging around the cities is fun if not automatic-like.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

I don't know if it's still up, but I remember Crackle had a few episodes if I recall correctly.

Levyne

Banned
Dupy with another nice giveaway.

I've actually managed to watch both games to completion so I will sit out. Both seem like fun time wasters with a buddy. All the recent lego games, really.

Grief.exe

The Bluray is worth it. The crisp details.

Its a shame that there isnt a german version of it. German translation is still the best.

I just quickly glanced, but we are talking one season for around $100. Full series at several hundred on Bluray.

This is well beyond reasonable at this point.

I would go $30 maximum for an extraneous purchase such as this.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
For those a part of Space Engineers's Early Access, they just added multiplayer and Survival (hard mode, less resources and greater cost when mistakes occur).

I imagine multiplayer will be a lot of fun with 16 players, or more potentially in future updates with weapons. Zero gravity, Steam Workshop use for sharing of stages, a lot of potential there. I know I plan to recreate the ship from Disney's Black Hole (underrated sci-fi movie) once I get the game.

#714, I'm moving up in the world.

Edit: No, now I'm below 1000. I didn't pay attention to how many more people still needed to be added.

All these people talking about ASM2 as Spider-Man 2 got my hopes up and I thought somehow we got Spider-Man 2 on steam...

If all you want is the web-swinging, then you should take a look at Energy Hook. Made by the man responsible for the web-swinging in Spider-Man 2 movie game (that's the Spider-Man 2 I assume you are referring to, not the Neversoft developed, comic book based ones).
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=145451414

Echoplx

Thanks Dupy for LEGO Lord of the Rings!

I'm in need of a relaxing time sink right now, stuck in a leg brace for the next month ;_;

Knurek

I just quickly glanced, but we are talking one season for around $100. Full series at several hundred on Bluray.

Yeah, anime releases in US are an extortion racket. And this is not something your companies are guilty of - the pricing ideas are by Japanese companies.
BD releases of anime in Japan are even more expensive if you can believe it (up to $70 for two episodes (1/13th of series usually).

Aerocrane

That sucks, the Collectors Edition Blu-rays are going for about 60€ for the full series on Amazon UK.

JaseC

Question about game count. Steam says I own 999 games on my profile, but "all games" is 1014. What's up with that?

"All Games" as in "the All Games tab of my profile": it includes free/F2P games with play time and, mistakenly, many pieces of DLC
"All Games" as in "'My game library as reported by the client": F2P games for which you own DLC are tethered to your library but don't actually count as owned games

Edit: My second answer assumes no non-Steam shortcuts and installed free/F2P games such as Super Crate Box.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is there any reason I should claim my account on astats? Any benefit in doing so or am I free in now ignoring it after my curiosity of where I rank has been satisfied?

Question about game count. Steam says I own 999 games on my profile, but "all games" is 1014. What's up with that?

Own games are ones you purchased, were gifted, etc while All Games includes anything you have in your library that is free such as The Plan or the various Free To Play titles like DOTA2

Edit: Ah, already answered. oh well, any excuse to post a link to The Plan is worth it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Holy shit the 360 controls for helicopter in Air Conflicts Vietnam are AWFUL.

Game sucks in general. Seems like it could have been cool but you're fighting in these tiny boxes of airspace. That isn't the spirit of flying!

DocSeuss

"All Games" as in "the All Games tab of my profile": it includes free/F2P games with play time and, mistakenly, many pieces of DLC
"All Games" as in "'My game library as reported by the client": F2P games for which you own DLC are tethered to your library but don't actually count as owned games

Edit: My second answer assumes no non-Steam shortcuts and installed free/F2P games such as Super Crate Box.

I installed Super Crate Box at one point.

Still. Cool. I'm at 999 games, then. 1,000's gonna be Tropico 5 after all.

I'm glad a bunch of you answered, but only one of you mentioned Super Crate Box. :mad:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ASM 1 was surprisingly good (or maybe I just missed a spidey game, either way I finished and liked it), the sequel is tempting at that price, too bad it comes out shortly after DS2 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom