• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

ASM 1 was surprisingly good (or maybe I just missed a spidey game, either way I finished and liked it), the sequel is tempting at that price, too bad it comes out shortly after DS2 :(

It's a pity Acti's superhero games are close to unplayable for Team Red people. :(
Prototype really seems like a good game as well. :(

Vote For Pedro or Better Red Than Dead.

B367D342A435B493EBAD723A259A0B8E2FE7DDF0

One is a diplomatic victory with Brazil, which I'm close to being able to do, just 5 votes shy of making Brazil world leader. I basicallly need to win over two more city-states. The other is a domination victory with the Order Ideology. I have 80 turns left to capture 5 capitols.

Dr Dogg

Oh christ, just because I had all these Watch_Dawgs pre-order money sitting around, and still skeptical on whether I should pre-order it, I used it instead to buy AC IV at $20.

I didn't even finish AC III yet. I'm just running around sequence 06 doing homestead/naval/hunting instead of the story for like 6 hours now.

I think after JaseC's, ricochetguro's and countless others kerfuffle's with uPlay anyone who isn't using Game Save Manager and cloud saving to something like DropBox, Box or Google Drive is entering a word of pain.

On the subject of Watch_Dogs though their promo site wearedata.watchdogs.com is quiet freaky in that it's pulling real time tweets, instagram and flickr pics based on the meta data contained and the location you select (only 3 cities for all of europe sadly). Might see if I can glitch the system.

Arthea

SR4 dlcs cost 40,12€ ... with most discounted, yes...
noooooooo.jpg

Is there any chance we will get something like SR4 complete or GOTY or any version that includes all dlcs and doesn't cost that much?

Vote For Pedro or Better Red Than Dead.

pic

One is a diplomatic victory with Brazil, which I'm close to being able to do, just 5 votes shy of making Brazil world leader. I basicallly need to win over two more city-states. The other is a domination victory with the Order Ideology. I have 80 turns left to capture 5 capitols.

just 5? just? *insert evil laugh here*

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC -- let me know if you hear anything back from Sega regarding Stormrise, please.

It's now been a little over 24 hours since I bumped my ticket and I'm still waiting. This is ostensibly a good sign since my initial message was responded to in just ~9 hours.

oh my, that would be delicious, but I don't see this package on the store. How come?

Presumably it's the digital equivalent of this, which is still a few weeks away.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Continuing my adventures in games I never launched before...

I just spent half a fucking hour setting up all the bullshit that PES2013 makes you do at the start, and now it is auto-connecting to the internet every time I launch it and trying to keep me up with my local scene LIKE I GIVE A FUCK AND I CAN'T TELL IT NO. And a separate application you have to dig out of the game folder to even change resolution? Is this fucking... well fuck I don't even know how long ago Duke Nukem 3D was but that is the last game I remember having to do that with. Jesus fucking Christ.

*deep breath*

Anyway I think this sufficiently annoyed me out of wanting to learn how to play it. NBA2K13 was waaaay better designed with everything surrounding the gameplay. I wonder if the FIFA games are any good still. Haven't touched them since 98 on N64.

_hekk05

Banned
Just reached the end of Fez

My reaction when watching the ending
twdzxh.gif

I have no idea what just happened. It also gave me a splitting headache. Oh well I earned 10 pence.

Caerith

Yeah, anime releases in US are an extortion racket. And this is not something your companies are guilty of - the pricing ideas are by Japanese companies.
BD releases of anime in Japan are even more expensive if you can believe it (up to $70 for two episodes (1/13th of series usually).
Localization adds to the cost, too. Worth it in some cases-- Cowboy Bebop's English cast is sublime.

Knurek

Anyway I think this sufficiently annoyed me out of wanting to learn how to play it. NBA2K13 was waaaay better designed with everything surrounding the gameplay. I wonder if the FIFA games are any good still. Haven't touched them since 98 on N64.

I don't think you'll find a better sport game than NBA2k13. Not on PC at least.
Football Manager might tickle your fancy, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a 'sport' game. :)

Dambrosi

Banned
Just reached the end of Fez

My reaction when watching the ending
twdzxh.gif

I have no idea what just happened. It also gave me a splitting headache. Oh well I earned 10 pence.
That's not the ending. It's only AN ending.

Get all 64 cubes
and all 3 red cubes
and come back to us. We can wait.

Yeah, anime releases in US are an extortion racket. And this is not something your companies are guilty of - the pricing ideas are by Japanese companies.
BD releases of anime in Japan are even more expensive if you can believe it (up to $70 for two episodes (1/13th of series usually).

We have to pay the same amount for bluray releases and the same amount of episodes.

Sometimes we even have to pay that price for 2 episodes on one dvd.

mannerbot

We have to pay the same amount for bluray releases and the same amount of episodes.

Sometimes we even have to pay that price for 2 episodes on one dvd.

Ouch, these Cowboy Bebop prices. Everything just went out of print? :(

edit: oh, Funimation picked up the rights and will be releasing the series on Blu-Ray this year. Hooray!

Acccent

I just quickly glanced, but we are talking one season for around $100. Full series at several hundred on Bluray.

...there is... only one season though ?_?

Anime in France is way cheaper (we're the second worldwide buyer iirc... after Japan)
when I read this I'm glad I own the 9-DVD collectors edition box :p[/SPOIL]

JaseC

I really liked that Sniper Challenge, played it when I got it free on PS+. Can you get it without buying the full game?

Nope, but you can just buy Absolution on Steam when it goes on sale and get it that way.

Edit: Actually, one key reseller is offering keys at $5.38 a piece.

JaseC

Dang. Don't really want it enough to buy Hitman, ha. Oh well. Will wait and see how cheap it gets.

As I ninja-edited into my above post, you can buy it for a little over $5 from a key reseller if you really want it and it alone.

Milamber

I see Ars still can't be bothered to put the complete story into a single page. Gotta get those clicks somehow

Proper click ads placement means that every page shows one graph each and no less than 5 pages total.

And one page at least fading out to a full screen ad with a tiny close button on the side that opens a separate page to the ad.

With audio autoplaying.

Loudly.

_hekk05

Banned
Proper click ads placement means that every page shows one graph each and no less than 5 pages total.

And one page at least fading out to a full screen ad with a tiny close button on the side that opens a separate page to the ad.

With audio autoplaying.

Loudly.

Can't go wrong with those floating ads that follow you when you scroll and distract you with flashy colours and expanding breasts

wetflame

Pizza Dog
As I ninja-edited into my above post, you can buy it for a little over $5 from a key reseller if you really want it and it alone.

Thanks, this site seems to be selling them for 2 Euros, but I remember they were giving them away at one point and not sure if they've still got any in stock. It's still up there though. I'm locked out of the community market for now so key trading will have to wait.

Knurek

Started my replay of Broken Sword 3 yesterday...

Ye gods, talk about console simplification at its (not) finest. Why do I need to have RESI tank controls in my adventure game? What are those pre-Uncharted auto platforming sections doing here? Why do we need QTE in a supposedly pnc adventure game?

Also, honestly, 3D graphics get really old in the tooth really fast. The game was released 11 years ago and looks absolutely disgusting, especially doing character close-ups. All the while Broken Sword 1/2, released 18 and 17 years ago to this day look pretty good.

If you haven't played the game yet, and liked the earlier two parts... well, be warned. Game has not aged well.
If you have played the game earlier, don't come back. No, seriously, leave the game be. Stick with BS 5, whenever that goes out of Early Access.

fantomena

Dear Gaben,
Im sorry to have sinned
I bought Child of Light and Trials: Fusion today
For PS4
It's not because fo you
But the devil UPlay has driven me crazy on PC
Im not going over to full-time console gaming
It's just this time
Please forgive me
Lord Gaben

Wtf.