• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Nooooo. Why does the Japanese language class in my school come with a compulsory $3500 (abt US$2800) 1 week field trip to Japan??

Nooooo. Why does the Japanese language class in my school come with a compulsory $3500 (abt US$2800) 1 week field trip to Japan??

That's pretty cool, aside from the compulsory part. I would have loved to have that opportunity when I was studying Japanese. I probably couldn't have afforded it though. :( Ended up going after college anyway.

_hekk05

Banned
Why would they make that compulsory? Geez :/

Its a summer class thing. Classes in normal semesters don't have this requirement. Its part of a programme that prepares students for overseas exchange programs. You usually can't get in unless you're part of the programme, but I backdoored in by sending an email to the vice dean of the programme.

They're just gouging those of us who have to overload because our majors require more credits than others.

FFS I'm taking 6 modules a sem, graduating in 4 years, and still have to take classes in summer

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even realize that Stanley Parable had been released. That got me to thinking about a wishlist of sorts for the next Humble Bundle.

So far:
- Stanley Parable
- Risk of Rain
- Steamworld Dig

- Jazzpunk
- Battleblock Theater
- The Banner Saga

These plus:

-99 Spirits (Missed previous bundles)
-Actual Sunlight (Same as above)
-Cherry Tree High Comedy Club (Same)
-Lone Survivor (Same)
-Gunpoint
-Motte Island
-Papers, Please
-Project Zomboid
-The Book of Legends
-The Yawhg
-Year Walk

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Uhh... what the fuck?
"JaseCisaCunt"

People don't like JaseC? Why?

Probably a CAG user. I went into the Amazon thread a few days ago and asked if Josh could look into getting Steam keys for the Settlers 7 games since, unsurprisingly, I ultimately didn't get anywhere with Ubi Support, at which point a former GAF member claimed that I bought the DLC pack deliberately in an attempt to score a key from Ubi for free and the situation was just one in a long line of similar attempts to extort keys from publishers. Naturally, I explained that he was wrong, but this just caused a few people to brand me a liar, retard, or douchebag, and one user in particular even suggested that my request should be ignored because I wouldn't play the game, which made the least sense of the lot because CAG is a forum dedicated to finding the best deals and several users have a signature proudly referencing their backlog. Insular communities are fun!

So there's a $40 Adventure Time game on Steam and a new $10 one?

What happened there?

I read this as "Adventures of Tintin" again. Sigh.

Zarx

I didn't even realize that Stanley Parable had been released. That got me to thinking about a wishlist of sorts for the next Humble Bundle.

So far:
- Stanley Parable
- Risk of Rain
- Steamworld Dig

And they are all games i own, the humble bundles haven't been really hitting for me lately as I buy too many damn games anyway I usually own all but one of the titles. But for the sake of getting great games into lots people's hands I still appreciate them. I am kinda hoping they will do a Japan themed one with some combination of

Cave Story+
Half Minute Hero
One Way Heroics
Deadly Premonition
Carpe Fulgur bundle (Chantelise, Recettear, Fortune Summoners)
La-Mulana
A Ys game or two
Ikaruga

catabarez

Probably a CAG user. I went into the Amazon thread a few days ago and asked if Josh could look into getting Steam keys for the Settlers 7 games since, unsurprisingly, I ultimately didn't get anywhere with Ubi Support, at which point a former GAF member claimed that I bought the DLC pack deliberately in an attempt to score a key from Ubi for free and the situation was just one in a long line of similar attempts to extort keys from publishers. Naturally, I explained that he was wrong, but this just caused a few people to brand me a liar, retard, or douchebag, and one user in particular even suggested that my request should be ignored because I wouldn't play the game, which made the least sense of the lot because CAG is a forum dedicated to finding the best deals and several users have a signature proudly referencing their backlog. Insular communities are fun!

I read this as "Adventures of Tintin" again. Sigh.

Thatescalatedquickly.jpg

The AWD thread on CAG is a dark and scary place.
Next time, I would suggest PMing Josh if possible instead.

I'm still wondering why I wasn't in the top pages of that Steam list on Astats or whatever... Oh well, at least I'm still incognito, I guess. ^_^

Grief.exe

at which point a former GAF member claimed that I bought the DLC pack deliberately in an attempt to score a key from Ubi for free

You bought the DLC in order to get a Steam key. That isn't trying to get something for free, you purchased a product. You just want that product on a better service.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You bought the DLC in order to get a Steam key. That isn't trying to get something for free, you purchased a product. You just want that product on a better service.

Well, to use the DLC pack I need Paths to a Kingdom vanilla (something I didn't realise until after I'd purchased it because I misread the requisite app id of 48120 as 48210), which I can't buy on Steam because it was pulled when the Gold Edition went up (48210). I told Ubi that I'd buy the game from the Uplay store if it meant getting a Steam key but alas they weren't interested, however to their credit I did get a Uplay key for the DLC pack to use in the event that I buy the vanilla version on Uplay, which is better than nothing.

Enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Xotic -- MB-4F5AB3A8D2CB0F23 - Taken by KenOD
Runespell: Overture - -- MB-6416888363EBFDE6

If you bought it new on PS3, you can get the PC version for free. There is a coupon coming with the game disc.
I bought the game years before I ever considered getting into PC gaming so that coupon/info is long gone unfortunately. Of course once I fell in love with Steam and PC, I regretted throwing that stuff out

catabarez

I bought the game years before I ever considered getting into PC gaming so that coupon/info is long gone unfortunately. Of course once I fell in love with Steam and PC, I regretted throwing that stuff out

You cray. That game was my first Steam game. It ran horribly on my laptop but I took it!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Well good to know my poor experience with CAG and being kicked out over something I felt was blown out proportion is not a rare experience. Still, I'm glad they are around, I can simply read the threads and get good information.

Thanks for Xotic, I had no idea it was a high score chain combo game based off the game play I saw of it, and that's exactly what I want out of a game right now.

Milamber

Oh christ, just because I had all these Watch_Dawgs pre-order money sitting around, and still skeptical on whether I should pre-order it, I used it instead to buy AC IV at $20.

I didn't even finish AC III yet. I'm just running around sequence 06 doing homestead/naval/hunting instead of the story for like 6 hours now.

I started Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood recently and I have run into an interesting glitch. Every time I close my internet browser or go to turn my computer off, my computer blue screens. It only happens after sessions where I have played Brotherhood and it can happen over an hour after that. Every single time :(

Milamber

Whenever I see Milamber playing ACIII on my notifications I die a little inside.

Wait for the inevitable save corruption and my whining then you'll see me start up AC IV.

EDIT: I may be halfway through the game right now, but I feel that it isn't that bad from seeing GAF impressions at the time.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm tempted to buy Injustice at GMG but I dunno... I'd have to use sweetfx to make the colors not abject shit.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: I may be halfway through the game right now, but I feel that it isn't that bad from seeing GAF impressions at the time.

Hate to rain on your parade, but the number of sequences left are a bit misleading since the second half of the sequences get longer. Especially if you're doing the sidequests.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
And even then, you're just making it a different abject shit more inline with your preferences.
Yeah... CAPCOM GIVE ME MAHVEL ON PC

ibwX8sbblGP0pt.gif

I couldn't resist, I pre-ordered the new Tex Murphy. Now I just hope it's gonna be good, and cheesy!

And, of course, Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure and the pre-order bonus The Pandora Directive don't appear next to each other in the games list. People with OCD, beware!

Edit: BTW, don't know if new, but if you bought FootLOL on IGS, the Steam keys are available now.

Turning Environmental Quality from Very High or whatever the max is to high gave me around 10-15 extra frames. Would be the first setting I check other than Physx.

Aerocrane

Is there any limit for how many active Steam Community Marketplace listings you can have at once? I have about one hundred Steam trading cards to get rid of.

Deques

Is there any limit for how many active Steam Community Marketplace listings you can have at once? I have about one hundred Steam trading cards to get rid of.

I don't think so. Just put the cards in the market. Your cards will be sold instantly (if you set the price as the lowest price in the market), so you won't hit any limits (if there are any)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom